Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I heard SA was getting together a crack team of paladins to find some missing boat. Count me in to buy one of the expensive founder packs then not make it out of the starting zones with a dozen characters.

I found this video from the reddit pretty interesting for describing how the bard and paladin work and differ from each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvOEInEE-M

If we're getting tiers 1-3 at release how many are out in Korea/Russia now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Can paladins spec for full DPS? I saw in that support comparison video he mentioned paladins might not take their dash to fit in more support skills but I wonder if that works the other way around too and we'll get DPS paladins or bards who can't do much group support.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'm not 100% on this but from what I've seen - if you get a founder pack, as soon as you make your first character the founder pack content will settle in their store mail or storage. It's then locked to that server. You can access it on alts until you activate it but it won't show up if you make a new character somewhere else. So you may want to wait to see where goons get a presence going, or even see if anything goes wrong. People have had to switch servers from their original plans often over the years even on or after release day as servers fill up or have issues or a streamer rolls in with their audience horde.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Irony.or.Death posted:

Hello friends help me talk myself into/out of this.

1) How GaaSy is this? Daily quests? Login bonuses? Limited inventory space and a billion currencies?
1a) How much are you going to kick yourself if you miss out on daily quests a few times/week?
2) Does each class really only have five abilities or is the list in the OP just a preview sampler?
3) What is the endgame content and how long does it take to get there?

It's almost all been discussed in detail earlier in this thread a bit but in general (I'm ultra casual and my memory is poo poo so anyone feel free to correct me):
1) Yes to dailies, weeklies, and login bonuses. Currencies start with silver, gold and royal crystals, there are probably more. Word is you can play it completely free, take your time and enjoy it. It's when you want cosmetics or to speed things up that is when you run into the services.
1a)If you miss a daily, you get double(?) rewards next time you do it, so for efficiency people have figured out to do dailies on three different characters every 3 days or something to that effect. You take less time, have flexibility in schedule, and get more than you would if you just ran them daily on one character. I'm pretty sure there's also an account-wide cap so you can't just use 16 chars and play all day to get stuff, but I may be wrong.
2) Each class has plenty of abilities but you can only use so many at a time and build a loadout depending on what you want to bring and what specialties/tripods/bonuses you have equipped.
3) There are three tiers of endgame featuring 4 man dungeons and later 8 man raids, most poopsockers are planning on hitting the first tier on day 1 before reset so they can hit up the dungeons. From what I gather tier 3 can take a while to work through and most of it won't be releasing here yet.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 4, 2022

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Does striker have the 18% crit buff too? It's the mirror class of the wardancer. I'm pretty sure I saw it mentioned in a video that goes over the utility of every class but in general people only ever mention wardancer.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

We need a bingo chart. Error 37, Error 2002, rubberbanding, rollbacks, server full guild splits, whatever the gently caress happened and is still happening with new world.

I'll predict they'll be mostly fine Tuesday but blow up at the actual release since its FTP.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

So far the biggest drama I've seen is they advertised platinum packs being buyable for channel points on twitch so people immediately hit up those channels and started gifting subs and throwing bits at them. They very quickly had to walk that back and say the packs are a limited giveaway. You'll be able to get pets and stuff for watching the twitch channels this week.

Names are also apparently an issue. They're fairly restrictive at 16 characters with no spaces, extra capitalization or special characters. When you delete a character, their name isn't immediately freed up for use, you'll have to go through a process to release it which won't be in the game at launch. So if you are really attached to a name, get in early and slam that random appearance button, then pay $10 or whatever to fix your appearance later.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Supposedly the skins are also tradeable so the pro move is to make 30 steam accounts and buy 30 platinum packs, 1 of each class for yourself and 1 of each class to sell on the auction house.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Ah are they account-bound then? My info was just random people on reddit and youtube talking about how it is on the KR/RU servers and they expected to be able to buy the platinum skins from other players after release.

edit: I guess we'll find out tomorrow and then there will be a few more days for people to decide whether to buy in or change their pack level.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I can't believe how smooth this launch was going to be then ICR signed up for the game and the cosmic yellow energy blew up steam's servers

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Anno posted:

God can you imagine if Amazon didn't set something up properly or whatever and this can't be released early?

