Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

ted hitler hunter posted:

I read the article and I am so grateful for the opportunity to hear from women like Hillary Clinton, like Stacey Abrams, like Irene Shin, women who have done the hard work and keep doing it and doing it and doing it.

I totter way too close to despair in the face of climate change and vote suppression, and the more I open my heart and mind to what these women have to say, the more I feel like giving in to despair is copping out, giving up, when other women, who have faced unimaginable hatred, threats, losses, defeats, have nevertheless gotten back up and carried on with their vision of service and dedication to making the world at least a little better.

I am immensely grateful to be alive at a time when I can learn from fearless women like Clinton, take heart from their words of encouragement and inspiration from their long years of hard work.

How do you turn a pain this deep into an opportunity for connection, an opportunity to invite other people to join in the work of doing good in the world?

Homeless Friend, thank you so much for posting this thread. I am so glad to read her words, and to be inspired again by her bravery and her - well, her love.

i feel this way as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU