Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I always worry about Dan having to listen to so much Alex Jones; there are just episodes where I am exhausted from hearing some of the poo poo Alex says, and that's from a curated version of what the episodes are actually like.

I've definitely built up a tolerance to some of the toxicity Alex produces, but it can still be a lot at times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
So, uh, today's episode is over 4 hours(!) long, and covers Alex's Sandy Hook deposition

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

teen witch posted:

Weirdly off topic, but kinda? Idk: is there a KF or BtB type show for Joe Rogan?

Outside of KF/BtB, the only other podcast I know of that's focused on a particular rear end in a top hat is Tuckered Out, which is a Tucker Carlson deep dive podcast (obvs). I don't really listen to it very often though, because I can't stand listening to Carlson for more than a few seconds at a time

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

I wish the Knowledge Fight guys would do an episode on that time last year when Alex Jones showed up as the guest of honor on that groady alt-right comic book nerd Friday night panel show. Because it very quickly went wildly, hilariously off script and Jones just started doing an impromptu InfoWars show for a live audience of 8 other bobblehead chuds, and it got so bad that Jeremy "The Quatering" Hambly, the avatar of zero self-awarness, of all people, just up and bailed on the show about 20 minutes into Jones's segment because he alone realized it was a bad look to be seen with Alex Jones mid-Alex Jones-caliber deranged meltdown.

Sadly, they're not going to do it because when asked about it by Lance of The Serfs (another great show that comes at e-shitheads like Jones on a daily basis) they basically said they don't really care what z-tier dumpster hovel Jones dives into to try and garner YouTube facetime with by hook or by crook. And I kind of think that's a mistake on their part, because 1) that stream is a goldmine of hilarious content, and 2) people like Hambly, and stream host Gary Buechler, and regular hangers-on Jeremy Grigs and Ryan Kinnel are basically all different flavors of "Alex Jones, But For Nerds" and seeing Dan and Jordan using their Jones-dissecting skills on them would be incredibly cathartic.

The interview in question, if anyone wants to watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkkYnmsWFa0

I think Dan commented on it in an episode of KF around the time it happened and said that he tried to watched it and was too bored to finish it. If anything else comes that's related to it, then I can see him coming back to it, but he wrote it off pretty quickly.

And in other news:

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1488173859589300227
https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1488188751729901570

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Also, episodes of shows that they guest on (such as QAnon Anonymous, Behind the Bastards, Cognitive Dissonance, Opening Arguments) are good to listen to for recaps of recent-at-the-time-of-recording events as they explain what's happening in the world of Jones to people not quite as in the know as Dan is. Andrew Torrez of OA was also a recent guest on KF (episode 630) when Jordan was on vacation at the end of last year.

And if you want to hear Dan and Jordan do stuff not related to Jones, they're occasionally guests on God Awful Movies, a movie podcast focused on making fun of Christian and religious cinema (episodes 293, 305, and 330)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tree Dude posted:

They are some of my favorite GAM guests. The scathing guys sometimes seem a bit too much like they're reading from a script for an entire show (drink every time they say "I wrote in my notes...“) but JorDan brings a lot to each episode and forces them to be a little more casual and in the moment.

Oh for sure. The Scathing Atheist and GAM were some of the first podcasts I listened to regularly for years, but like a couple of years ago I got tired of their schtick and stopped listening to everything they do regularly except the Skepticrat (which I turn off in a heartbeat whenever Heath throws out his "you should have voted for Hillary" line) and Citation Needed (which I still listen to regularly because of the CogDis guys).

The JorDan episodes did bring me back to GAM as an occasional listener, though. I'm just very picky about the movie/guest now

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

0konner posted:

CNN’s doing an hour special on Jones this Sunday hope his rebuttal is good content.

Apparently it's a repeat from a couple of months ago? I was trying to look it up to confirm, but CNN's site sucks for checking their TV schedule

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
So between Greg Abbot's announcement about trans kids and this, I imagine Friday's episode is just going to be full of transphobic poo poo from Alex:

https://twitter.com/AriDrennen/status/1496595345769320451

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, between Ukraine, Putin, MTG, and Abbot, if they stick to the present, Friday's episode will be hell to listen to. It might be one of the episodes I have to take breaks while listening to make it through it.

