Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Man it takes a lot for a ref to get benched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/1482826974905004033

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I've never been able to find an answer for this- if a team wins the coin toss in OT and constructs a majestic, 10-minute drive resulting in no points, what then? Does the other team still get a chance to possess? Is it an... untimed possession at that point?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fifty Three posted:

I've never been able to find an answer for this- if a team wins the coin toss in OT and constructs a majestic, 10-minute drive resulting in no points, what then? Does the other team still get a chance to possess? Is it an... untimed possession at that point?

Regular season? Ends in a tie.

Playoffs? 2nd OT.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I believe you, but where is that codified? I couldn't find a specific rule or priority for it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fifty Three posted:

I believe you, but where is that codified? I couldn't find a specific rule or priority for it.

Rule 16.4.a

ARTICLE 4. OVERTIME IN REGULAR SEASON. The following shall apply to overtime games in the regular season.
(a) There shall be a maximum of one 10-minute period, even if the second team has not had an opportunity to possess the ball or if its initial possession has not ended. If the score is tied at the end of the period, the game shall result in a tie.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'm blind. :(

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Grittybeard posted:

This guy was an FCS coach last year!

His team won their first game! ...and then won one for the rest of the season I think. He quit or was forced to quit after one year.

https://twitter.com/coachkelley1/status/1467196189493940231

Their average margin of loss in conference was 27.5 points.

yeah turns out when you don't have insane boosters and a massive, massive talent advantage you can't be a 9 year old playing madden, lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

boop the snoot posted:

lol cowboys

quote this post when it's relevant. it will be soon.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dak has his Tony Romo botched snap moment now. It’s a Dallas tradition.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
N: lol cowboys

V: LMAO cowboys

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Niners we're 3-5 and just took out the cowboys in a road playoff game :)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Spoeank posted:

The Niners we're 3-5 and just took out the cowboys in a road playoff game :)

You better win next week.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You better win next week.

It's house money, they will probably lose

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
News: media, everyone and their dog immediately hop on the 49ers bandwagon sensing Cowboys to be poo poo frauds

Views: correct

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The 7th team in the AFC playoffs should play the 7th team in the NFC playoffs and then the winner should be sent home for wasting our time

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

The 7th team in the AFC playoffs should play the 7th team in the NFC playoffs and then the winner should be sent home for wasting our time

The winner gets a compensatory 2nd round pick.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The winner gets to swap one player of their choice with teh loser. this way, decent teams can become contenders, and mediocre teams get what they deserve

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The worst blowout was from the 6 seed

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I continue to be blown away by that Cowboys ending

The referees are going to be an offseason narrative aren't they, between the Boys game and Boger

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I dunno if anyone who’s not a huge cowboy homer blames the refs for the end of that one

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

The worst blowout was from the 6 seed

post scam

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

wyoak posted:

I dunno if anyone who’s not a huge cowboy homer blames the refs for the end of that one

https://twitter.com/jadande/status/1482881763093397505

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the umpire had to push the qb out of the way and still got there within 1 second of the ball being placed by players even though they knew the umpire stands behind the offense in the nfl and players placing the ball is not faster. they actively impeded him due to making a massive mistake that they created by making a massive mistake seconds before that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUrwGNDOybk

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just don't have the energy to give a poo poo about that. There are so many more things to be irritated with that aren't the refs, and this is coming from "gently caress all refs to death" Shinjobi.

Don't put your team in that situation and it won't come down to a ref tripping. Don't run a draw without any timeouts and 14 seconds left. Don't force balls to your #4 WR. Throw better. Catch balls. Stop holding, don't grab a dude's face mask, all things I would probably put on top of "fuckin ref didn't get to his spot in time."

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

I just don't have the energy to give a poo poo about that. There are so many more things to be irritated with that aren't the refs, and this is coming from "gently caress all refs to death" Shinjobi.

Don't put your team in that situation and it won't come down to a ref tripping. Don't run a draw without any timeouts and 14 seconds left. Don't force balls to your #4 WR. Throw better. Catch balls. Stop holding, don't grab a dude's face mask, all things I would probably put on top of "fuckin ref didn't get to his spot in time."

yup. don't let the game come down to one play. there are a hundred plays prior that let you do that.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It still comes down to me to 2 chances at a deep shot to your big fast receivers or a risky run and 1 deep shot to your big fast receivers. In no way seems wise to call that run.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Running up the middle with no time on the clock is a stupid loving call and Jerry Jones is within his rights to have Mike McCarthy skinned alive and shot out of a cannon, and I'm not even a Dallas fan. There's a reason this guy was run out of Green Bay, albeit years too late.

Like, I don't even care if Dak called it, it was absolutely bone-headed and it comes down to coaching. That's a winnable game down the toilet. McCarthy also sounded like an idiot in the press conference.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
Maybe don't have like 5 neutral zone infractions in your own building before that and you don't have to run a 40-second 90-yard drive to win.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The refs loving up the 4th down spot added like 6-7 seconds to the game so cry about it Cowbailures

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yeah, the play clock only gets reset to 25 after a review, so the refs gave the Cowboys 15 extra seconds there.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The ref half knocking the QB over to set the ball LOOKS bad given that it happens as time expires during a critical game.
That's what it is.
It looks bad.

It could have been avoided by a myriad of different choices by Dallas. Handing the ball off to the official, being more aware of lining up to allow access to it...y'know not running that stupid rear end play.... that kinda thing.

It LOOKS bad for the ref to run that far in and then almost knock the player over and so that's what people will focus on. It'll be dumb to listen to.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Granted a had a lot of wine in my system by the time the night game was starting it seemed like the narrative was about needing a minimum 16 seconds and the cowboys only had 14. At least the NBC broadcast seemed to be 100% blaming the Cowboys.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Dallas fans think they got screwed and I am cool with that. Hell, I’ll even help them believe it because they’re still eliminated either way.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tom Brady got his 35th playoff win yesterday.

Montana is 2nd all time with 16.

The franchises with more are the Patriots (37), Steelers (36) and Packers (36).

Gonna pass 'em all this year.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

The ref half knocking the QB over to set the ball LOOKS bad given that it happens as time expires during a critical game.
That's what it is.
It looks bad.

Yep, was watching the ending with a bunch of other folks at a bar in Green Bay. We were all cheering for the Boys to lose but the entire bar was half consterned/half laughing at the referee stumbling over the Cowboys OL only to wave their arms and go "Game's over!"

It didn't just look bad. It looked incredibly bad and it'll be talked about for a long time, lol.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

sweet thursday posted:

lmao

I do kind of want the NFL to somehow codify some Chaos Rule where if both teams play so terribly then neither advances

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

We must find the remaining 9% and show them the light.

https://twitter.com/MorningConsult/status/1482774903359082504

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Polygynous posted:

lmao

I do kind of want the NFL to somehow codify some Chaos Rule where if both teams play so terribly then neither advances

They should have overtime rules in the playoffs work the same way in the regular season but if the game results in a tie both teams get eliminated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We must find the remaining 9% and show them the light.

https://twitter.com/MorningConsult/status/1482774903359082504

91% of "Poor" households have a vague inkling in the lizard part of their brain that Tom Brady exists.