Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Black Robe posted:

Scrybe of the Dead, since it is Spooktober.

My vote, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
I will vote to replace the Scrybe of Magick not because it's cool new mechanics, but because it's hard as hell and some of the fun of LPs is making it hard on the LPer.

Also, fun fact: P03's name is pronounced 'Poe.' It is not pronounced 'Pee Zero Three.'

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My vote is The Scrybe of Magicks to change it up from what we've seen so far!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I vote for P03

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Black Robe posted:

This choice rises from its grave and votes the same way again. Scrybe of the Dead.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

I vote for the Scrybe of Magics. It's difficulty is often exaggerated.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Scrybe of Magicks

It's wizarding time.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Tossing another vote on the Magicks pile

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Throwing my hat in for The Scrybe of the Dead because a) it's October/Halloween season! and b) while yes Magicks isn't hard it is a very bad feel for how I recall this part of the game starting.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Let's go with :ghost: The Scrybe of The Dead

What i thought was the ending was merely the end of the prologue. Holy poo poo that's amazing.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Black Robe posted:

Boo! It's a vote

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The Dead, the Dead!

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I say Scrybe of the Dead. I have no knowledge of how this plays out, I just think undead stuff is cool because I'm a hopeless edgelord sometimes.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

By my count so far, it's:

The Dead: 9
Beasts: 2
Technology: 2
Magicks: 10

Magicks is one ahead of The Dead! I'll leave the vote going for a couple more days before closing it. But fear not, I do want to play ahead as much as you want to watch, and I want give you all the opportunity to put your deckbuilding skills to the test very, very soon...

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Here's my pro tip about deck building in this section of the game: Hit the auto button

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I’ll vote Dead because I did magic in my play through and want to see something else.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I have no idea what the hell is going on anymore :psyduck:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Miz Kriss posted:

Welcome to a Daniel Mullins game.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Miz Kriss posted:

We started a New Game. Don't forget back in the very first video we had to Continue. What the hell happens to the game between this state and a cabin in the woods with an insane person? Well, we'll see. Maybe.

IntruderVux
Feb 9, 2014
Going to vote for the Magick deck.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
I'm voting Magicks because I started with Grimora in my own game, and I wished I'd learned the new mechanics sooner.

This was such an amazing turn, left me sitting for long minutes just savoring the moment.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Let's wield some Magicks.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

The people have spoken, we're becoming sorcerers rather than spooks! Expect an update soon!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The magic deck is the most different from what we’ve seen before, which probably makes it bad for people who just want to get through the game, but the most interesting when we see it in action!

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
For general guidance for everyone else going through this as a guide of sorts: In terms of power, I generally recommend the Scrybe of Beasts, though if you prefer showing something different yet decently powerful, Scrybe of Technology is a viable choice.

Also, now that we have entered "New Game", may I point out certain secrets or mechanics about the previous part that were not shown? That being said, I have stopped playing the game since I 100% it some time ago, so I have forgotten some secrets. Nevertheless, I would put them in some spoiler tags.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I started by going Scrybe of the Dead and ended up somehow getting some Tech cards that carried me for a while (because for that deck you just have to wait).

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Flair posted:

For general guidance for everyone else going through this as a guide of sorts: In terms of power, I generally recommend the Scrybe of Beasts, though if you prefer showing something different yet decently powerful, Scrybe of Technology is a viable choice.

Also, now that we have entered "New Game", may I point out certain secrets or mechanics about the previous part that were not shown? That being said, I have stopped playing the game since I 100% it some time ago, so I have forgotten some secrets. Nevertheless, I would put them in some spoiler tags.
Share away! I missed some requests due to lack of proper items or cards, and there are some fun little easter eggs if you really drag the cabin part out... which I was afraid to do since so much time was already spent on it!

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Olive Branch posted:

Share away! I missed some requests due to lack of proper items or cards, and there are some fun little easter eggs if you really drag the cabin part out... which I was afraid to do since so much time was already spent on it!

