Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Grand Fromage posted:

My read is Alex is generally aware of KF existing but recognizing Dan might be a stretch. It's just one more globalist attack among many and who can keep all that straight?

That's also my guess at this point, especially after hearing the deposition tapes. When someone criticizes him, regardless of context he doesn't see actual people, he sees chess pieces moved in front of him by the hand of The Devil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Marsupial Ape posted:

Yeah, we’ll compile a goon favorite eps list and I’ll edit it into the OP.

565 will forever be a personal favorite to me because it's one of the few moments where Alex sells out on a philosophical level. I mean yeah he regularly takes money to pitch his audience on supplements that don't do poo poo, but that's just the podcasting game. Here he can't stop himself from revealing his utter disdain for Mike Lindell every few minutes, but for now the pillow money is good so he soldiers on all the way through the interview.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Giving someone life is giving someone death. You could say... Life is death

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Grand Fromage posted:

It was incredible. I was hoping for a bunch of follow ups on KF lore just to clear things up. Maybe there'll be more depositions and he can sneak in more treats for us.

"Do you sir believe that the Literal Christian Devil is right here in the room with us? Reminder that you are under oath at this moment"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Dismissing Q was what actually killed him off - I think he definitely had the chops in to take over that whole thing, but he saw it as a threat to his empire. In fact I can't help but see his second wave of Sandy Hook stuff in 2018 as an attempt to regain the ground that he had to Pizzagate, as that wound down, and regain his place on top of the midden.

The thing about Q vs Alex Jones is that the two are fundamentally incompatible. Jones traffics in apocalyptic doom, buy brain pills and disaster preparedness kits on his store and stuff them in a secret fridge in your basement, because you'll need them when the (((Globalists))) declare open war on honest hard-working Americans like you. Q meanwhile traffics in hope (For fascists anyway) don't worry about the lizard people, Trump's got this, so how about you buy this T-shirt I made with a big Q on it so he knows you're rooting for him.

And yeah, this probably cost Jones millions of dollars in the long run because as it so turns out there's a ton of conservatives who feel like they've been handed nothing but L's since the late 90's and need a fantasy world to escape to where their children realize their racism/homophobia/stupidity was justified and elected officials give a poo poo about them.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Cat Puke posted:

In an early episode they cover this and interview a guy that snuck in with Alex. He says he basically just walked in along a road and Alex insisted on pretending that he bushwhacked a secret path. Basically it was way less interesting than it seems.

See also his trip to Bohemian Grove, where he was invited and no one gave a poo poo

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

jase1 posted:

Listens to the deposition episode and it got me hooked. Starting from the beginning and got the inauguration episode where Jones is just sloshed. I love that their are multiple episodes where he is drunk off his rear end.

Today's episode had him visibly high on coke while denying rumors that he is addicted to the stuff.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Froghammer posted:

Alex doing crazy mental gymnastics in order to paint Biden as the true villain of Putin invading Ukraine is both expected and disappointing

He has to lean on this "THEY PLAYED US LIKE A drat FIDDLE" narrative or else the alternative is admitting Putin sent thousands off to die for no material reason even assuming total and complete victory, and Alex himself cheered on every step.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Froghammer posted:

I'm more interested in how he handles the entire right wing grift machine doing a complete 180 after Russian bank payments got turned off

I feel like he's going to be the last grifter still arguing that Putin has a right to Ukraine's blood and soil, mainly because it's a position he's been pretty consistent about through the ages

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Grand Fromage posted:

It's amazing I've listened to like 300 KF episodes and I was still blown away by that proof Alex was right video. That's some balls.

Then the dude who called in and proved that oh, yeah, that poo poo works just fine on his listeners.

War... Is... Coming sometime... Within... The next... Five years

And inside every ellipses is something completely unrelated to the current war.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Firstscion posted:

Dan has become the foremost expert on Alex Jones and Infowars

I do wonder why Jones hasn't woven any narratives around Dan and Jordan like he usually does when someone pays attention to him

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Marsupial Ape posted:

Cocaine is drug of choice for capitalist narcissists. I'm not even being a hyperbolic lefty (which I am) about it. Pop-culture has portrayed cocaine as the nose candy of high paid white stock brokers and executives and Alex thinks movies are real life.

