Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

BassMug posted:

Wait, that’s an actual Magic card effect? That’s nuts!

Flavor text:
Real men use Arabian Nights boosters.
(the joke being that the Arabian Nights set was horribly underpowered)

Official Oracle rulings on gatherer:
_You can use any sealed Magic booster pack, including promo packs. As long as it hasn't previously been opened and you don't know the contents beforehand, you're good.
_You can open booster packs that contain cards not legal in the format you're playing.

AweStriker posted:

It’s probably from an Un-set and not comp legal

It is. It's from the joke "Un"-set, Unhinged.
For those that don''t know Magic, "Un"-sets are joke sets; "Un" cards are silver bordered (standard cards have black borders) and are not legal in any non-joke format. This particular card is making fun of the various tutor cards and wish cards.

"Un"-sets also double as testing grounds for the more out of there ideas. They actually printed Big Furry Monsters variations as non-joke cards.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Nov 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
Olive? You ever comin' back, pal? Not to hassle or anything.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Leshy got them in the end.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

Leshy got them in the end.

Magnificus, the talking Christmas tree, has destroyed him for daring to use his deck. Or, perhaps, WotC has decided that even a parody can't be tolerated as damage to their brand!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Chronische posted:

Or, perhaps, WotC has decided that even a parody can't be tolerated as damage to their brand!

Considering the game just came out on Switch I don't think that theory really holds water. :v:

In other news, Inscryption is now available on the eShop.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1598364201533087744

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

CK07 posted:

Olive? You ever comin' back, pal? Not to hassle or anything.
Yes, I am, I'm sorry. I have no excuse for my delaying and hiatusing, I got lazy and haven't subtitled the next episodes yet. This past week was also wrapping up final exams for my class, but next week when the new one starts I'll get back in a productive groove instead of just coming home and vegging out with games! You can :toxx: me on that too, LP mods, I'll have an update next week.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Olive Branch posted:

Yes, I am, I'm sorry. I have no excuse for my delaying and hiatusing, I got lazy and haven't subtitled the next episodes yet. This past week was also wrapping up final exams for my class, but next week when the new one starts I'll get back in a productive groove instead of just coming home and vegging out with games! You can :toxx: me on that too, LP mods, I'll have an update next week.

That's an excuse, and a pretty good one at that, chief.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Nobody ever needs to apologize for taking a break from LPing and nobody needs any excuses. It's a lot of work to get an update out and sometimes you just don't feel up to it and that's perfectly fine.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

Carbon dioxide posted:

Nobody ever needs to apologize for taking a break from LPing and nobody needs any excuses. It's a lot of work to get an update out and sometimes you just don't feel up to it and that's perfectly fine.

Exactly this, I didn't mean to nag you, Olive. You naturally deserve to use your time to take care of yourself. I just get worried at times that if no one posts in an LP thread asking after it, the OP might feel like no one cares and then never come back for that reason.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

When Grave Defiler enters the battlefield, reveal the top four cards of your library. Put all Zombie cards revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
{1}{B}: Regenerate Grave Defiler.

:eng101: Voting choices for the video!

1) Which Scrybe do we go after first, Leshy or Grimora? The bridge should open after that, and then we can face P03 and Magnificus as well.

2) What should our appearance be? Look at the busts in the picture below for an idea. We are currently rocking the goony fedora.

3) Most importantly, how should we build our deck? We need a minimum of 20 cards. Here is the deck as it is, plus our collection of cards.

Olive Branch fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 10, 2022

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Get yourself a gravedigger and some obols! Then mix in some blue mox and the mage that draws cards based on blue mox, and some of the pricy bones-cost critters, maybe add some skeletons and the two-direction attack robot, just cuz?

Chronische fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 9, 2022

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

We should beat up Leshy first for pettiness points.

comicfan92
Aug 30, 2018
Good to see you back in action!

For question #1: I'd say Grimora first, just to see what an All Bone deck can do in the hands of a boss (assuming she doesn't mix something else in to surprise us).

Question #2: I'd vote Wizard Hat, to remind us of what we started with in this part of the game.

Question #3: I'm unfortunately not an expert in deck building, but what occurs to me is that we currently don't need each color Mox crystal in our deck, as we don't have a decent enough selection of Magic cards to justify all three colors. I'd say take at least one color out, with my vote being to remove Green as it only gives us an average 1-2 card, while Orange gives us the tankier Mage Knight and Blue gives more utility. With the Green cards out, you can more Skeletons, along with Bone Heap and/or Tombkeeper to give yourself more options.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Our current form looks like a dog, so I am curious how the ghost killed by a dog will react...

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

GunnerJ posted:

Our current form looks like a dog, so I am curious how the ghost killed by a dog will react...

Obviously this means for appearance we should pick the most doglike

I have no opinions on deck options.

oh, and Leshy dies first

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

If we want to use mantis gods and ouroboros for our damage, we really need to divest of these un-sacrificable moxes.

The mage knights are good and tanky, which nothing else offers as cheap. I'd say swap out the emerald moxes and junior sage, possibly also the mage pupil. Replace with the skeletons, grave digger and bone heap. This'll give us options - our undead cards can do a good spread of damage, our magic cards are blocking, and the blood cards are our aces once we've got some of the others out on the field already.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Somehow I managed to actually make use of Uriali (or whatever it's called) in this part of the game, which would have been nuts to try in the first part

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I must admit for this part of the game, I just hit the 'auto build my deck' button. Which I think mostly just puts the rarest cards in, but does work for most fights.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
You could always build a turbo deck that opens to ouroboros, but that is relatively broken and simple. It would probably get boring after a while going with that.

