Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

VictualSquid posted:

I just wanted to ask where I can catch up on the trial, I can't watch mostly due to timezone and :effort:.
Which one of the millions of podcast name oral arguments are you talking about?

This youtube channel is probably the only authorized source for video recordings of the trial atm: https://www.youtube.com/c/LawCrimeNetwork/videos

Doesn't have everything that's live streamed, but has most of the actual testimony. I recommend starting with the opening arguments, they're a good preview for the difference in quality of information and arguments between the 2 sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptP2FbsYDDc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxD2XSZfrlE

It's not in the video, but the defense initially brought a big chart and magnifying glass to try and emphasize that Sandy Hook only made up a small percentage of their total airtime. The judge was not happy with that and made them remove the props before starting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

El Fideo posted:

Towards the end of episode #705 "The Knowledge Fight Battle Kitchen," Mark talks about having surprises in store for the trial. He's...not talking about Alex's phone, right? As much as I'd like to believe that's it, the timeline doesn't quite work out, does it?

It's possible.

https://twitter.com/dansolomon/status/1554900413702443016
Mark said 12 days ago during the trial, so he knew about it sometime between July 22-24, and the episode was aired on July 24.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I think the Connecticut case is going to absolutely destroy Alex. Aside from it being the state where Sandy Hook happened, but mere hours after the Texas trial he's on air saying nothing will stop him from the parents. Not to mention all the poo poo he said today.If there is 30 days until the next trial, they'll have 30 episodes of him saying insane poo poo about the Sandy Hook parents.

Yeah parents in Connecticut have had more harassment, so I'm hoping the compensatory is much higher. Especially since the punitive damages in CT are limited to attourney fees. Leonard Pozner has had to move 7 times because of conspiracy nuts going after him.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

KitConstantine posted:

Frankly it'll start being fun-good rather than heart wrenching-good once Alex's side starts calling their witnesses

Also whenever infowars employees get called to the stand

Pattis is an awful person and I think I would be tempted to spit on him if i saw him in the street, which is not something i can say about any other human being

I wouldn't want to punch him because I don't want to touch him even that briefly

At one point the judge said she wanted to canvass Jones to make sure he's fully aware of what he's not allowed to say on the stand, because she will address contempt on the spot. His lawyer objected to the canvassing.

Here's the exchange:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-quzLWGYDc&t=9202s

There's no way Jones will be able to stop himself.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

0konner posted:

Definitely not a cry for help but he went full shaved-dome today.

https://i.imgur.com/4jXsGPO.mp4

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Is that a jojo reference?

The prompt was "Junji Ito, HR Geiger, They Live". I was playing around with the leaked Novel AI model for Stable Diffusion while listening to the latest KF episode. I merged it with the standard SD model so that it works better with real life images as a source.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

tsob posted:

Is Alex being out conspiracy nuttered on his own conspiracy nut show? Is he the sane one in that cast, desperately trying to contain the other guy? That's honestly pretty astounding.

Ye is Alex's worst nightmare: a caller saying the quiet part out loud that he can't hang up on. :allears:

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Froghammer posted:

gently caress yeah, missed you Drunk On Air Alex

:yeah:

I love when Alex forgets he's not supposed to read articles, and cold-reads something that disproves his claim. :allears:

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

Kerry got really, really into Qanon and covid poo poo so became a lot harder to find interesting episodes. Dan still checks in occasionally, they did a Project Camelot not that long ago but it's rare compared to the old days.

I also think the Squatch stuff might have soured them on it a bit. As hilarious as I found it, if I were in their place I'd be worried that continuing to cover Project Camelot or similar small time conspiracy nutters might encourage more of that kind of thing.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Scam Likely posted:

Squatch poop touching was extremely tasteful imo

Yeah, I wasn't trying to say they did anything wrong. It's just something I feel the KF guys really don't want to be a regular thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Painful erections

tfw the nitric boost kicks in