I would imagine that like a lot of conservatives, Alex believes there are "Good billionaires" and (((Bad billionaires))), those are the ones who do cocaine, everyone else is too close to executing God's plan on earth to do recreational drugs or cheat on their wives. Even when they do

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Yeah I'm starting to think he wants to get perp-walked to court. That poo poo's gonna be gangbusters with his fans

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
There is definitely some kind of alternate universe version of me who runs a mayonnaise review blog.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Every time there's a new deposition episode the phrase I keep thinking of is "Evolutionary Trap" Where an animal has an adapted trait or behavior that would be helpful in most circumstances but fatal in others, like moths who navigate by moonlight flying headlong into exposed lightbulbs and open flames.

With Alex Jones and his associates, if Anderson Cooper was asking them questions like these, I'd say Kit Daniels was doing an excellent job deflecting and redirecting when necessary and staying on message to keep the InfoWars audience. In a courtroom however, Words Mean Things and it's really loving important to give clear answers to every question.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Shinji2015 posted:

I didn't really have an image in my mind for Lionel, but nothing about this photo shocks me

After a long life of watching Republicans wage moral panics against me and everything I like, I can honestly say I never expected them to go after a water bottling company I drink sometimes

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Tree Dude posted:

Just read through this Bill Ogden AMA on the KF subreddit and now I have his preferred brand of Gummi Worms in my next cart.

Hard :same:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Your Gay Uncle posted:

It's always funny to me how much Alex and associates all claim to hate Hollywood, but all their ideas are basically taken from movies or tv shows.

The globalists are going to use the Baron Harkonnen heart plugs so they can use Cobra against G.I. Joe, all while the portals from Stargate are active to depopulate the world

This is almost every conspiracy theorist. The mindset requires a tendency to connect everything together on a cork-board, so if I saw it in a movie it must lead back to something that the bad guys are planning.

See also that guy who led the police on a high speed chase with his children in the backseat because he believed Trump was talking to him through the songs his local radio DJ was selecting.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Grondoth posted:

Yeah Alex Jones, and the entire conspiratorial right wing apparatus, is actually driven and empowered by a shadowy cabal of shadowy rich elites, crime, and hostile state actors. The conspiracy they peddle is their story and it's never not gonna be a crushing irony that my brain just can't actually engage with.

There's a line in The Dream, a podcast about pyramid schemes that goes like "The Illuminati is real and it exists to sell you overpriced consumer goods"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Cat Puke posted:

I think the darker conspiracy is probably the one that brings us underpriced consumer goods.

Yeah but that one operates out in the open and with the support of a majority that learned to compartmentalize morality on a national level centuries ago.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
"Well King George III wasn't perfect but I wouldn't have risked my life toppling his rule" Is a hell of a thing for a Right-Wing media commentator to say :staredog:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

In reality, I am not surprised by anyone right wing looking towards a monarch or authoritarian.

Single individuals or groups can totally keep the status quo while whole communities and democracies directly leads to change.

Yeah no poo poo, it's just funny when he turns around and pretends care about the Founding Fathers and/or the Constitution next episode

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Morbidly curious as to how Alex will take credit for Roe V Wade being overturned

Most of the right-wing hateosphere is angrier about the leaks than happier about their inevitable culture war victory. So I get the feeling that's what Jones will harp on.

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 4, 2022

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Froghammer posted:

Today's episode is really, really rough.

Take care of yourselves before / after listening

It's just soul-crushing to hear him say the exact opposite of provable reality, knowing full well that none of his fans will watch the actual court proceedings and feel shame about it

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mr. Nice! posted:

In the past two years Jones has drawn $60m from FSS among other fraudulent transfers to shell companies to try to hide his assets. He also claims that another one of his LLCs has a secured debt against FSS for over $50m that has to be paid as a priority. There's a fraudulent transfers act case in Texas working to unwind those transactions and the bankruptcy court has turned the eye of sauron in that direction as well.

He's just paying himself a $10k/wk salary while in bankruptcy. The excess free cash flow historically would go 100% to his pockets.