I skimmed some streamers. Limit/Maximum didn't notice any trouble and got in with some of his team, they are speed leveling and skipping cutscenes as we speak. Cohh and Asmon meanwhile are sitting at the connection time out too. Anniefuchsia just got into char creation.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Took a longer lunch at home and was able to get in as soon as steam unfucked itself. 4000 queue took about 10 minutes to get through which is nice after FF14's marathons. Got 1 of my 3 favorite names at least, the others were gone already. Not too surprised, they are odd names, but there are a bajillion people even for the first hour of early access so they were bound to get snagged. Made 4 chars in case the east coast server fills up. Didn't have time for the west coast server I'll see what's left tonight. I usually play on west coast because its easier for me to stay up later to do group things than to get off work earlier, but the ping is a pretty big difference so thanks for posting that site.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I've been getting a ton of lag and rubberbanding. The enemies will freeze in place and my attacks will do nothing, then they'll snap to me and sometimes explode or sometimes I'd missed. I'll start climbing a cliff then get pulled back to the bottom and start climbing again. It happens on both East and West servers, morning and night. Is it a combo of my rural internet and early access servers getting swarmed, or is there something else I should look at? Last time I had it this bad this often was WoW's original release and everyone was complaining about it. Here I don't see many other people having any issues, just one german player on the EU servers.

It's still playable, I just wouldn't want to do group content with it, especially since I'm currently playing bard.

From the cloudping link earlier my ping was 20 to the east coast amazon servers and 60-80 to west.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Aquila posted:

Should I wait to open my founders pack or anything else until I settle on character class I like?

I think if you're happy with your server choice you can start pulling stuff out of the shop inventory that holds the founders stuff. You might want to wait before using the skins. The platinum skin at least is one character only, I'm not sure how the northern lawmaker skin works. All founder pack skins are apparently one character only. But you can activate the crystalline aura and it should turn on for everyone on your account.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 9, 2022

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

joepinetree posted:

hopefully it gets better soon, but after ~2 and a half hours of playing my shadowhunter, I've managed to fill up the bar to transform into a demon exactly once.

In the paladin vs bard video, the guy commented that the bars fill up much faster at higher levels. Specifically for bards he mentioned they'd have to get in close and hit the boss a few times to build the meter to then get their damage buff or heal off.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Someone needs to mod it in so you can duck hunt the seagulls while waiting in the queue.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Bard is fun if you don't mind the mage outfits and animations. I couldn't play minstrel in Lord of the Rings Online because of all the jarring chords and shouts but I actually like it on this class, especially when the notes explode a clump of enemies. I'll be starting a paladin next to try, and have a shadowhunter since I heard they are fun and easy. I'll probably level those three up the slow way since I'm having fun with them.

I solved my rubberbanding issues by ditching my wifi for an ethernet cable. No brainer, but I'd never had any notable mmo lag before this game. Going physical connection cleared it right up.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

It is weird that "equip a set of cards" is in the guided new player quest book right when you first get 2-3 you can't equip.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

They have not confirmed anything about what order we will be getting the other classes in, or how long it will be. Odds are they will become available 1 at a time rather than all at once since I believe that is how it was done on RU.

A dev was translated yesterday as saying we'd get them one at a time every 2-3 months but a Korean player said the translator was wrong and he actually said we'd have all of them in 2-3 months. The idea was to catch up to current Korea content asap.

No idea how legit that is but I'd agree since they dove into T3 instead of starting us at T1 for a bit.

How were the classes released in korea? Free but with cosmetics and/or boost packages at release?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

Decided to grab the gold pack because I am a sucker for all MMOs but the packs are no longer on the Steam page to buy :saddowns:

Yeah they went down when the game went live... or should have gone live. They did say there would be Newbie Packs in the store to replace the Founders Packs but they haven't spilled any details yet.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

So some questions about Lost Ark -
1 - Are names unique to characters (like most MMOs) or unique to accounts (like Destiny)?
2 - Are names one word like WoW or name/surname like FFXIV?
3 - The game seems pretty alt friendly but are alts required? Am I going to have a bad time if I just want to play one class?
4 - Bard seems like the biggest weapon you can put on a lady?

