Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

This is the thread to talk about your neighbors. Are they good? Bad? My next door neighbor is an old guy who feeds birds and used to be in musicals. He always invites me and my dog over to hang out. He is really good at decorating and is always making those elderly people driving services take him to the thrift store.

My upstairs neighbor is a middle-aged woman from former Yugoslavia who really wants me to join her tennis club, and I have been putting it off even though she’s very nice. I should probably just go ahead and learn tennis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
My next door neighbor is a hoarder with assorted other mental illnesses, one time she came over with an orange peel that she found in our front yard and was panicked that it is an alien egg, then when her pipes burst in the winter storm she said her water shutoff had been paved over and asked us for a weeks if we had found our water meter after it had been paved over (They had not been paved over). We think she might be living in her garage because her house is inhabitable. I keep thinking about calling code enforcement, her house will probably be condemned, gutted and sold for $400k+ in the next couple of years.

Our other neighbor is cool but he has terminal cancer, has stopped treatment and is basically waiting around to die. We bring him flowers on occasion. He once told my husband in that he wish the neighborhood had more gay people because we take care of our properties so well and improve property values and that he was disappointed that the two women that bought they house down the street were not lesbians. He later apologized for stereotyping gay people.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 12, 2022

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

My neighbor murdered his roommate and then set the house on fire before getting into a high-speed pursuit with the police. He's a real jerk.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

My neighbour always talks to me about how she hates the new owners and I am too scared to tell her I also work for them in a non apartment way

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
The neighbors on either side of me are always complaining about my dog barking constantly. I guess I’m the bad neighbor

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

If you cant bark in your own home then where the hell can you bark!

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I've lived here for 8 years and I haven't even met any of my neighbors.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I base my respect for someone on how loud they are because I have pyschological problems with noise. You could have the Nobel peace prize for humanitarianism, but if your dogs or cars make inescapable noise for more than an hour or day I will assume you are a terrible person.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my neighbors live some hundreds of feet from me so they're alright in my book. one of them is a plumbing/HVAC guy and i give him weed and hot sauce just in case i need a favor at some point

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know my neighbors and I don't want to

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if i know or recognize my neighbors, it's because they've annoyed me. used to live next door to a karen who got mad about all sorts of trivial and meaningless poo poo, but she moved away.

currently i don't know or recognize any of my neighbors, so things are pretty good

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Last night I took the dog for a walk and on one street over I noticed that the gate in the driveway was open.

It was a little disconcerting as there is usually staring me (and my dog) down whenever we walk past.

Anyway we walk a bit and my dog stops on their treelawn to take a dump. As I lean down to clean it up, I hear the unmistakable sound of a dog tag rattling on a collar. I look behind me and there's the dog, in the front of their drive way.

So I was like "ah, poo poo" while tying the poo poo bag.

The dog just stood there looking at us. I decided to walk towards it, and it bolted back about 5 ft.

It comes near us again and my dog and it are just kinda doing social distanced sniffing. Neither is really upset about anything even though my dog can be a loving rear end in a top hat around other dogs.

Whoever lives in the house has 4 loving cameras out front, so I'm standing at the end of their driveway waving like a loving idiot trying to get their attention.

Then I walk up to the door, and it has no doorbell. So I stand off to the side and knock as hard as I can in winter gloves and no one comes to the door. I knock again. Nothing.

I wave again like an idiot and nothing happens.

The dog is still out of the yard.

Dogs get territorial and poo poo and I don't know if the resident(s) are crazy and will blow my head off but I decide to walk closer to the dog again and it bolts past the fence. I decide to be brave: I walk up the drive way and seeing that the dog is behind the fence, I close it.

I told myself I'd send them a mail just saying that they left their dog out and I was gonna be troll like about it and talk about how nice their dog seemed. I haven't done that yet.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
my neighbors are fine outside the one with a autistic kid who acts out on and off by doing minor property damage to our yard and pissing openly in his yard, not a bad kid though. his dad is apparently a psychotic rear end in a top hat though. got in an insane screaming fit at a neighbor over some poo poo and almost ran me and my gf over once. also the police have been there a couple times.

also last year a house in our neighborhood basicaly exploded because of some fuse fire in the attic. the adult son managed to jump out the bay window and only brake his legs but his parents got burned to death. it was sad.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 12, 2022

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

me neighbor Perry is awesome but he just sold
his house and now i will need to get used to new neighbors and i hate it

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

My neighbor has a pile of coconuts with a statue of the Little Mermaid on it and I don’t know why but can’t ask him because he doesn’t speak English.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Sid Vicious posted:

me neighbor Perry is awesome but he just sold
his house and now i will need to get used to new neighbors and i hate it

i hope he moves in near me

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

had a few nosy/annoying neighbors in the past and learned the valuable life lesson of keeping my distance, never making eye-contact, and absolutely being unavailable for any conversation at all times.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

i hope he moves in near me

yeah never mind it turns out he is incredibly racist, he just conspiratorially said "sorry its a brown family moving in"

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Sid Vicious posted:

yeah never mind it turns out he is incredibly racist, he just conspiratorially said "sorry its a brown family moving in"

Are you posting on SA while chatting with your racist neighbor

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Telsa Cola posted:

Perry’s eyes flash to the phone, which I instinctively tilt towards my chest. “Whatcha typing there?” he asks, eyes narrowing

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Telsa Cola posted:

i was out having a smoke lol

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I moved out of Utah to escape Mormonism and the first house I buy is next to a Mormon family.