Even if they do something like go back to the past for Friday, it's only going to be a delaying tactic, there's no way that they can avoid talking about any of that for long

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
So as a heads up, today's episode is covering the 21st-24th, so it's a present day episode. Just be prepared:

https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/652-february-21-24-2022

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

tracecomplete posted:

The obvious answer is that he's uncomfortable with the idea of anyone paying attention to them, even if they're generally well-programmed. Dan and Jordan are approachable and funny and they don't code as threatening to white conservatives (at least until you hear them really get going on a particular topic). They have intrinsic credibility if an Alex Jones fan was to find their stuff, and that's bad for him.

Yeah, and to add to this, while a lot of KF is about criticising Jones's terrible political ideology, a good chunk of it is also about criticising Jones's behavior as a person and as a supposed news source. An Infowars fan might be able to dismiss Dan calling out Jones's transphobia, but if something like him pointing out Alex never doing anything more than reading the headline of an article before reporting on it sticks, that's a problem for Alex because that can cost him a listener regardless of ideology.

I think something else that keeps Jones from targeting Dan and Jordan more is that they aren't doing things like going on TV and doing the media rounds whenever Alex does something that gets media coverage. Jones can't take a soundbite of Dan talking about him on CNN out of context, and he's far too lazy to go through an episode of KF to find something to rag on Dan for

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
He copied Cooper a lot at the beginning, so why not copy him at the end?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

They mention Alex got Covid a while ago.

When was that?

As you can imagine, googling 'Alex Jones' and 'Covid' isn't terribly helpful. Not helped by there's a well known celebrity with the same name here in the UK who also recently had it.

Can't find it in the deluge.

https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/592-september-2-2021 - Alex admitted on-air that he had gotten it, along with there being an outbreak at the studio. As he mentioned in today's episode, he claimed that his father had almost died from it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

Right, like it wouldn't be 24 hours before he'd start walking it back.

Alex wouldn't even be able to help himself. He'd go into a rant about whatever, next thing we know he's screaming about them trying to ruin him

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Megabound posted:

He ain't going in unless he's dragged in or defaulted on so he can play that for his audience

Yeah.

He stands to lose a ton of money as it's looking, what's another hundred thousand bucks or so at this point?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I'm of two minds with Alex, on one hand, he's talked about killing himself so many times that it's definitely performative, otoh, he's said it so much at this point that now that things are coming to roost, I wonder if he actually believes that he would do it now. I think the real measure of if there's any actual threat to it will be how much more often it comes in the next few months as his legal woes progress

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Go RV! posted:

I thought you meant the announcement of YEAR OF THE MUSTARD but that's good too

Not only that,but WITH PHOTOS

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
This might be beyond the scope of the KF thread and more suited for the Online Creators one, but it sort of involves half of KF and I wouldn't be surprised if it came up on the show at some point, even if only briefly.

So the second part of the Lions Led By Donkeys series that Jordan guested on dropped yesterday, and unfortunately it seems like there's a bit of drama to go along with it: the author of the book that Joe used as his only source isn't happy that podcasts have been using his work as a single or uncredited source, and called out the LLBD podcast during a Twitter thread about it:

https://twitter.com/brendankoerner/status/1513504339834322951

Jordan ended up replying to him, even though he was only a guest and had no responsibility in gathering research material:

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1513512669244174338

And friend of the show Robert Evans chimed in with his thoughts on the matter:

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1513587433157263361

This isn't a new problem for podcasts; bigger ones like The Dollop and (I think) Last Podcast on the Left were criticized early on for not crediting sources, and have since adjusted, but I don't know if they communicate with authors in the cases of lesser known subjects where there might only be one or two sources. I don't even necessarily think that they're owed that in every case, but overall I take Robert's view on the subject

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

I didn't really have an image in my mind for Lionel, but nothing about this photo shocks me

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

DarklyDreaming posted:

After a long life of watching Republicans wage moral panics against me and everything I like, I can honestly say I never expected them to go after a water bottling company I drink sometimes

Tbh, I'm surprised the name wasn't a bigger deal for RWM at one point, and maybe it was and I forgot, idk. There's been so much culture war BS the past few years that it's starting to bleed together if it's not about anything important. Hell, I listened to the free sample of this week's premium episode of the QAA podcast and was reminded that the Monster energy drink lady who said that poo poo about it being from Satan was eight years ago, and that felt like it happened yesterday.

