Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

I'm currently out of the country on school break for the next week, but as penance for a lack of update this week and the next, I'll be giving a triple update on the week of March 6! Enjoy your weekend and upcoming week, gang!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Personally I'd have put that sigil on the Opossum. You could use it for resource generation and cheap sacrifices. It synergizes well with squirrel bottles

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Olive Branch posted:

I'm currently out of the country on school break for the next week, but as penance for a lack of update this week and the next, I'll be giving a triple update on the week of March 6! Enjoy your weekend and upcoming week, gang!

Hope it wasn't to Ukraine.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Samovar posted:

Hope it wasn't to Ukraine.
That would have been a hell of a trip with an escape journey of my own...

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Reveal the top five cards of your library. Put up to two instant and/or sorcery cards from among them into your hand and the rest into your graveyard.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Well, that was certainly an enlightening experience! Unfortunately, it seems to have brought with it more questions than answers.

So many more questions.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Huh. That Warren you picked up can't be sacrificed, which I'm... pretty sure isn't normal for a Warren?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Huh. That Warren you picked up can't be sacrificed, which I'm... pretty sure isn't normal for a Warren?

Some cards behave differently if you mod your game, maybe you are thinking of a very popular one?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I looked it up, and the warren can be sacrificed but has the "cannot sacrifice" symbol anyway as a bug. The official mod fixes that. That'd be why the wiki I looked up to confirm didn't say anything about not being able to sacrifice it, despite normally being pretty good about separating content from the mod.

If it genuinely couldn't be sacrificed it actually wouldn't be any good as a blood multiplier, since it'd just give back the one blood it costs to spend, making it functionally just a free chump blocker and only a little better than a squirrel. I guess when they originally designed the card that was the intent, but then changed their mind about being able to sacrifice it without updating the visuals.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

I don't know if I'll do the official mod run (haven't even tried it yet) except maybe as a stream or something!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

Okay, I looked it up, and the warren can be sacrificed but has the "cannot sacrifice" symbol anyway as a bug. The official mod fixes that. That'd be why the wiki I looked up to confirm didn't say anything about not being able to sacrifice it, despite normally being pretty good about separating content from the mod.

If it genuinely couldn't be sacrificed it actually wouldn't be any good as a blood multiplier, since it'd just give back the one blood it costs to spend, making it functionally just a free chump blocker and only a little better than a squirrel. I guess when they originally designed the card that was the intent, but then changed their mind about being able to sacrifice it without updating the visuals.

I actually never paid attention to that symbol and always sacrificed it without issues which is why I always grab it. Turning one blood into 2 is super good.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tenebrais posted:

Why fix that as a mod instead of a patch?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Why fix that as a mod instead of a patch?

The actual answer to that question would qualify as a spoiler, for reasons.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Skink is a FANTASTIC card, one of the best traits in the game combined with a low-cost lil critter! Ants, on the other hand... very unreliable unless you can go with them from the ground up! And the ant queen sigil is also useless unless you're going for the ant blitz. The opportunity cost of sacrifices for ants just makes them inferior to many other options, especially as they lack any exciting sigils. Could be worse, I guess - could have some of the outright terrible sigils!

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Olive Branch posted:

I don't know if I'll do the official mod run (haven't even tried it yet) except maybe as a stream or something!

If you thought the DM cheating via spawning a bunch of bears was too easy, I definitely recommend it 10/10! I am about to get all the achievements for the mod myself.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I'm looking forward to retrying this game, now the DLC has been added.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Apologies for the delay, but we're back in action and casually slaughtering little critters!

Exile up to one target card from a graveyard. Create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token with decayed. (It can't block. When it attacks, sacrifice it at end of combat.)
Flashback {1}{B} (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
You know what this game could use?

More BEES FILLED WITH RABBITS

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Hooray, it's back! And... with an image that's probably going to haunt my sleep.
Seems you can build some pretty insane combo decks using the creature sacrifice feature.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Maple Leaf posted:

You know what this game could use?

More BEES FILLED WITH RABBITS

A reasonable combo... but skink + beehive is also super funny! Haven't tested it myself, but I imagine it would lead to a very funny result. Thinks like the skink tail split and beehive/warren spawns sharing grafted traits gets completely absurd with effects like Undying!

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The event at 11:18 has led to "something happened in the cabin." It is shown (though not explained) in the video for anyone not in the know who wants to look closely to spot it.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Not the bees!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Black Robe posted:

Not the bees!

YES the bees!

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
my god it's full of bees

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

It's full of bees, which are themselves full of rabbits

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

{Tap}: Put the top two cards of your library into your graveyard. Then if there is a colorless creature card in your graveyard, transform Grizzled Angler.

Olive Branch fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 19, 2022

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Glad to see you back.

And with rabbit bees, no less. That combo is crazy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

feel like the rabbit bees will do some hard carrying for this deck

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Personally I never pick the Pack Rat in these. The Geck is actually incredibly versatile for transferring good sigils that are on PITA cards, and honestly I'm in Team Resource Generation.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Personally I never pick the Pack Rat in these. The Geck is actually incredibly versatile for transferring good sigils that are on PITA cards, and honestly I'm in Team Resource Generation.

I find the Pack Rat's sigil to be particularly good, so I always try to get at least one sigil for a cheap creature in the deck.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Flair posted:

I find the Pack Rat's sigil to be particularly good, so I always try to get at least one sigil for a cheap creature in the deck.

Getting it on something with Undying is, like many abilities tied to Undying or a few other insanely broken abilities, a game-winner on it's own.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The main downside to the Pack Rat is that if you've already got three items then it's just a 2/2 card, which is pretty weak for 2 blood. Definitely a card to get for its sigil then transfer that onto a better one.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Pack Rat was probably the main thing that encouraged me not to hoard items because I would just use one before playing it if I had 3.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

The next time a source of your choice would deal damage to you this turn, instead that source deals that much damage to you and Eye for an Eye deals that much damage to that source's controller.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

The Bone Lord in the Cabin is related to a highly extensive ARG that came with the game's release. Making its eyes red is step one; it's highly unlikely that you'll come across step two.

Also, you had the opportunity to fulfill the board puzzle with the squirrel and the adder and you mucked it completely!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Maple Leaf posted:

Also, you had the opportunity to fulfill the board puzzle with the squirrel and the adder and you mucked it completely!

Did they? Looked like they'd have to sac the squirrel to help summon the adder. I guess if they held out a turn.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Did they? Looked like they'd have to sac the squirrel to help summon the adder. I guess if they held out a turn.

That's pretty commonly what you have to do to make those work; they're a bit unnatural to set up most of the time, and you have to sacrifice an easy win to get them to work.

Also, first time I've seen the dagger on offer twice in a row like that! Wasn't even aware that could happen! But I usually don't use most items until they are really needed, so I don't go to the pack that often.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Tenebrais posted:

The main downside to the Pack Rat is that if you've already got three items then it's just a 2/2 card, which is pretty weak for 2 blood. Definitely a card to get for its sigil then transfer that onto a better one.

Could you put packrat on the Warrened Beehive and just have ALL the items?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Do they ever explain what is the deal with Child-13? Most of the other cards seem to be based on actual animals or cryptids, a baby dragon is just... out of place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

IIRC it's the Jersey Devil. One version of the legend says that it was a woman's 13th child.