Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Mod fight! Mod fight! Mod fight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Maybe Danarchy can't find the funny in this, but I personally think it is hilarious watching Alex Jones desperately try to toe the line of not coming across as an outright antisemite/holocaust denier and simultaneously not alienating his antisemite, holocaust denier fans, all while Ye sits five feet away from him and follows up his every attempt with "okay, but the holocaust literally didn't happen and Hitler was a great man and I hate Jews. Don't you agree?"

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Um, can someone please explain how all of this relates to Knowledge Fight? I have never heard of any of these people or shows but I assume there must be some overlap since everyone is posting about it here.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Owen Shroller

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

0konner posted:

Just look at trump if you think money can always get amazing or even competent legal representation.

Money can get amazing legal representation, if you want it. It can also get lawyers who will regurgitate whatever stupid ineffective legal defense you decide they should put on, if you would prefer to have that. Look at what's going on with SBF right now. That dude could definitely afford to hire lawyers who put on a better defense than "I am completely guilty of these crimes but uwu im baby" but that's what he wants so that's what he has.

Elon Musk could hire lawyers to put on a flawless legal defense, or he could hire lawyers to tell the judge that his big ol' dick flopped out onto the keyboard and accidentally rolled over it in such a way as to make a tweet calling some guy a Nazi. Which do you think he is more likely to do at this point in his career?

Ariong fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 6, 2023

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

FFT posted:

How has no one gotten across to Dan that it's "antisemitic" not "antisemetic" yet?

Jordan gets it right!

Maybe he's just listened to too much Jones and he didn't catch it like "white supremist" (which just goes by without comment at this point)

Maybe you should discuss this with him over a couple frosty cold glasses of melk.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Mercury_Storm posted:

In relation to the DMT section on the last episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPs3EeRyL9Y

he had hair at one point, amazing

This is an excellent YTMND.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Captain Hotbutt posted:

I've started listening to the Formulaic Objections episodes from the start. I'm about 45 minutes into the first one.

I don't know how long I'll be able to last through them all, to be honest. Hearing Alex and his lawyers act monsterously, dismissively, and try to run semantic circles to deflect, even for this short about of time, is exhausting, soul-draining stuff. "It's an edited video, this is out of context, that was years and years ago, etc." as a last ditch attempt, in every single sentence, would have me absolutely screaming.

Kudos to everyone who's gotten through all of them. Kudos to the lawyers and their patience to see this through.

If part one gets to be too much you can skip to part 5. Kit Daniels could not run semantic circles around a Teddy Ruxbin doll.

If you're going to keep going chronologically just know that you don't have long before you get to the second deposition of the second Formulaic Objections episode: Rob Dew. Specifically, you will hear Rob Dew deposed as a corporate representative of Free Speech systems, and it will quickly become clear that Rob Dew does not know what any of that means. If you wanna skip straight to that it's at 49:43.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Dan really does not convey how hard Stone is gurning the entire time. I was shocked the first time I saw the video and I had listened to the episode multiple times at that point.

Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1G2hi6ODac

Full depo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJmJqhCyuJU

LMAO what the gently caress it's like LA Noire.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

rotinaj posted:

Let he who has not done a deposition while flying high on cocaine cast the first stone

Stone is exactly the kind of person that makes me realize karma is not a universal constant and bad guys don’t always lose in the end

The fact that he has managed to have such a successful and pleasant life after all the crimes and bullshit he has done… ugh.

That isn't even how karma works within the belief systems in which it exists.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

quote:

David Jones does not respond to his son in the thread.

Despite everything... somehow... I still feel bad for him. A little. It's obvious why he's so hosed up.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

tsob posted:

I'm genuinely curious how Alex would react if someone sat him down and forced him to listen to some of his old recordings from 2004/2005 era, where he's basically railing against his current self. I assume he'd find some way to justify it to himself even if he were to confront that, but it'd be fascinating to see how he'd do so regardless.

The impression I've gotten is that Alex is more than happy to admit he was wrong about something if he can frame that change as part of a process of unraveling a conspiracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Morter posted:

They're sub-tweeting geese.

When you do it to a goose, it’s called sub-honking.