Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm still dying to know what Reset Wars is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Roger using MLK day to brag about how swell a guy Nixon was is the most Roger thing I can think of

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Shocking no one, Alex still doesn't know why he's being sued

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

BigglesSWE posted:

The lawyer mentioned, in his interview with Dan and Jordan, that HBO was there recording. Anyone knows what they’re up to in this context?
There's a documentary being filmed iirc

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Love me a sneaky snake Wednesday episode

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The CPAC episode us great, but listening to Nick Fuentez talk is a line too far for me

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I've been going through older episodes after finally binging The Obama Deception and I'm at Alex beefing with Ben Shapiro circa late 2018 and poo poo is wild

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Alex doing crazy mental gymnastics in order to paint Biden as the true villain of Putin invading Ukraine is both expected and disappointing

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm more interested in how he handles the entire right wing grift machine doing a complete 180 after Russian bank payments got turned off

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

BigRed0427 posted:

Edit: Like, what is that one dude called the turd in the punch bowl?
David Icke. He and Alex are buddies now

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

BigRed0427 posted:

Cool. I meant to ask why, autocorrect is dumb.
He's an antisemitic nutjob that believes in lizard people and Alex normally doesn't truck too much with the science fiction / religious fantasy faction of the right-wing griftersphere.

Trump and the pandemic made strange bedfellows, though

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Everett False posted:

He didn't used to. It was one of the things he hated about Icke, which was why he called him a turd in the punchbowl. He used to say Icke made the concept of conspiracies look bad by throwing the lizard stuff in there. These days... things have changed.
Over time, the crazy science fiction nonsense about clones and bioweapons and cyborgs in right-wing conspiracy circles proved to be a better bugbear to scare the audience with than aliens. In part, I think, because there has been exponentially amazing advances in technology since the late 80s while aliens are still a mystery.

Anyway Icke backed the aliens train hard. Way harder than Bill Cooper ever did. Alex thought he was an embarrassment to the grift movement and called him "the turd in the punchbowl" to Jon Ronson.

Cut to twenty years later and they're palling around because both of them have nowhere left to go

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Happy sneaky snake Wednesday

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
He might not be able to. Nobody on his payroll moves product or gets the numbers he does. If he's bleeding money, then he can't afford a vacation

Also Jesus God he's in rare form this episode

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The MTG interview is sobering. She's so deep into the conspiracy mindset that she thinks there's a conspiracy in the House

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I refuse to believe he wasn't in studio

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

MrMojok posted:

Jokes is crazy, but he isn’t stupid. There is no way he didn’t know he wasn’t going to get caught broadcasting while he was supposed to be in court.

As I see it, this is basically a big “gently caress you” to the court. I hope the judge sees it that way too!
I'm honestly not sure? Hanlon's Razor is in full force whenever you're dealing with Alex. I honestly thinks he thinks he wouldn't get caught because it's not like anyone important actually listens to his drat show.

Also, if I'm getting my timeline correct, he pulled his doctor's note stunt on Tuesday and straight up no-showed Wednesday, so let's see how things go Thursday. Fingers crossed on him getting arrested.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
He could also go out like Bill Cooper in a shootout

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Come ooooooon bench warrant

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
My headcanon is that Dr. Marbles looks just like Dr. San from On Cinema At The Cinema

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jones' lawyers say he's going to be deposed in CT starting on the 11th. Whether he actually shows or not is up in the air.
So they're delaying a week? That's literally throwing tens of thousands of dollars away

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm listening through the back catalog and in 2017 it's actually cute that the boys still think Trump is gonna get kicked out of office over the Russian collusion

You poor, sweet summer children

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Like most legal strategies Alex uses, I expect this to be half-assed and fail

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
He literally claimed on his show that he has at least 2.5 million in personal assets this passed week. Saying that in public while claiming that your company is bankrupt is gonna be a stretch in court

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Mr. Nice! posted:

If that $2.5m in personal assets is mostly house and equipment he uses to record his show, it's likely that if the bankruptcy is granted those would be shielded because of Texas law.
I'm not a lawyer, but IIRC bankruptcy involves letting the government look at your finances and based on how well Alex has done in that department in the past, I think it's likely that this won't go as well for him as well as he'd like

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
He had to know that the fine was coming and tried to file bankruptcy under the wire, right? The timing is too coincidental

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Opening Arguments went over this in their breakdown this morning, but Jones' shell game with companies in order to magically save his money at the last minute is extremely obvious and probably will not work

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
"You hosed up your bankruptcy filing so badly that I'm forced to delay your trial" isn't exactly promising news from the judge

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Jones' lawyer claiming the plaintiffs have been disrespectful to the courts is rich

Also hell yeah chaos magick episode! The two crazy people seem nice

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Mr. Nice! posted:

Here's the long and short of it - judge is skeptical about whether the businesses in front of him are actually validly there. Creditors are all going to file motions to dismiss and remand. There a status conference in one week. It will probably be more substantive than today.

Jones' lawyer continues to say they're using the bankruptcy process to try to force settlement.

The settlement offer is $9.8m over the next five years split among everyone suing Jones.
What part of "we are trying to bankrupt you over the lies you told" is he not understanding, exactly

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Just underlying that these people are monsters. Alex started his trump card bankruptcy plan seven years ago and kept it in his back pocket this whole time.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Morroque posted:

Was that part of the Sandy Hook investigation? I don't recall any mention of a plan or intent to stiff the legal charges before the onset of "I apologize to the listeners and the crew for threatening to leave; I'll be better tomorrow." He certainly was bragging that "they'll get no money" at that point.
Payment between Infowars and the parent shell company stopped in 2017, the same year as the video he's getting sued over came out. Leads me to believe they immediately knew that they hosed up and started preparing for a lawsuit.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
My favorite is the time when he saw The Green Knight and liked it a whole bunch so he started he started talking about how "The Arthurian Model of Chivalry" was the secret backbone of European culture

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It's been a breakneck pace covering Alex in the past few weeks, especially with travel plans being up in the air. They both deserve a little breaky.

Watch this instead.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Alex having paymasters has been suspected for a while. Alex's paymasters paying him in crypto, which he's largely stopped talking about, is honestly something I can see.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Gives them more time to prepare for the next Formulaic Objections

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
When exactly did Alex get sued? I'm listening through the back catalog and on episode 99 (Nov 1st, 2017) both he and Roger freaked out HARD on air

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Can I be Alex's lawyer? I feel like at this point I'm honestly his best shot.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I dunno, I feel like if I scratch the surface on cryptid conspiracy theories there would be a whole trove of "the people making sure the scientific community dismisses Bigfoot studies on principle? IT'S THE JEWS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Mr. Nice! posted:

The news here is that the bankrupt entities are not opposing the remand - the cases are going back to trial court. We may see documents filed re: stipulated remand as soon as this afternoon for CT plaintiffs and probably early next week for TX ones.
Can you elaborate on this in non-lawyer terms? From the sound of this it seems like Alex's lawyers are giving up on the bankruptcy gambit.