Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It's a demon feast folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MrMojok posted:

A little bit of Alex goes a long way, so I'm using a couple of reddit threads to selectively pick from peoples' "Best Of" lists.

Right now it's #404, Alex Goes to CPAC, and it's incredible to hear him bellowing onstage (and from offstage while other people are speaking), just progressively drunker and drunker.

"We're having a good time tonight in defiance of their tyranny, it's amazing"

#609. What a bonkers ep.

I want Its A Demon Feast as my cell ring

E: I really enjoyed that ep where that old conspiracist was talking about a black van following him and Jones just gave up

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Antigravitas posted:

I need to find that episode again where he plays Rammstein – Amerika in the background. It really drives home that it is all aesthetic, no substance.

I love when Jones was just spoken wording thru You Belong To The City

You do belong to the city, the Clinton Gates city

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Yeah... okay, I just watched 609 and it is a total banger.

We've got Alex talking about how he almost did turn evil. About how he loved to smash people's heads in, how he loved strangling people, but he doesn't any more, because he was saved.

He talks about how, your phone? Your Android phone? That's actually the mind of a computer, the mind of an android, that is controlled by "Ol' Scratch" --- SATAN! And is bent on controlling you, and controlling the world.

Lapsing into the metaphorical speech he does SO well, he talks about imagine that he's coming after you, with a hatchet in each hand, he talks about ten-trillion pound gorillas, ninety-seven trillion pound gorillas that shoot rainbows out of their asses.

We learn how all these WHO personnel and others are resigning because we've learned about 6.6 billion shots, special order 666, and other such nefarious plots. We learn he has two family members of his family, that are dying due to the 666 injections. One should be dead in a week, the other in two weeks.

Then, as he is ranting about how "high-level folks" had reached out to him about possibly apologizing, in return for them making him "bigger than you've ever been", he goes into the Ned Beatty monologue from the movie Network, only here it's the globalists who made him this offer, and the Ned Beatty monologue is directed at him.

This prompts what passes for his crew to play some cheesy 90s muzak, in an effort to play him off to break because he's totally out of control.

And all this, before the one hour mark.

Later on, he taps on the desk to emulate the sounds of the hooves of the Pale Horse, with Death riding on him, etc. It is absolutely amazing.

"It's a demon feast, folks"

Haha love the recap

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dan is too good of a person to get into it but I am intensely curious about the brawl Alex had with his second wife on Xmas eve. What was that about?

The funniest things about Alex is stuff Dan is too decent to get into. Like the transcripts that came out of Alex flipping out and taking his shirt off when in marital counseling with his first wife

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

But considering the job they've done (looking at you Brian Stelter) its been inept enough to actually leave Jones in a better place.

He needs to be ignored by orgs that can't do the work.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Listening to episode o the first Rogan ep and it's ludicrous how positive and optimistic Dan is

"I think this stuff is gonna reverse."

His liberalism/centralism is glaring. He's def changed over the years (aged)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Grondoth posted:

The conservative media sphere drives people in it completely insane. My Dad recently just came around to this, he was telling my mom about how Russians were pushing the anti-mask stuff. Nothing kicks a boomer awake more than The Ruskies actually being a threat it seems.

But I donno how to deal with this stuff. There's always been a deeply insane group of people in American politics, and honestly in humanity in general. Everywhere is influenced by complete madmen who believe bizarre things, and who will gladly believe those things over much easier, more explanatory, and more sane things. It's not the majority, it never has been and hopefully never will be, but that doesn't stop their influence. MTG is disgusting, stupid, lovely, bizarre, and embarrassing. But she is an honest to god representation of people in america, just like every other disgusting, stupid, lovely, bizarre and embarrassing politician ever has been.

I don't see a MTG presidency without a sundering, she's genuinely repellant to normal people who do exist in large numbers still. Any event related to Ukraine around you will see normal people out in force, taking the obvious side and obvious actions that you'd expect. But she's where the internet conservative is at the moment, batshit crazy and unfit for any sort of power.

Honestly turning off news media helps. It certainly is helping me out and it makes the constant waves of propaganda roiling thru the entire industry much more apparent

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Was trying to find the episode when Alex Jones was muttering to Glenn Frye's You Belong to the City, still need help with that, but lol found this:

https://hearthis.at/danarchy/city-kf/

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jordan kind of wears on me sometimes, he's so eager to talk talk talk but he's never been funnier than when he's yelling and cheering for Ayers in that debate ep. In fact he stopped doing the yelling in the background thing in recent eps, or is just me. Either way very funny bit.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Alex has lost his Dr. Marbles

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I did a Google search of Kelly Jones and to all those MRA fucks who think the courts favor women, Alex Jones kids still live with him after his DUIs and general batshittery. Getting sole custody is nigh impossible

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Me and David Knight?! Come on!!!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

jase1 posted:

Sometimes I just want Jordan to shut up so Dan can get his point out. I love this podcast and I started from the first episode. Jordan is starting to get on my nerves. Does he tone it down at all? I really like when he steps back from the mic and howls but other than that he is quite annoying.