They’re nice though.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The Bloop posted:

I don't know my neighbors and I don't want to

I take it they don't have stairs in their house

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

im worried my neighbor might be Derpy who I understand was permabanned for raping someone in world of warcraft or something

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I had a neighbor once who had a big confederate flag hung up completely covering a street facing window (from inside). Thing is, while the dude was eccentric and would talk your ear off every time he saw you, I can never once remember him bringing up politics or expressing any significant political opinion at all. He owned the house and spent half his days tinkering on cars and boats in the driveway, the other half doing odd jobs elsewhere. He actually seemed pretty cool even though we never really hung out, just had passing conversation when both out front at the same time. I think I recall him saying his elderly father lived with him even though I never saw the guy. So I like to think that instead of him being the racist he just had a shithead old dad that he was putting up with until he died.

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

Traxis posted:

I've lived here for 8 years and I haven't even met any of my neighbors.

You live in New England don’t you

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smugworth posted:

I take it they don't have stairs in their house

Nope. I live in an apartment so the stairs are outside

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
My neighbors are a nice enough old couple from Idaho or Iowa or Ohio or somewhere like that, I can't remember what they said. But everything they do is just slightly off-kilter and strange. There's weird pauses when they talk and they have these big fake OH HO HO HO laughs. Every conversation I have with them feels like I'm talking to paid actors or something. I think they might be Russian spies.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Toady is good. Mrs Mangel was bad.

My personal neigbours stories:

Years and years ago, a friend of my brother was once at a party where Jesse Spencer was there, and he tried to hit on some girls by using the line "Hi, I'm Jesse, but you probably know me as Billy from Neighbours." What a fuckwit. Also his parents were the founders of One Nation in Victoria.

Also, when I was in Uni and had a show on the University radio station, I managed somehow to get Brooke Satchwell's email address and asked her to come on the show to be a guest. (This is around the time she won her Logie). She emailed back and said that she would be delighted to come on the show, however unfortunately the schedules never matched up and I never met her in person. But she was nice enough to send me a hand written note and a signed photo in the mail. So that was very nice of her, and she didn't need to do that.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
My neighbors stopped talking to me when I stopped going to church. They like to walk their dog next to my fence making my dog go bananas and break the boards.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Neighbor two doors down is crazy as loving hell. I don't know how she doesn't get her rear end kicked all the time.

My first introduction to her when we got to the neighborhood was when she knocked on our door one night a couple days after replacing a broken motion light on our garage. I aimed one light so it lit up my backyard slightly.

Her: "YOUR LIGHT IS INVADING MY PRIVACY!"
Me: "What?"
Her: "YOUR LIGHT IS SHINING IN MY YARD AND IT IS INVADING MY PRIVACY"
Me: "Nah, it barely lights up to the (neighbor's) yard, let alone yours"
Her: "MOVE THE LIGHT IT IS INVADING MY PRIVACY. I'LL CALL THE COPS ON YOU"
Me: "*chuckle* whatever".

I closed the door on her and she was screaming and then she reared back and let loose a huge loving wad of spit all over the storm door. I called the cops just to let them know this poo poo is happening and they were like "ah, her".

Anyway, whenever she's having 'a day' or off her meds or some poo poo she'll just pull out one of those folding camping chairs, sit on her front lawn right next to the sidewalk, and just like... stare the neighborhood down or some poo poo.

Other times, she'll be on the porch and start yelling at people and cussing them out. A couple of black families live here and she was dropping N bombs every few seconds.

One time she really got into it with a family and she tried pulling their hair and the lady almost kicked her rear end.

Most recently, she went up to a house, pulled down her pants, squatted, and pissed all over the lawn. The families kid was out front.

Every time someone calls the cops, she like Usain Bolts her way back into her house to hide.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Growing up my whole life we lived out in the boonies on this big chunk of land and my dad had a long running feud with the adjoining neighbors. I could never speak to them ever and I remember they had grandchildren that came over and I didn't get to play with them et cetera. The evil McKeys always causing trouble.

Then I reached adulthood and looking back oh my God.