Alright here are some minor interaction secrets of the first game not shown explicitly in the LP (as far as I can remember) or this thread:
  • Black goat sacrifice to the Bone Lord rewards 8 bones
  • Trying a destroy item on the Moon will have Leshy say that it is not targetable
  • New runs with the bee bonus from the painting now starts you with a woodcraver head of squirrels and a woodcraver head of insects
  • Cat has 9 lives to sacrifice per fight. After 9 sacrifices, it becomes a 3/6 undead cat that can no longer be sacrificed for free.
  • Child 13 has 13 lives to sacrifice per fight. After 13 sacrifices, it becomes a no-stat hungry child that can no longer be sacrificed for free.
  • After 4 runs, the survivors of the campfire may attempt to eat your card if you keep your card there after the first bonus. A Ring Worm, Adder, or Long Elk will kill them if they consume one of those cards. Their death only lasts for the current run.

Here are some implicit mechanical secrets:
  • Getting to the current point of the LP is possible at the minimum of two runs. Obviously this is hard as at two runs, you will not have the chance to get certain bonuses i.e. greater smokes or THE BEES.
  • The game always tries to give you a usable hand in the first hand of a fight. For instance, you get one squirrel/bee and 1 blood card normally. If you have a lot of free cost cards, you may get one of those instead of a 1 blood card. This mechanic can be abused i.e. having only 1 blood card in the deck and pumping up a 1 blood card i.e. mantis god as a 2/1 or mantis as a 3/1, and you have a first turn kill deck.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

I wanted to apologize for not updating this LP for a time; I've already recorded the next few updates and just need to subtitle them. I've just been busy in October and wanted to take a break from the subbing for a time. I'll be updating the LP again very soon, and you'll be giving me your votes/opinions more often too!

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Glad to hear, looking forward to it.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Open a sealed Magic booster pack, reveal the cards, and put one of them into your hand. (Remove that card from your deck before beginning a new game.)

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I have not played this game in a while, so I forgot that was 273. It looks like 2 not equal 3. That's what I thought the first time; that's what I thought just now.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

Olive Branch posted:

Open a sealed Magic booster pack, reveal the cards, and put one of them into your hand. (Remove that card from your deck before beginning a new game.)

Wait, that’s an actual Magic card effect? That’s nuts!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

BassMug posted:

Wait, that’s an actual Magic card effect? That’s nuts!

It’s probably from an Un-set and not comp legal

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Flair posted:

I have not played this game in a while, so I forgot that was 273. It looks like 2 not equal 3. That's what I thought the first time; that's what I thought just now.

Yeah I ran into the same exact thing.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Pretty sure at the end of that last fight you could have played the emerald mox, hammered the ruby mox and played the junior sage for an extra foil. Mage knights don't need specifically the orange gem, they just need a gem active.

The mox mechanics are a fun shake-up, and this part of the game is the only opportunity to really play around with them. Hence voting for the magic starter.

I don't know if you're taking suggestions for deck building yet but probably the first thing to do is drop the sapphire moxes and blue mages from your deck - until you get more powerful blue cards, there's just not a lot of benefit to keeping the blue gem around in favour of other cards.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

So Energy Cells are just like Hearthstone mana, then... and these gems are like Magic land but it also eats your monster slots for what's looking like not much payoff. Hmm...

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I like that we've already got three mantis gods. We never had that many at once before!

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

The bridge lady is from the previous game, The Hex, as part of the "cast of NPCs" who work jobs in video games as a filler NPC... as part of GameFuna. Which is also responsible for Pony Island, in part. For people looking to dig for lore, there's a good amount of initial connections to get started, before even hitting the ARG stuff. Good thing other people do, because I cannot be bothered to spend that amount of time digging stuff up!

Really do hope there is some kind of follow-up to Inscryption that doubles down on utilizing all it's mechanics, but that seems very unlikely considering the track record. At least we get the free expansion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

AweStriker posted:

So Energy Cells are just like Hearthstone mana, then... and these gems are like Magic land but it also eats your monster slots for what's looking like not much payoff. Hmm...

Yes, but you only ever need one of a given color. I would think that could make monocolor decks pretty beefy, depending on what cards you get.