Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

The Matrix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Flight of the Navigator

adventure! special effects! zoom! compliance!

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Reiche posted:

I must have watched Homeward Bound over hundred times when I was little. I even knew how to work the laserdisc player by the age of 3 in order to watch it on my own. Homeward Bound 2 was pretty good too

Brave Little Toaster was absolutely the first movie I can remember that made me feel things I couldn’t properly process at a young age. I haven’t seen it in over 20 years and so much of it is still perfectly visible in my mind.

Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland was radder than gently caress and there a was kid in my kindergarten class named Nemo and I thought he was the coolest. I told him about the movie and he came over to watch it and thought it was awesome too! We were best friends until he moved away at the end of the year… drat I haven’t thought about that in years. Hope you’ve lived a cool life since then Nemo!

Brave little toaster made me the overly sentimental adult i am today

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
No one else liked Willow? Just me?

Also, Neverending Story, that Addams Family movie, and I wonder if that 5 part intro to the Ducktales series counts...

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

The first Land Before Time and Brave Little Toaster.

For some reason I'm really fatalistic and refuse to throw away working appliances because everything has worth on this doomed Earth.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Hobologist posted:

No one else liked Willow? Just me?

Also, Neverending Story, that Addams Family movie, and I wonder if that 5 part intro to the Ducktales series counts...

Oh poo poo yeah The Neverending Story. Of course! That's the childhood movie for people my age.

Somehow I missed Willow growing up. I might have seen it but it just didn't seep in. Krull on the other hand, most definitely did.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Breetai posted:

Gremlins is the answer. If you want an ultimately harmless movie that will make your kid feel like they're daringly watching something forbidden and weird that's the ticket.

I watched Big Trouble in Little China so much when I was a kid that the last time I hired the tape my mum yelled at me and made me take it back to exchange it.

theres an entire scene about how Santa isnt real so its actually not at all good for kids unless youre good at fast forwarding in time

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

There was a movie called Hello Down There I loved as a little kid. It was probably pretty bad. It was about a family that lived in a house underwater. The kids were in a band together and when they played dolphins and deals would clap along. To little me that all seemed amazing

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
*batteries not included

I don't know how a movie about old people trying not to be evicted appealed to me.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010
Gremlins 2, The Thing and Return of the Jedi were my favorites :)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Labyrinth, starring David "Package" Bowie.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

The Bloop posted:

Flight of the Navigator

adventure! special effects! zoom! compliance!

How could I forget this? That and D.A.R.Y.L. were my jam.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

*batteries not included

I don't know how a movie about old people trying not to be evicted appealed to me.

Because it was the sweetest. Loved that film too as a kid.

Back to the future too.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Came here to support Willow, Batteries not Included and of course Short Circuit

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I still can't believe that was fuckin Fisher Stevens

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Mantle posted:

Came here to support Willow, Batteries not Included and of course Short Circuit

Short circuit is a reeeeal uncomfortable rewatch.

The brownface character is ghastly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
The Explorers

Airborne

Big Trouble In Little China

Prayer of the Rollerboys

edit: my childhood included a collection of vhs tapes that I had no control over