Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

has anyone else who's been here for a while noticed that goons generally somehow got their poo poo together? at least in the circles i post in i remmeber a lot of doom and gloom from everyone being sad virgins in the 2000s myself included and nowadays seems like most people are in their 30s posting about their families, careers just kinda flourishing and it seems like more people here seem to have landed on their feet than u would think :-]

yeah def true and me as well.

I think a lot of it stemmed from shut in anxiety where your only basis for comparison is looking at the absolute top of various fields and thinking you could never amount to anything.

In reality you end up in some department where the boss is like "oh dude you know how to make a pivot table in excel? we've been looking for someone like that"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

sex is awesome i love to bang my smokin hot wife

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
have you ever noticed that depressed people are always really fat or really skinny? I feel like there's some good comedy in there, definitely a few posts worth

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Powerful Katrinka posted:

'Harbinger' sounds like 'haberdasher,' which is another fun word to say. Haberdasher.

Not sure if this will get me my hotdog though.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

beep by grandpa posted:

writing that put me in a good mood. i like to hear when members of our community are doing well (sorry OP)

Well my health is poo poo so I can't say I'm like doing amazing but other than that things are fine in the same way they've always been. Although I liked SA for its weird sense of humor and community I never liked how it was way too self-degrading back then and while the dumb self-degrading comments are still around and probably never going away at least they no longer seem to correspond to reality for the most part, yeah.

Most goons still around just seem to be regular people doing fine.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

STABASS posted:

have you ever noticed that depressed people are always really fat or really skinny? I feel like there's some good comedy in there, definitely a few posts worth

Ive noticed depressed people rarely eat enough fiber

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm cripplingly depressed. AMA

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pennywise the Frown posted:

how tall are you

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sid Vicious posted:

how tall are you

5'10.5" I always wanted to be 5'11". They never give me that half inch.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

now you are 5'11" i used my godly powers youre welcome

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

STABASS posted:

hot take: former fat people always gently caress

if you were always skinny and depressed oof maybe start doing drugs or get on twitter and learn to be very toxic and manipulative

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Sid Vicious posted:

now you are 5'11" i used my godly powers youre welcome

=O Thank you!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

hell, i can do even better than sid and give you three inches

what are you doing next friday?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ChubbyChecker posted:

hell, i can do even better than sid and give you three inches

what are you doing next friday?

lol

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

5'10.5" I always wanted to be 5'11". They never give me that half inch.

I'm closer to 5'10", but I always liked the numbers 5'9" better, so I always say that's my height.

beep by grandpa posted:

has anyone else who's been here for a while noticed that goons generally somehow got their poo poo together? at least in the circles i post in i remmeber a lot of doom and gloom from everyone being sad virgins in the 2000s myself included and nowadays seems like most people are in their 30s posting about their families, careers just kinda flourishing and it seems like more people here seem to have landed on their feet than u would think :-]

I'm 30, just starting my career and don't have a family. :( Can I borrow yours?

Edit: Also, I'm not getting enough fiber in my diet.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 9, 2022

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

do you get enough fiber in your diet?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

if you happen to build that model rocket today do you think you can shoot it right at my balls?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

STABASS posted:

Make sure to work Laurel and Hardy in there somehow

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I guess we all walk the path in our own way and style, op

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Sid Vicious posted:

same

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

It's not the angel of death who will purify the world. A lot of people think purifying the world is a good idea, so this desire will be carried out by an entity who is the embodiment of humanity's morality and sense of justice: An angel of light and warmth who looks like a big muscular adonis with golden hair, glowing blue eyes, skin as white as marble, and a massive set of cock and balls that's almost too big proportionally for its already gigantic form.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

you betyer stop bangin my smokin hot wife you piece of poo poo!!!

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I was rejected by his smoking hot wife. It was a humiliating experience.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.

Sid Vicious posted:

We all do

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

slant posted:

I’m 5’9’, 300lbs. I’m 38 years old and live at home. Currently unemployed and have never so much as kissed a girl. To top it all off I registered for SA back in ‘04 and this is my first post.

But you know, despite my massively lovely decisions, it really does seem like it’s all coming down isn’t it…

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

More like hamburger of the apocalypse

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Betty Wight posted:

How long were you waiting for Betty White to die so you could register an account with this user name?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

do you get enough fiber in your diet?

Absolutely not. Most Americans don't get near enough fiber. I do get Benefiber from Costco though but I keep forgetting to take it. The stuff works wonders.

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

if you happen to build that model rocket today do you think you can shoot it right at my balls?

I built it but the glue is still drying and I didn't paint it yet. I can't launch it without painting it of course. Everyone knows it goes faster then.

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Yaldabaoth posted:

How long were you waiting for Betty White to die so you could register an account with this user name?

Until literally the day of her death.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Betty Wight posted:

Posting tip from the pros: Read the first page before posting to make sure you're not making the same joke.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P1xk-i97Ec

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Sid Vicious posted:

you betyer stop bangin my smokin hot wife you piece of poo poo!!!

You can’t watch her 24/7! :evilbuddy:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

ChubbyChecker posted:

thats nothing op. im 69 years old 420 pounder double virgin whos homeless

instead of nose i have another dick and neither of them work

That's nothing. I'm 110 years old, 985 pounds, own no possessions whatever and I'm banned from every city and town in the world. My entire body is made from dicks and all of them are virgin. And my presence within a mile of any woman makes her want to glue her vagina shut. You're lucky.

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Posting tip from the pros: Read the first page before posting to make sure you're not making the same joke.

You absolutely cannot make me read. :justpost:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Nice one op

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

slant posted:

I’m 5’9’, 300lbs. I’m 38 years old and live at home. Currently unemployed and have never so much as kissed a girl. To top it all off I registered for SA back in ‘04 and this is my first post.

But you know, despite my massively lovely decisions, it really does seem like it’s all coming down isn’t it…

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

That's 69". You know, the sex number. Which you've never had lmao gottem

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wonder if op got a boner

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

BigBadSteve posted:

That's nothing. I'm 110 years old, 985 pounds, own no possessions whatever and I'm banned from every city and town in the world. My entire body is made from dicks and all of them are virgin. And my presence within a mile of any woman makes her want to glue her vagina shut. You're lucky.

drat! :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
That’s nothing, I decided to give a gently caress and right at the culmination of all my efforts Covid came and now we’re in hellworld and I really shouldn’t have bothered.