Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Tobey McGuire is the perfect blend of dorky nerd loser Peter and quick-witted, tenacious hero Spidey that no other actor has been able to capture since. Danny Elfman's music is top notch, some of the best he's ever done in filmmaking. There are still so many practical effects and props and the CGI has, for the most part, aged better than most other movies of it's time. Joss Whedon hadn't ruined movies entirely yet so the dialogue feels more genuine than any Marvel movie since and the one liners land much more authentically. Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina are two of the best villains and even James Franco gives a good performance in 3. Plus they're all only 2 hours long instead of two 4 hour movies a piece which is a trend that needs to die. All in all they're highly enjoyable adventure movies that will hold up as cult classics long after poo poo like Avengers: Endgame is forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

i only like the shouty newspaper guy and he was so good they kept him around even though they made his hair worse in the new ones.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I tend to agree but Spiderman 3 is comparable to Terminator 3. Or Alien 3.

They should have stopped at 2.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I didn't really care for them when they came out and I don't really care for them now. I am neutral

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Spiderman 3 is so hilarious. Like.. it's not good, and I don't respect what they were going for, but they were definitely going for SOMETHING and it was very unusual.

The scene where peter makes his hair evil is an all timer, as is the scene where harry osborne hides under the table in the diner as the bus goes by.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I used to like the first Spiderman but now I'm soured on the whole franchise because it's been rebooted a grotesque number of times.

I still adore Spider Verse though.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
3 needed to cut Sandman but otherwise is still good and I think a lot of people forget that the entire joke is that even with a badass alien symbiote giving Peter self-confidence and the will to express it he's still ultimately a goober nerd and as a goober nerd I respect that

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

3 needed to cut Sandman but otherwise is still good and I think a lot of people forget that the entire joke is that even with a badass alien symbiote giving Peter self-confidence and the will to express it he's still ultimately a goober nerd and as a goober nerd I respect that

*pushes u up against a framed glass picture*

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I distinctly remember seeing Spiderman 3 in theaters and hating the movie so much my bud and I cut out before it finished to smoke cigarettes outside. We kinda stood around for a moment, trying to contemplate why they would do this to us after Spiderman 2 being pretty solid.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its extra funny because Spider-man 1 and 2 had scripts that languished in development and were redone dozens of times while Spider-man 3 apparently got put together pretty smoothly.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
dunkey's spider man 3 video is really really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxvC647Yi0A&t=4s

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I think the second one was pretty good, but the green goblin just didn’t work for me as a movie villain—either version.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm more of X-Man guy op

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
sorry but all superhero movies are trash sorry

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The entire second act of 3 is just Venom-Peter cucking and being cucked back and forth nonstop it's hilarious

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Agree with op. I also just saw the latest spiderman and I thought it was the best of the Tom Holland spidermen.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
1 and 2 own, 3 is hilarious for the wrong reasons

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
Spider-Man 3 sucked dick because Raimi said no chance in hell was he ever gonna do Venom, and then Sony put the proverbial gun to his head and said you're gonna loving do Venom and you're gonna fuckin' love it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Topher Grace as Venom loving owns he's such a piece of poo poo

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I don't really like these movies too much. However, I totally see the effort and skill of the filmmakers in them. They're lightyears better than the stuff they're doing now with Sony and Disney.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Harry literally cannot finish a scene without just eating absolute poo poo in one way or another. This movie is genius.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
loving pizza

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Topher Grace an underrated aspect of that trilogy. The hater we all aspire to be. Wishing death on Peter Parker and didn’t even know he was Spider-Man

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I think I've watched a total of one Spiderman movie

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Who What Now posted:

Harry literally cannot finish a scene without just eating absolute poo poo in one way or another. This movie is genius.

Lol Norman constantly clowning on Harry in 1 owned

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
agreed OP, thanks

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Why haven't they made a spiderman with that rhinoceraus guy as the main villain yet? There's so much potential for making puns about being horny while doing crimes.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
A Spider-Man movie but it’s literally just Click with Adam Sandler in a Spider-Man suit, no other differences

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Call Your Grandma posted:

Why haven't they made a spiderman with that rhinoceraus guy as the main villain yet? There's so much potential for making puns about being horny while doing crimes.

He's just about the worst villain in all of marvel is why

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
Why was wrestling real in that universe? Peter Parker goes to the cage match and theres a guy suffering from actual horrible injuries being carted out.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

unknown butthole posted:

Why was wrestling real in that universe? Peter Parker goes to the cage match and theres a guy suffering from actual horrible injuries being carted out.

Because that universe is cool as hell that's why

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

unknown butthole posted:

I know it's all staged but pro wrestlers routinely go through serious injuries.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

unknown butthole posted:

Was it Rifftrax that points out Peter engages in out of character gay baiting of Bonesaw?

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I tried to to the upside down kiss to a girl i like and now i have a restraining order thanks SAM!

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Was it Rifftrax that points out Peter engages in out of character gay baiting of Bonesaw?

naem
May 29, 2011

I agree with the premise of this thread

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Raimi's Spiderman 2 and Into the Spiderverse are the high-water marks for superhero movies

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i normally dont like melodrama much but the scene where spiderman stops the train and gets unmasked makes me tear up a little

also doc oc turning the surgery room in to an evil dead movie. touching and emotional i cry every time

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I named my cat Bonesaw op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hell astro course posted:

i only like the shouty newspaper guy and he was so good they kept him around even though they made his hair worse in the new ones.

iirc when venom comes to rough him up to find out where peter is jj says he doesnt know because peter sends the photos in the mail. respect