This is how most CEO's do it, they aren't *Actually* a billionaire but they have a corporate discretionary fund with effectively infinite money they can access at any time.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Digital Jedi posted:

He is going to be beterr tomorrow

He's not mad at the crew

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Well with this crowd it either ends with "My pastor was a cult leader who raped my loved ones, here's how I barely escaped" or they're the ones doing time for cult leader poo poo

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mercury_Storm posted:

It was a past episode, so maybe Alex was less into the 'pretending to be a devout Christian' thing that became more popular in America and just got worse after 9/11 and especially into the late 2000s.

He definitely talks about being Christian/talking to God in the 2003 episodes, but I get the feeling he wanted to distance himself from Bush's evangelicalism, at least publicly. Nowadays all the chuds are off cosplaying Templars so he has to reflect that

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Was this the one that had that "We honor all the American soldiers lost in Medieval England" end-credit?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

twerking on the railroad posted:

Well duh

Side note: a friend of mine was saying recently how they had a brother who was talking a bunch about Klaus Schwab and of course it's impossible for me to hear that name in any voice but Alex Joneses. I don't even know who Klaus Schwab is really, just that he's catnip for the conspiracy set. When did Alex start focusing so hard on him?

If I had to guess, Soros was getting stale

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

You want its future value in booze, bullets and guzzolene while they're content with planning to die in the initial apocalypse or play chicken with it a little longer :). Or they're just patriots and that's why Alex recommends them :patriot:.

There actually was a fun take on that in the show Jericho. They send out the new merchant-lord kid of the village who helped the daughter of the supermarket's now-dead owner consolidate power and dragged all of her silverware and expensive poo poo up to the big trading fair that they heard about. Only to get mocked that nobody wanted their useless stuff and that silver would get them thrown out because people were afraid that it had soaked up radiation. People wanted medicine, booze and they really, really wanted salt.

The thing everyone forgets is precious metals are just as much of a fiat currency requiring the good faith of your local government to have any value. If New Austin uses gold as their only currency then the first man to figure out how to make his own gold-imitation paint is the first billionaire of the post-apocalypse, you need minting facilities to verify the gold's authenticity and stamp the king's face on coins or everyone has every reason to assume it's fake

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 10, 2023

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I guess it was too nerdy even for Jordan but "If we get human population down to 10 each of those ten people will become wizard-kings of the new world" was the villan's plot in the amazing but underseen 12 Monkeys tv series

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Pirate Radar posted:

In one sense, Jones isn’t really that religious. He’s constantly getting Bible stories wrong and if you let him talk for long enough it turns out that he thinks everything is just really advanced/obscure science. It’s all electromagnetism or extra dimensions.

This is most of the American far-right nowadays, though not everyone takes it in Jones' direction. Christianity is just an aesthetic choice for them because actually holding themselves up to those ideals would mean forcing white men to live a certain way, and that's what everyone else gets

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Digital Jedi posted:

gently caress Oliver North
But that episode was hilarious

It was amazing seeing Oliver loving North clock Alex's bullshit so effortlessly

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Yeah I went to the ren-faire last weekend, that place was just infested with witches strutting around like they owned the place. It's not just Chicago :ohdear:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

From what I heard the he got the full 18 years because he kept texting other right-wing activists to do another 6th in the name of rescuing him during court proceedings. Judges love that poo poo

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Tree Dude posted:

Put him back on hold put him back on hold put him back on hold

edit instead of double post: Whenever I listen to a 2004 episode I have to remind myself this man is 30 years old

Being raised by moderately wealthy Birchers gave him early onset racist grandpa brain

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
As a massive fan of the Insidious franchise I felt personally attacked by hearing that neither Dan nor Jordan have seen any of them

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I remember last time the Q-Shaman was on and Jones kept putting stuff down for him and he refused to pick it up like:

-Tell the audience how Pelosi personally led you into certain hallways

-What the gently caress you talking about? We kicked rear end on the 6th and it was all us, not an antifa in sight.

Now he fully understands the "Vibe" of conspiracy talk shows, where the host speaks their bullshit, you nod, then you speak your bullshit and they nod. Plug your book/project, shake hands, rinse repeat as necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
All these guys flip on each other all the time. You can't survive in Right Wing Media if you take that poo poo personally