Olive Branch posted:

1) Which Scrybe do we go after first, Leshy or Grimora? The bridge should open after that, and then we can face P03 and Magnificus as well.
I am down to match the order of which deck we chose first for this part of the game.

Olive Branch posted:

By my count so far, it's:

The Dead: 9
Beasts: 2
Technology: 2
Magicks: 10

Magicks is one ahead of The Dead! I'll leave the vote going for a couple more days before closing it. But fear not, I do want to play ahead as much as you want to watch, and I want give you all the opportunity to put your deckbuilding skills to the test very, very soon...
The Dead ascribes to Grimora with what we can currently choose.

Olive Branch posted:

2) What should our appearance be? Look at the picture below at the busts for an idea. We are currently rocking the goony fedora.

I am fine with the fedora look, but I have no real opinion on this.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Fight Leshy first.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Fight Grimora first, she has a bumpin' theme.

I like this one:

Use every single card

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

As much as the temptation to Luck Feshy first is strong, let's go with Grimora first.

As for the deck, eh whatever. Roll dices, draw lots, throw darts, actual sensible deckbuilding, your choice.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

Down with Leshy, be the robot, and I have no meaningful opinion on the deck setup - I've really been loving and appreciating how you're showing off so many different strategies to turn opponents into cardboard dust.

I'd never seen the Pharaoh's Pets before, that would have been a mainstay in my playthrough. e: not because it's especially good probably, just cause :3

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Leshy, P03, Grimora, Magnificus.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

The votes are as such, to help me start recording for the next episode!

Scrybe to fight:
Leshy 5
Grimora 4

Appearance:
Robot: 1
White Hair: 1
Fedora (Dog?): 2
Wizard: 1

Deckbuilding:
Some people said to replace some of our Magickal cards with Deathly cards, more specifically to remove a Mox color (Green was the recommended one) and add our Skeletons, a Grave Digger, and maybe a Tomb Robber and/or Bone Heap! We'll combine the might of three deck styles for our first Scrybe fights!

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Whenever a face-down creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
Whenever a permanent you control is turned face up, if it's a creature, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Good lord I think you just broke the game in half.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
That interaction is hosed in the best way. I wonder if internally it’s “if any player orouboros goes down, power up player orouboros.”

Edit: Also, man, you’d think people’d learn not to bring home weird floppies found in weird places. Nothing good ever comes from that!

BassMug fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Dec 23, 2022

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Goddamn leshys redone theme goes hard here. Probably a tie between it and deathcard cabin for my favorite music from the game

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

BassMug posted:

That interaction is hosed in the best way. I wonder if internally it’s “if any player orouboros goes down, power up player orouboros.”

I'd assume it's something like Ouroboros on-death triggering "+1 to $GLOBAL_OUROBOROS_DEATH_COUNT" and that variable gets read for Ouro's stats.

Inscryption is full of deliberately broken combos to make sure you're always able to push forward, but I think this one might have been a legitimate oversight, haha.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

The first binary reads "KARNOFFEL CODE". Karnoffel is a card game that dates back as early as 1426, making it the oldest card game in the history of card games that still sees play today. The Karnoffel "Code" is something related to Inscryption's ARG and the greater plot of the game-outside-of-the-game. The ARG's been solved for a while now but it contains spoilers for the rest of the main plot for Inscryption, if you'd rather wait.

The second binary reads "AMANDA".

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
More specifically, the second binary is "amanda", all lower case. I have to wonder if that's an intentional choice to show that her name's not important, or perhaps some other reason.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Each noncreature artifact is an artifact creature with power and toughness each equal to its mana value. (Equipment that's a creature can't equip a creature.)

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Just a casual 40 foils

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

paragon1 posted:

Good lord I think you just broke the game in half.

There is an achievement for attacking for over 666 damage, so it's definitely intentional.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Two updates in one day? You spoil us!

You can't really tell from this particular game but the Dredger just doesn't play any cards and gets distracted on the second turn cause he found the thing.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

Two updates in one day? You spoil us!

You can't really tell from this particular game but the Dredger just doesn't play any cards and gets distracted on the second turn cause he found the thing.
I'm actually trying to get one more in before the holidays (a vote update too!), and perhaps one more after that! But then I'll be visiting family for two weeks and the LP will be paused until my return. The goal is to become a Scrybe before I leave in three days!

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010
'This creature that takes energy to power up is pretty much unplayable' said while holding a creature whose effect is 'while this bot is in a circuit your energy does not deplete' is certainly...................

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Amidiri posted:

'This creature that takes energy to power up is pretty much unplayable' said while holding a creature whose effect is 'while this bot is in a circuit your energy does not deplete' is certainly...................
The Stim Mage can be used to get the 666 damage achievement, but to play it in a regular match you really need a lot of setup and specific draws to complete the circuit and make it run infinite. It's playable, but in my deck and collection? Eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Plasma Jimmy isn't stopped by Repulsive, so if you combine Plasma Jimmy and Energy Conduit, you can intentionally run the clock until you're hit with Starvation enemies and Jimmy will still rinse them right through, no matter how strong they get.

You get nothing for it, but, you know, if you want to see the novelty of it, I guess.