Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I appreciate the breakdown of how completely hosed Alex is at the beginning of the latest episode. I forget why exactly he's "uniquely and deeply hosed" for the Posner case though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Morroque posted:

Pozner was the Sandy Hook parent who was an InfoWars listener at the time and specifically warned them via email to stop their coverage for the harassment it was generating as early as January of 2013. They considered the email only as an invitation to even more content. He was also the one who successfully used a copyright strike against their YouTube channel anytime they published a picture of his son, which Alex then interpreted to be a declaration of war.

Heslin's beef against InfoWars exists only as a result of the Megyn Kelly interview, in which he was interviewed as an example of a Sandy Hook parent. Considering how much of the interview was actually a very flattering puff piece about Alex, Heslin's presence was seen as a fly in the ointment, making Alex very mad for a short amount of time. (Enough time to have Owen Shroyer to be puppeted into making one very tragic mistake.)

InfoWars only defamed Heslin just one time several years afterwards, while their attacks on Ponzer were immediate and lasted for very long.

Thank you, I've listened to all the deposition episodes and it's hard to keep track of everything and sort the dumb bullshit Alex has done into the right person. Thankfully that's not my responsibility or concern! I imagine it's Alex's though (or at least supposed to be)

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I'm a little amazed he totally whiffed on Papa John though

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

As this interview progresses I am wondering more and more about how you can interview Alex like this, getting these kinds of answers, and not at some point think "This guy is full of poo poo". The man deflects like a motherfucker

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

0konner posted:

Alex was back today. His vacays keep getting shorter

well that was extremely anti-climactic i guess

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I did really appreciate Alex putting an obviously specific employee (anonymously) on blast live on air after his little sad rant, for coming to work late or whatever

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

What are the odds that Alex is sitting there listening to that lady and thinking in the back of his mind "this woman is absolutely a loving nut but people buy this poo poo so let's roll i guess"

I know the question of "where does Alex's lying begin and end" is completely irrelevant when he uses it make money and harm other people either way, but god drat if it's not one of the most baffling question ever posed by man

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Yeah see I posted that at the beginning of that segment because it did seem like he was kinda stunned a little bit by what she was saying but trying to pretend he wasn't, but as it went on I realized "never mind, they are absolutely on the exact same page". Agree with Dan though: she sounds loving terrifying

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Edit: paul joseph watson makes me want to eat glass, his testimony in the deposition is super loving frustrating when he is trying to argue that the journalistic standard should not be applied to infowars

Ah, you see, Alex wears many hats and journalist is only one of them. Ergo, he is not a journalist. I hope this makes sense

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Early 2000s Alex is so loving funny compared to the monster he is now. He'll just say poo poo like "M.A.D.D. IS A FRONT FOR THE GOVERNMENT" that makes me involuntarily shake my head and smile

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

oh jesus it's three loving hours

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Oh this episode might be the one that breaks me. I saw the description and despite the promise of piss, I immediately went "oh I'm not gonna like this poo poo"

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Color Printer posted:

Oh this episode might be the one that breaks me. I saw the description and despite the promise of piss, I immediately went "oh I'm not gonna like this poo poo"

I have to commend Dan for sitting through this because this is torturous beyond belief

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

We've heard Alex suck up to guests/hosts before this is an entirely new level. If I were Alex, I would legitimately be loving embarrassed. The man clearly has no shame for things he should have, but going by his own mental patterns this really should make him recoil in disgust. Such a pathetic worm lmfao

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You see, if he repeats it enough times, it will become true( enough to his listeners so they can give him more money).

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I think this honestly might be worse than the kanye interview, or at least on the same level

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The thing about this is the Kanye one is that Alex did try (not very hard, but he did, harder than on nate anyway) to give some pushback but he was ultimately sort of held hostage since Kanye was actually in the room and was kind of running the show. With Nate, it's on a call (right?), so Alex could have just hit the kill switch and cut him off at any moment. But he didn't. And then he continued to not do it several more times.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Alex should have an implant with exactly one purpose: whenever he attempts to use any transphobic argument in an argument where it has literally no relevance at all, he gets zapped

He would get zapped CONSTANTLY. for this one thing!!!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Still on part 1 and I do appreciate Destiny loving with Alex once it becomes extremely obvious to him how pointless this entire thing is. gently caress it man just yell at each other

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I also had to Google it and, yeah,

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

it's been like that for several hours, he's gonna have to go see a doctor

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Xiahou Dun posted:

I’d say, “That explains why he was drunk and angry last episode,” but this is Alex. Drunk and angry is his base state of being.

That or coked up and happy(?), really.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

This Ron Paul arc should be deeply embarrassing to Alex, and I suspect it is

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

It is bizarrely telling that the some of the only self-restraint he's showed in years is that recent clip of someone bringing up KF and him just rapidly shutting it down with zero further comment

like, he is clearly capable of the thought "I should not engage with this whatsoever" but that thought seems to be used very sparingly

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

I'm getting so loving tired of those stories lmao

Honestly at this point if I were a fan of Alex and I believed those stories I'd still be pretty tired of it. Tell me about your loving lawsuit against the deep state!!!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

"Why am I still getting persecuted then?" "You're not."

Incredible.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Squatch Ambassador posted:

I also think the Squatch stuff might have soured them on it a bit. As hilarious as I found it, if I were in their place I'd be worried that continuing to cover Project Camelot or similar small time conspiracy nutters might encourage more of that kind of thing.

I didn't end up listening to that interview ep. was it that bad?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Digital Jedi posted:

Painful erections

had not reached that part of the podcast when I read this. I now understand this post, and Alex's boner plight

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

What are the circumstances where you want an erection to be painful

well, you don't (usually), which is why he said to take only one and not two. why he felt the need to say all that during the sales pitch is beyond my understanding

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

the tiger woods of chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011