They were very likely normal people in fact a nice fairly tolerant probably scared older couple. It was my dad that was the evil psycho. He shot the endangered great blue herons with his shotguns because they might steal trout from the pond. He shot their horse that jumped a fence and ended up in our woods. He illegally siphoned water from the creek to irrigate the garden and stock the pond.

There was the year he built the giant 2 story chicken house and filled it with chickens who got sick and the fire department had to come out and do a controlled blaze so the disease didn't spread and burn alive literally thousands of chickens. I got to miss school for a while from that one.

He constantly ran bulldozers and backhoes and poo poo day and night and then when the divorce was happening hung the full size mannequin from a noose effigy from a giant tower by the road.

Those poor people. They must have been so glad when they finally took him away, but by then they had to be in their eighties.

Spinz fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 13, 2022

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
My neighbor is a dwarfish sized man (probably about 5'6") whom I believe is some sort of prepper, and may be on meth, at least sometimes. Has a chicken coop (nothing wrong with that) and all kinds of "tactical" lighting around his property.

Some of his odd behaviors:
- Has a Nissan Leaf EV that I have never seen leave the driveway. I'm assuming this is there for when the oil disappears and his family has to flee the unwashed masses.

- During the height of the George Floyd protests, there were a few nights where he'd stand on his back patio with his billion lumen LED headlamp scanning his yard from left to right, right to left for hours like BLM was going to dig a tunnel into his yard to attack his family.

- Our neighborhood is close enough in proximity to the high school that you can pretty clearly hear the PA during football games. One Friday night this fall, he was out doing back yard patrol and every time the PA guy was like "Phillips on a run to the right for a gain of six, third down," he'd frantically start shining his flashlight around looking for the source of the sound. This is the one that makes me think meth.

- I've lived next to him for almost three years now, and I smoke on the back porch. He's aware of this because I don't try to hide or anything, but the other night, I lit up a cigarette, and all of a sudden out of his garage I see the super high powered LEDs on his golf cart light up (we don't live on a golf course), he pulls the cart out to the fence line and shines them directly at me for what was probably 30 seconds but felt like minutes. It felt like he was out there sitting in his golf cart waiting for me to come outside.

And the real doozy:

Stepped out back for a smoke, noticed he had left the dome lights on in his truck. Wanting to be a good neighbor, I went to his front door, rang the doorbell and took a step back. They have a big bay window to the right of the door so I made sure I could be seen through the window. This motherfucker picks up his phone to look at the Ring camera, looks directly at me through the window, and then grabs an unsecured handgun off of a counter before answering the door. Him leaving his dome lights on is like, a bi-weekly occurrence, but I'm not gonna get shot trying to tell him. loving prick can waste time jumping his car in the morning, gently caress him.

e: yeah, Florida.

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 13, 2022

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

im worried my neighbor might be Derpy who I understand was permabanned for raping someone in world of warcraft or something

lol

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Spinz posted:

crazy fuckin dad

:stare:

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

you guys have some scary neighbors

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Neighbors' dog keeps barking all hours of the day and way into the middle of the night. Quiet now for some reason but I'm sure it'll start up again.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

super sweet best pal posted:

Neighbors' dog keeps barking all hours of the day and way into the middle of the night. Quiet now for some reason but I'm sure it'll start up again.

poor dog :(

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
One of my neighbors I'm pretty sure is schizophrenic, and I can hear him yelling at his voices to "shut up idiot" through the walls. He is very shy when he is out and about. He has a little spot on the walkway he decorated with a big fern and three clocks, and he waters the fern often and then stands there admiring it for a moment with his hands clasped behind his back. He has a POW/MIA flag outside, and occasionally will write weird religious stuff and tape it to the inside of his window facing out. He's been my neighbor for five years, the longest of anyone, and is pretty chill. When we had a power outage for a week last winter, I let him borrow my camp stove.

My other neighbors are a West African couple with a kid, and the most amazing cooking smells come from their door. I gave them my parking tag cause you only get one per apartment and I don't own a car atm. The dad is like the only person I like to see by the smoking area. He does uber-eats delivery and night cleaning of offices and always has some story.

One of my not next-door neighbors set their apartment on fire and the sprinkler went off, damaging that apartment and at least the two below it. That apartment had had a few police visits before, as the boyfriend/girlfriend that lived there often fought. They don't live there anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

No. 6 posted:

My neighbor murdered his roommate and then set the house on fire before getting into a high-speed pursuit with the police. He's a real jerk.

My neighbour (neighbor) killed his brother with a knife when his brother was asleep, then proceede to stab his parents to death in their bed, pour kerosine over them and set the house on fire.

He blamed the brother for murdering the parents and told the cops he killed the brother in some temporary insanity bullshit. He got away with it and collected the parents life insurance and the house insurance.

He has a nice house and is married with 2 kids now ...