Ugh their name rules are the worst.
1) unique to characters and I think its across the whole region not just the server.
2) one word, 16(?) characters, no spaces, no capitalizations, nothing fancy
3) alts aren't required but they help to funnel stuff to your main. The idea is you play 2 alts every couple of days and get 2.5 characters worth of progress instead of 1 (one char only) or 3 (going ham on all 3 daily). You get 2 free 50 boosts immediately just for making it through with one character, then you can further use some boost system to level up another alt for every 2 characters you level up manually. I heard that in Korea and Russia they tend to hand out or sell boosts when the new classe are released also.
4) shadowhunter has big weapons too, and lance master will have a big spear when she comes out.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I thought this game launched today, but steam says it hasn't. When's it launch?

2 hours ago, plus whenever in the nebulous future that Amazon Games Service gets its poo poo together.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Substandard posted:

I was absolutely shocked and digusted that there was no boob slider at character creation. What kind of KMMO is this?

One of the devs cranked it to 200% and it got stuck in that position.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Not good enough, I demand they triple our founders packs (so that I don't have to decide between the skins I want).

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

They say they're giving us 3 days of crystaline aura as compensation. What's that do?

Kinda bummed that I won't be able to play at launch, but not unexpected for an mmo.

It's their version of a sub/vip status. Worth about $9 a month I believe. Unnecessary conveniences that get better the more you actively play.

Benefits:
Crystal Benefactor Title applied (While benefit lasts)
Daily Rapport Action tries increased by one try
Life Energy natural recovery amounts +10 percent
Ocean Liner fee is 50 percent off (travel between continents since you can't fast travel that far)
Song of Return Cooldown -50 percent
Stronghold Action Energy basic recovery amount +10 percent
Stronghold Crafting time -10 percent
Stronghold Dispatch time -10 percent
Stronghold Research time -10 percent
Stronghold Training Grounds Ultimate Stress Buster unlocked (XP Gained Per Minute 7,000)
Triport fee is free (Fast traveling)
Usable Bifrost slots increases by two (you can set 3 home points to teleport to, rather than just 1)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Since I can't be a big sword dommy mommy, I feel like the three classes I want to try are Sorceress, Bard, and Shadowhunter. But I can't decide which to start with.

I got bard to 18 so far and while it seems fun enough, the Sorceress I made last night was hilariously fun immediately obliterating all the baddies around Anduin after skipping the tutorial. Definitely noticeably more firepower and visual flair. Shadowhunter does have the demon stand and is supposed to be brain dead easy button mashing in dungeons and raids, which is tempting also for learning the game. My bard just got a huge channeled laser beam, and I'm getting used to comboing her abilities. I've cast my heal/damage buff maybe twice.

I'd probably just boost the bard. Only reason to level a support the long way is if you really like their style/effects and want to learn all their abilities as you go. Though bards mash G just as fast as everyone else.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I did a character re-customization, buying the ticket to do so from inside char creation after using the button they have for it on char select. It didn't take. I googled it and saw other people had the same issue and customer service was having people verify their installation files and print their dxdiag... when those didn't work they told them to email customer support.

I tried doing it again and it still had my ticket unused, and it worked the second time. Just a heads up in case anyone else rushed through char creation and wants to change it now.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Bummer, how much was it? $ or in game currency?

600 royal crystals (I think that's the non-blue ones). So around $6 USD.

To be clear when it didn't work the first time I went back in and still had the ticket I bought so I didn't spend any extra. The first time you go in it says you have 0/1 customization tickets and will have the option to pay for it inside. The second time it said I had 1/1. You can go in, mess around, then back out without paying as well.

You can also go in on your current character, save their customization to one of the slots for that, then back out, then you can load the customization on a new character elsewhere.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 14, 2022

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I clicked on a link from google that was supposed to show which northern skin color goes with which letter and the website was one paragraph saying "Unfortunately the skin you will get is random, so good luck!"

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Carmant posted:

Is there a way to find the seeds without just stumbling upon them randomly or scouring the edge of every map? This isn't like Korok seeds where the locations are telegraphed to some extent and getting them often involves some actual gameplay (a short little puzzle or challenge). To me it just seems like a poorly designed time sink. I do like the little side stories in the adventure log that you have to discover yourself, but you also barely get rewarded for doing those. If each one gave a huge chunk of exp or something so you could bypass the god awful, mind-numbing questing that would be cool.

Without a guide you pretty much have to hug the edge of every map watching for the green leaves and for spots that might lead to them. There are seeds hidden behind breakable walls, unobvious paths leading offscreen, and also behind solid looking brick walls that you can simply walk through a la old final fantasy and zelda games. Like at the back left corner of the chapel in Prideholme.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

BadLlama posted:

So far Sorc has been the most fun for me, but as someone said, there are a billion of them running around.