"They're TELLING us... that we're drinking DEATH... right on the label!" - Lionel in that clip, probably (I didn't watch it)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
He can't help himself

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
That's unfortunate

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I know Alex can't help himself, but his lawyer should probably know enough to keep his mouth shut

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
JorDan are on this week's episode of Cognitive Dissonance, who now upload video feeds of their weekly podcast to their Youtube channel if you prefer video to audio

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, it was a hard listen for me

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tree Dude posted:

Having Mark on for what is otherwise a pretty normal episode of KF is great.

Yeah, it was nice hearing someone react to Alex like a normal person would.

They should have more guests on just to watch them lose their minds

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
So a heads up for anyone worried about having to listen to Alex's bullshit about what happened today:

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1529254571243192320
So it'll either be Friday or Monday before we hear whatever garbage he's spewing out on the podcast

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Megabound posted:

I wonder how forcefully he's going to wade into this mess, especially in his home state. Will he have learned anything? Far right twitter is going for a trans angle with unconfirmed photos so that's going to be my guess.

KitConstantine posted:

Hopefully he's learned his lesson from Sandy Hook and doesn't travel there/send anyone

Also I my bet is he focuses on immigration poo poo

It'll be a trans immigrant angle, that way he can hate on both groupsoh god don't tell me if I'm right

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I must not have been paying attention to whatever metaphor Jordan used, because I can't think of anything he said being too egregious

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Marsupial Ape posted:

I’ve been thinking about it, and the best way to gently caress with Jones would be to Gish Gallop him with everything he’s everything he’s ever overshared on air about his past. Nonk, getting molested by the older neighbor girl, his weird dreams, getting termite gassed by his uncle, just all that weird poo poo. Most of it was said when he was visibly drunk, so he probably doesn’t even remember saying it. He’ll think you’re a goddam witch for knowing all that about it.

Hell, if Dan were to ever confront Alex, Dan should lay into Alex with his parody conspiracy theory that Jones is actual a secret Satantist. Make Jones lose his poo poo over having to defend that himself against those allegations.

I do find the idea of Dan gaslighting Alex into believing he's a secret Satanist hilarious

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Dan and Jordan are the guests on this week's episodes of Behind the Bastards, and today's episode (and probably Thursday's) is basically a recap episode of KF as Dan catches Robert on what's happened with Alex since the last time KF was on BtB, with clips and all.

We're getting a full week of KF

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I'm finding Tyson hard to listen to, and if this is how he is on his podcast, I don't know how anyone listens to him at all

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
QAnon Anonymous's free episode this week is about Paul Joseph Watson, for anyone interested

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

0konner posted:

Today he claimed he will be going to uvalde while going harder in on the false flag thing.

Completely unwilling or incapable of learning

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, the Brown segment is pretty gross; he's very transphobic and drops the t-slur at one point, and also seems really concerned about whether boys can get boners or not.

Oh, and he claims to be concerned about cis women, so long as they're breeding

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Alex didn't even attempt to do his fake cry.

Dan was right; whatever I might have expected that episode to be, it definitely wasn't that

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

I don’t know what’s crazier, the above of the fact that the person in question is kind of…reasonable!

Like, holy poo poo, it’s crazy the petty stuff Alex bogs down in on 9motherfucking11. You’d expect him to read the Book of Revelation start to finish and scream about Jews non stop and instead it comes of as any other milk run day with made up illuminati plots. This episode is one of the most unexpected things I’ve ever heard from him.

Yeah, it's loving wild. I really wish we'd hear more like that from the person in question these days, because hearing that from them was just... wow

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Heads up for everyone; no new episode this Friday:

https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1550260721182822400

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I hope someone got that on camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1551966843652280320