Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Best series ending?

I don't mean "Best Finale" though a really solid finale absolutely helps. Like, what TV show just *nailed* it for you at the end? I've got:

Breaking Bad: Ended where it began

The Good Place: Ugly cry version of your mom explaining why she left daddy to join a Buddhist cloister

Continuum: What is old is new is new again? Oh yeah, loop it!

Mad Men: Same as Breaking Bad but without the finality

Babylon 5: As a child, I cried at Marcus in stasis. As a man I just bawl uncontrollably after "Sun's coming up!"

12 Monkeys: Here we go loopy-loo here we go time loopty-lie . . .

The Simpsons: <placeholder>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Without giving spoilers, the ending of The Americans was both unsettling and completely appropriate. Absolutely loved the series and they nailed the conclusion.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dinosaurs wins

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Big Bang Theory, Sheldon speech, so touching

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Brrrmph posted:

Without giving spoilers, the ending of The Americans was both unsettling and completely appropriate. Absolutely loved the series and they nailed the conclusion.

Good call man, good call.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Lost

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Sopranos cause journey fuckin RAWKS

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Six Feet Under. Don't feel like crying? Too loving bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD6Y7d4hIW4

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sid Vicious posted:

Big Bang Theory, Sheldon speech, so touching

I know some things just aren't for me, but it clouds me to the point I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I know some things just aren't for me, but it clouds me to the point I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Sid Viscous is a known serious poster, so please assume it is serious. As befits his status.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
This is tough for me because almost every show has run past the end of its course by the time they wrap it up and you're so done with the show it just doesn't feel great, ya know?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Eastbound & Down

e]

https://youtu.be/A2lrqKPa83g

If that had been the actual canon ending and not just his book it would have been the best thing ever put on tv.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 10, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

:hmmyes:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

bang bus, the bus gets repoed and they have to dick down the tow operator. they dont get the bus back but realize the actual bang bus was the women they exploited along the way

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

mars attacks

while it wasnt really an ending unto itself, it proposed a very badass way for cspan to wrap up

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Game of Thrones because I never watched it and the aftermath was absolutely worthwhile.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

the dodge spirit

the last of the k car series, my friend had one in 2005 and it was a triumph of lovely american cars and a delight to do soft drugs in

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Deep Space Nine

also I thought it was pretty wild the way Friends ended with the 9/11 attack occurring in the final moments of the show's finale.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

1996 world series

the real ending to this is coming up this month when series mvp john wetteland goes on trial for loving kids

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Vitruvian Manic posted:

Sid Viscous is a known serious poster, so please assume it is serious. As befits his status.

I've had 2 different people I previously respected go on a rant about how the show gets unfairly ripped on :(

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i didnt watch the big bang theory lmao

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The Great American Series

Nothing says gently caress You to your bitch of an exwife like sending her alimony payments with postage paid for by this sexy motherfucker

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 10, 2022

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

I've had 2 different people I previously respected go on a rant about how the show gets unfairly ripped on :(

What is the common element between those people?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Coworkers/bringing it up unprompted (this was years back)

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Coworkers/bringing it up unprompted (this was years back)

That's convenient.

The real common element in all these interactions

is

YOU!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's Newhart, OP.

Bob gets hit in the head with a golf ball and gets knocked out. He wakes up to find out that the entire series was a dream and he's still married to his wife from the Bob Newhart show. I mean, he wakes up next to her in the bed/set from the original show.

There will probably never be a series finale as good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McVWkGWMHKI&t=399s

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
If you mean ending in books, then none tops Lloyd Alexander's The High King. It might seem silly because they are young adult books, but it really is the perfect bittersweet ending.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Vitruvian Manic posted:

That's convenient.

The real common element in all these interactions

is

YOU!

I don't appreciate how hard a burn this was. They both totally thought I'd be sympathetic.

Waltzing Along posted:

It's Newhart, OP.

Bob gets hit in the head with a golf ball and gets knocked out. He wakes up to find out that the entire series was a dream and he's still married to his wife from the Bob Newhart show. I mean, he wakes up next to her in the bed/set from the original show.

There will probably never be a series finale as good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McVWkGWMHKI&t=399s

This was legendary.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Weekends with Maury and Connie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiMvXCp2Qvo

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

I don't appreciate how hard a burn this was. They both totally thought I'd be sympathetic.

I'm sorry. I can honestly say I've only been "there" once but holy poo poo was it uncomfortable.

It wasn't even a professional environment, I'm just a coward. I just nodding along like a hostage. I didn't even motion for the bartender to get me my bill. That's a lie, I had no bill, I had paid with cash. I didn't get up or move because I hoped this lunatic would buy me a beer.

He didn't. I debased myself for nothing.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Bojack Horseman makes good on the series themes about what it means to be a good person and does right by all of its characters.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Justified had the best series ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ms1BpTFYN4

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Deep Space 9

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
David The Gnome. Go look it up. :)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The shieldq

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Garak and Julian never even kissed, bullshit

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bad Purchase posted:

Deep Space Nine

also I thought it was pretty wild the way Friends ended with the 9/11 attack occurring in the final moments of the show's finale.

I agree with DS9. I thought Friends was finished by the time 9/11 happened.

Also, Justice League Unlimited. Seriously underrated, better than Batman TAS.

Christ, I'm loving old.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
It’s The Shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
The Leftovers has my favorite though people saying The Shield aren’t wrong.