Lol I was just thinking about that. Yeah if I quit the podcast its because Jordan isn't as funny as he thinks he is, and he steps in with a crummy joke or uninteresting observation way too often.

Dan is the funniest and most thorough guy ever tho so I'll probably hang in there. Listening to podcasts like Last House on the Left, it does make you realize there are funnier, more intellectually interesting and invested podcasters out there. But what can you do. Knowledge Fight is pound for pound covering the most batshit stuff out there.

e: I do feel Jordan backs off the mic as the years go by tho, to the point Dan just tells him to "mic down" a bunch every ep.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

If anyone's looking for a nadir of Jordan's contribution to the show take a listen to episode 125. I put that on since I'm loving the Camelot episodes and Joedan took it as his mission to be as interuptive and unfunny as possible, to the point that he actively sabotaged Dan's revelation that one of Camelot's guests contributed to the Heavens Gate suicides and ensuing righteous anger that the episode ended with Dan sighing and Jordan yelling about how bad Jesus was.

What is wrong with this dude? That was embarrassing.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 9, 2022

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Looks like a lawyer who offer results now!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

When it came up before in the interviews the lawyer said that Infowars/Alex set up a bunch of holding companies incorrectly and that the court threw a lot of them out/bundled them up as just alter egos of Alex. So hopefully that throws a monkey wrench in plans to write things off too.

My perspective is, if Jim Bakker can come back, so can anyone.

They both an essentially unlimited resource of rubes

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

ILL Machina posted:

It comes in at the end. I don't think the plaintiffs care as much about the damages as much as shaming Jones publicly. The OA guy sounds like he wouldn't be interested in triggering the defense, or realizes that approach is usually less fruitful. They brought up so many good criticisms of how Mark could have pinned down better information. I was surprised to hear that a 4hr depo that they agreed to was short by half.

I think party of Mark's approach was to do a bit of gishgallop of his own, especially since HBO cameras were present and Alex agreed to allow it to be public.

Can't argue with results tho. Alex absolutely got his rear end kicked, even if it was mostly an own goal

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Froghammer posted:

My favorite is the time when he saw The Green Knight and liked it a whole bunch so he started he started talking about how "The Arthurian Model of Chivalry" was the secret backbone of European culture

It's pretty obvious that Alex would only have been happy if his actual job was being the voice on a Roland Emmerich disaster trailer.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

#234 Dan goes on a rant for a few minutes about how he hates the movie Elf. And I am all in for it

I think for the pure randomness and unexpectedness it's my favorite podcast.

I was listening to the last episode on Endgame and Dan just out of nowhere going into a 10 min narration about absurdist journalists from the UK was a loving joy. He really is the perfect podcaster.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Aw man, I had it look it up because of this post.

Its “fun” that it could have been anything from a school shooting to a new war. Dan Harmon was right about the darkest timeline.

No wonder Sweary Kerry and her ilk choose to live in a fantasy.

It's a bummer that Project Camelot got increasingly more similar to Alex Jones as time went on.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Honestly think Jordan is incredibly unintelligent but he sure does love talking!

E: listening to ep 212 and him just misconstruing Kerry talking about her being psychic and then saying Kerry shouldn't spy on psychic people bc he thought Kerry was talking about OTHER people being psychic is what made me post this. He's so busy moving his mouth he doesn't pick up what ppl are actually saying. Dunno if it's because of an inability or some overcompensating for something but it's pretty noticeable.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 4, 2022

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

I don't think he's dumb, but he misunderstands things a lot and is very confident in knowing things that he does not know. He has a tendency to hear part of a thing then just kind of go off making up the rest. Which is fun considering the guy they're doing a show about.

He does it less now than in the early episodes though, Dan's gradually rubbed off on him.