What classes are we missing that other regions have? Is Priest a thing?

Male warrior with a 2h hammer
Male gunner with a drone pet and smgs
Female summoner from beta/og Korean release
Female martial artist with a lance/spear (fan fav)
Female assassin with 2 daggers

Female artist support with a paint brush

Next up female berserker version.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Jabor posted:

No.

The big pain is if you switch mains after investing a bunch of resources into your old main's gear and engravings, you're gonna have to replace those resources to get your new main up to where your old one was.

Anecdotally (I'm still in the 20s) the higher you get into the gear treadmill the more annoying and grindy it is to switch mains. I assume they'll do catchup systems later but its like if you had to gear up through vanilla and burning crusade in order to be able to play through wrath of the lich king.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Any opinions on Scrapper versus Wardancer? I had my sights on Scrapper because I love the look and the utility of stagger will eventually play dividends, but I'm in training now messing around and Wardancer feels great, the mobility is a real breath of fresh air after leveling Bard.

Wardancer has a crit buff groups love, I see her mentioned as semi-support with Gunlancer. Everyone has a group support buff or debuff but those two got special mention in every class vid I watched.

I haven't seen much on Scrapper aside from people here and in discord saying how much fun the class is.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'm not mad they're adding more raid content I won't see for months, but I am annoyed they don't just add in the rest of the classes already.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'm still leveling. I just log on, play for a while, then stop after a few rounds of questing. I imagine things will pick up when I do get to 50, boost some alts, and unlock stuff. I like the game just not enough to play every day and push through any faster.

All that said I just logged in after a week away from my PC and got some race event currency they gave away due to the time change issues. Can I use that in my 40s? I talked to a NPC in the first castle when the event was new and she told me to come back at 50. Just checking in case I have to use it before the next event starts.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

I don't know how to do that, but you can double tap a spell to cast ground target stuff rather then clicking with the mouse.

I just downloaded a small update but it looks like there's still no active login rewards? Are we still just in the grace period before a new one starts?

Yeah I forget how many but I missed a few days and will get the last one tonight. There are only 25 this time and I think you have 30-31 days to get them, or maybe 28 at minimum.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Anyone care to talk about what classes they are enjoying and which they aren't at this stage of the game?

I just hit the end of the 50 level several continent tutorial and unlocked my first power pass and a ton of other systems and am going to have to do some thinking. I started as bard at release which got really slow and boring in the mid-levels. I did like Arthetine and Vern. I'd been set on shadowhunter for my first power pass for the longest time but now gunslinger, gunlancer (Thar is the best and won me over on this even if he cheats and has a dodge roll), and wardancer are in the mix. I've got to pick someone for the speed pass too. I'm hearing shadowhunter as people are saying they are rough in T1 and T2 but get good in T3. I've been playing through the story super casually but I suppose I want to give this a solid shot and try to get some of the event and ark pass freebies before they go away. I might just get them all to 50 with the help of knowledge transfer too and mess around some before deciding.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks for all the class thoughts and advice, some interesting stuff. My main take away is not to sweat it too much as I'll get to try them all in the long run.

I've ruled out berserker because I watched a streamer play a lot of it. It does look fun but probably later on after I check out destroyer, since I'll only want to do one of those.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Thronde posted:

So I haven't played much and was saving my power pass for when Striker/Droneboi comes out, but launched it yesterday and decided I like the Glavier enough I was going to PP it just to say gently caress it and finally have a 50. It's gone.

Rip me. At least the gring isn't awful I suppose.

Cinara posted:

? If you don't even have a level 50 at all you can't use any of the power passes.

Yeah it has the big power pass button on your character roster screen from the time you first pick up the game, but if you actually click it it won't work. The first actual power pass will be a ticket you get in the mail after you finish the first bout of Vern questing for the elf queen, probably long after you get your first 50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Can anyone please confirm when this "week" resets for the battle pass left side goals? I think it was at 3 days when I checked two or three days ago but I forgot to look last night. I've been plowing through shushire trying to get my first set of gear before I do stuff like abyssals or guardian raids but I do want to try to get some of the battle pass stuff done before reset if I can.

I might have to hop on early and go hard tonight after work if there's still time.