Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Herbert’s first start last year when Tyrod got hurt went from “Oh God, he has to go toe to toe with Mahomes! :stonk:” to “Oh hell yeah, this is awesome” real quick once he was playing, but absolutely nobody expected him to be as good as he has been as quickly as it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kyle boller would have been a kirk cousins if he'd had weapons. simple as

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ok then Goon info is worthless because I obviously didn’t see a single second of 2019 Oregon football. I just saw the college stats, which look good, and posted earlier this year “wow it’s amazing how Herbert might be the best QB out of the 2020 draft and everyone was all over Burrow and Tua after no one really thought he’d be good even with good stats” and goons were all “lol idiot Herbert was not overlooked he was one of the consensus best QBs in the class!”

He was a good prospect because he had respectable stats and amazing physical ability. The question was whether he could fix the issues that he had in college. He was highly touted pretty much every pre-season because of his physical ability. Statistically he was nowhere near Tua or Burrow.

Herbert was at worst the 3rd best prospect in the class and also underwhelmed in college.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 10, 2022

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
I'm not a chargers fan but I'm sad Herbert isn't in the playoffs.

Incredible game last night.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1480578583835910145?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Only 30M over? Time to pay Baker. Oh wait that’s under? Time to pay Baker

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Only 30M over? Time to pay Baker. Oh wait that’s under? Time to pay Baker

That’s under. They only have $32m in cap room.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Saints are still gonna somehow figure out how to pay Jimmy G or Russel Wilson.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Watch as Loomis works his magic by the cap deadline and everyone will once again go "how does he do this?"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Save this for 10 weeks from now when Loomis has somehow given the Saints $19 million in cap space.

Edit: Sniped by Nodoze :argh:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
lol cowboys

quote this post when it's relevant. it will be soon.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Over/Under on amount of times The Catch is mentioned during the broadcast. 5.5

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
My favorite part is that Drew Brees will count $11.5m against the cap next year.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Over by double.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's hard to call it cap magic when you're $70m over the cap and just went into a season with famous Jameis at QB, cut all your depth and missed the playoffs because you were starting fans at half your skill positions.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/thesarahyork/status/1480377415809576962

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

hard over

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

fartknocker posted:

What if he gets slimed? Or has a cheeseburger hat?

I'll allow it

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

It's hard to call it cap magic when you're $70m over the cap and just went into a season with famous Jameis at QB, cut all your depth and missed the playoffs because you were starting fans at half your skill positions.

Their starting QB went down, the backup QB was out for half their games, their 1WR missed the whole season with injury, half the roster caught Covid at the same time, and their offensive line was a mash unit and they still just barely missed the playoffs.

They’re about as beat up as the Ravens and have pretty much the same record.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jan 10, 2022

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

or they're outright stuck in the 90's

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's currently about 1:00 p.m. on day one of the work week and I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm just not going to get loving anything done for the next 5 days.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

:stare:
https://twitter.com/1PantherPlace/status/1480604382681083905

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A man with a huge regret.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Nov 6, 2002

Matt Rhule looks and sounds like his brain has been loving fried.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I like the office style shaky cam zoom in at the end.

Nov 6, 2002

Has no one bothered to ask him that question all season? Cause he seemed totally unprepared.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A bunch of people in a certain other goon football conversation place have insinuated that Joe Burrow is going to get tested positive for Rona this week. That is not going to happen. It isn't.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

A bunch of people in a certain other goon football conversation place have insinuated that Joe Burrow is going to get tested positive for Rona this week. That is not going to happen. It isn't.

What is there twitter gossip over this or something?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Nosre posted:

Hard to imagine that after the steely-eyed lasers on like six straight 4th and 10s last night

Not that you're wrong, just, wow, what a turnaround.

he legit looks like a totally different dude, as a Duck when pressured he would flail around and just blast the ball out towards where he thought a receiver might be. i was pretty sure he was going to be Rex Grossman

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What is there twitter gossip over this or something?

I wouldn't worry about it because, like I said, They are extremely wrong.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The bloodletting has begun!

Flores gone!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1480547317967204365

Nagy gone!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1480544508026707974

Zimmerman and Spielman gone!

https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1480544311871623171

Gettleman gone!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1480595389065699330

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I was gonna root for the Raiders because of Madden, but they did two things last night that are unforgivable: they avoided a tie and they let the Steelers in the playoffs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He was a good prospect because he had respectable stats and amazing physical ability. The question was whether he could fix the issues that he had in college. He was highly touted pretty much every pre-season because of his physical ability. Statistically he was nowhere near Tua or Burrow.

Herbert was at worst the 3rd best prospect in the class and also underwhelmed in college.

One of these players was throwing to Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase. Another was throwing to Jalen Waddle and Jerry Jeudy. The third was throwing to CJ Verdell and Mycah Pittman.

Not saying Herbert didn't have issues in college, but added to those issues was zero talent around him and an insanely conservative coach and game plan

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Throwing to Jamarr Chase seems like it owns and more quarterbacks should put themselves in a situation where they get to do that in my opinion.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ty. your website was always good

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

img-timeline

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

One of these players was throwing to Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase. Another was throwing to Jalen Waddle and Jerry Jeudy. The third was throwing to CJ Verdell and Mycah Pittman.

Not saying Herbert didn't have issues in college, but added to those issues was zero talent around him and an insanely conservative coach and game plan

Is Mycah Pittman bad? He transferred to FSU.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

a neat cape posted:

This is balanced out by the fact that Herbert was facing Pac-12 defenses and not SEC defenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

Is Mycah Pittman bad? He transferred to FSU.

He's not Jeudy or Chase or Jefferson or Waddle