I just wish I had a little bit of that misplaced confidence. I'm hesitant to say something even when I know I'm right lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Froghammer posted:

Re: Jones being capable of being reasoned with

I bit the bullet and went back to listen to all of KF from the beginning, and for the first hundred or so episodes there's a lot of discussion about Alex's motivations. Whether or not he has shadow backers, where he falls on the stupid vs. evil spectrum, whether or not there's physical and / or mental trauma in his past that is manifesting in his worldviews and thought patterns (spoiler: yes to both), whether or not he's capable of being reached by logic or reason, and whether or not he's aware of the real, tangible, measurable harm his broadcasts have done and are continuing to do to people. Jordan eventually comes to the conclusion that none of that actually mattering, because what's important is that he isn't stopping. He has (or had, before the current lawsuit chicanery) enough money that he could shut down his operation and live comfortably with his family for the rest of his life. instead he does his dumb radio show six days a week. Instead he chooses to work.

It's definitely a trip listening to Dan in 2018 passionately declaring his concern over Alex's mental state. Lol 4 years later and this guy will never stop or fully crash.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Grondoth posted:

It's really remarkable. He is out of control, he is self-destructive, he is indulging in his worst instincts, he is basically on a years long breakdown. But figures that find him useful keep it going, so he just gets worse and worse and worse without ever hitting bottom because there's always someone there to dig more.

a veritable asymptote of self destruction

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

How many times has Alex said on air that the staff thinks he does cocaine? Like 10 times?

E: truly the drug of assholes

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Marsupial Ape posted:

Even if the Major is a stone cold kook who just happens to still have empathy, it's very appropriate that we're here generating conspiracy theories about him. This is how this poo poo happens organically.

Doesn't sound as cool as The DUTCHMAN

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I just listened to the LIONEL episode and what a loving delight. That Gypsy King theme song is stuck in my head and I love it. He's just such an example of self important 80s crank yelling about backpacks (before he went fash).

Anyone have a link to the video Dan mentioned o f Lionel yelling thru a megaphone as the song plays PLEASE

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MrMojok posted:

I don’t know if “New Atlantis” is an old riff of AJ’s or what, but this is uhhh… yeah.

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1550654636582895616?s=21&t=bl7LBCOkc2Ph971QV1fERQ

Dude loves talking about Atlantis and mixing it with barely remembered old sci fi novels

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Man who knew my latest disillusionment would be about the Doom books I read as a kid

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

red19fire posted:

Listening to Alex claim to be the leader of the spiritual infowarrior army or whatever in todays episode, I’m reminded of that time Alex had a chance to grab a bullhorn and lead his followers into glorious battle against the globalists and… begged them all to settle down, leave the Capitol and reassemble peacefully in the parking lot.

I'm listening to the CPAC episode (hilarious) and Alex really is at his weakest and least certain when dealing with even more right-wing elements.

Like at some level all he wants to do is sell supplements and these crazy fucks wanna burn down the world.

How did the Nick Fuentes thing shake out anyway? I remember Dan saying in 2019 that he posed a serious threat to Alex's userbase.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

In my listening to catch up to the back catalog I just got to the Lionel epsiode and it's amazing.

Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel LIONEL

E: why are shoes so hard to tie?!

Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel LIONEL

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Listening to episode 476 with Howard Huges Unexplained host. He's awesome. Anymore KF eps that include him?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

teen witch posted:

I haven’t laughed this hard in a very long time. Like this is absolute batshit narc-out, you could make a whole new technocrat bit from it.

CRANK IT UP

E: it’s beautiful. oh my god

https://www.reddit.com/r/KnowledgeF...utm_name=iossmf

looks like a broken link

e: Found this instead: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DTf7MUJERld0xAV8s6BWtX9Nz7pERJUI/view

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Doesn't Jones make millions of dollars per day, based on the court filings? And what is the actual efficacy of getting that money anyways? There's been a couple of Jones guests that have been covered by the pod who also owe astronomical amounts, and are still puttering around, seemingly unencumbered.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Wow that's it? I thought Jones was richer aka a hundred millionaire.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

KitConstantine posted:

This. Also depositions aren't held in court, they're essentially interviews done prior to trial for fact finding or (more frequently) confirmation of information provided in discovery

One thing to remember is that the depositions in this case are WAY more interesting (read: insane) than normal ones. Typically you get a bunch of yes or no answers, maybe a few sentence long explanations tops.

they can still get pretty insane tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbqAMEwtOE

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah its mens rea and some sort of action qualifying as a predicate for the crime. So intention + the act of pursuing an element of a conspiracy = conviction.

Doesn't really matter if anyone else was a part of it, or depending on the predicate conspiracy charge, whether the act the conspiracy was undertaken for actually occurred.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Larry Nichols talking about that van is still the high point of comedy for me for this podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

coming closer to the current day in my far from comprehensive listen. Didn't seem to find anything about Alex dealing with Steward Rhodes going to jail, or just any sort of consequences that happen to the guests that are on his show. He just seems to ignore them? Am I right, or am i missing any particular episodes here?