Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Any chance they’ll have level boosts in the shop at launch?

I did 10-26 way too many times on RU in the last month trying different classes in PvP. I saved 30-50 for the NA release, but even then I’m not really looking forward to doing it more than once.

I’d love if arenas unlocked account-wide, but I’m happy to throw money at the problem instead if I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

FYI I just read that (on NA/EU) if you create a character and then delete it, the name won’t get released. Bummer since that’s exactly what I was planning to do — create all my characters and then go back and customize.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Akumos posted:

There are cash shop items to change appearance. If you're super serious about a name, you can spend a couple bucks to appearance change and lock a name asap.

I’m not super worried about it, but I would have been pissed if I made 6 mages or w/e and then found out those names are locked.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I’m going to play a Paladin (love 2 read books to my friends) but I definitely need a smash things class as well — leaning towards Berserker, but yeah shadow/demon hunter is really growing on me.

Why the hell are all the classes so good/fun??

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Similarly, the new artist class has an interactable portal, but also won’t be in for launch

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Zotix posted:

Not to mention you can cross server play for end-game content.

Oh, I hadn’t heard this. That is nice.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

doomisland posted:

i was grabbing it at 100MB/s so maybe I should delete and just DL it then. Took me maybe 11 minutes to download?

fwiw i started the download around 9 this morning and was maxing out at like 400k until this afternoon (shot up to like 15-20mb). i assume their servers were getting hammered in the morning and it sped up as other folks’ downloads finished?

if you grabbed it this morning and were getting those speeds then you’re prob fine, but just a heads up in case it’s slow as poo poo tomorrow morning too.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

So if I want to play a big sword lady, I'm out of luck, right? Only men are allowed to have big swords?

Right now, yeah, but they announced lady berserker at their last big event. So, someday!

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

So all the advice from the big nerds is to skip side quests and only do the main story quest, but I decided to just do all of the quests as I'm roaming around this time and it feels...way smoother? The whole map feels really pointless when you're just running from one side to the other to press G a bunch, but doing all the side quests I'm seeing mobs and places I never noticed before, and I feel like I'm leveling up more frequently (even if this is technically slower in the long run).

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Rotten posted:

Is there a deconstruct/disenchant skill? Or should I just vendor all my old gear?

There's a Dismantle button on the bottom left of your inventory.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

Cross posting from the discord:

I am torn between warrior classes: I would pick Paladin since everything feels like it flows good (at least from the tester), but I do not want to be pigeonholed into support, at least yet. Gunlancer is second in that it flows pretty good, but the skills in the tester feel a bit...anemic? Is that indicative of the class or is it just a bit of a bad build? Berserker on the other hand gibs things real good but it just doesn't flow well, or at least as the other two warrior classes. So I am between Gunlancer and Berseker, so I want to ask, does Gunlancer get better about how powerful the skills are/feel? I do not care if it never gets to the level of Berserker skills, I only would like to know if it gets better

EDIT: Well, I spent way too long in the Tester area and I need to go to sleep soon, so, big gibs win out. Berserker for now, will play Gunlancer later.

Gunlancer has two main builds that I've seen -- one uses more gun skills (red), the other uses more shield skills (blue). I haven't played it at endgame, but I did take one to level 30 and spend way too long in the testing area where you have access to all the skills/stats/runes/etc. IMO the red build feels like it hits harder, because it's burstier and relies more on crits, whereas the blue build stacks flat damage and takes a lot of skills that don't really look like they do anything. Upside of the blue build is you can basically have 100% uptime on your shield and just not give a gently caress about a lot of boss mechanics.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Harrow posted:

4. Please tell me the endless NPC dialogue thins out at some point and I can just go fight monsters and do the fun part

I only leveled to 30 on RU but it’s the same annoying bullshit where you talk to this guy then go talk to the guy three feet from him. There are basically 2-3 cool things in the first 30 levels (but they’re really cool), and the rest is kind of a slog. I hear it gets better after that, but I haven’t gotten that far yet.

I’m a bit biased though because it did 10-26 a bunch of times trying different classes in pvp and it made me really hate those first few levels.

ghostinmyshell posted:

im playing as a mnk and im trying to understand combat, because it seems like the auto attack is completely loving useless and i should zip zoom around until i have an ability up... otherwise im animation locked getting beat on...

Auto-attacking regular mobs staggers them so they can’t attack. Generally what I do is run around and gather a few of them up then try to position so they’re all in front and getting hit by autos. That said, yeah your autos generally hit like a wet noodle.

MajorBonnet posted:

I don't play a lot of click to move games so I keep left clicking to attack instead of right, and of course that binding is locked.

It’s not intuitive at all but there’s a toggle somewhere in the settings to swap these (there also should have been a prompt to have you choose but there’s a lot being thrown at you at the beginning.)

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

The tripod stuff is really cool, and I love the way they can completely change how your skills work. It’s definitely fun to try all the different options, and you can probably level just fine without allocating any of your points, but if you’re like me and wanna murder poo poo as hard as humanly possible this site has good leveling guides: https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/build-guides/berserker-leveling-guide.

They’ve got a little slider that you can set to your current level and it’ll tell you how to respec for maximum murder. I don’t particularly care about leveling fast, but consolidating all my misc points into one hard hitting skill feels way better to me. Seems like the general strategy is to put points in random utility skills until you have enough to put 7 or 10 in a damage ability, rinse and repeat until 50.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

someone earlier in the thread says they've already shown off lady barbarians in some stream or another

like you said though it's a KMMO, so your definition of "Big Heavy Armor" might not be the same as theirs lol

This was the teaser image so I imagine it’ll be more similar to the Scrapper’s armor style than current Berserker.

e: I also wish for axes 😞

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Does anyone else feel like they run into poo poo more often than in other games?

I feel like I’m constantly getting stuck on geometry messing up my dodge and dash abilities. Idk if it’s because things aren’t as visually distinct or if there’s just way more rocks or impassable shrubs or w/e than usual. Or maybe because the maps are so narrow? Anyway, that’s my petty complaint. I’m just trying to walk around, man.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I’m not even 50 yet but gently caress this engraving system. I just wanna be enraged all the time but I can’t click these blue books because I already clicked some green books? or something? This is so frustrating.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Lima posted:

I think you have to click 20 green books first, so just save the blue ones for now.

Seems rude of them to give me 15 of one type from a quest and 5 of another type and then be like heh those don’t work together idiot

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

For anyone already at 50 — are there folks in the matchmaking queue for chaos dungeons? Like, I know that’s the easy soloable content, but even the leveling dungeons have been more fun in a group.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

I’ve never had to wait more than 30sec for chaos dungeon matchmaking at any item level so far

That rules, thanks!

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Finally hit level 40! I haven’t even gotten a boat yet because I’ve been picking up every single quest I come across. At this rate I’m gonna be 60 by the time I finish the story. I don’t know why I did this to myself, but now that I’ve started I can’t stop :ohdear:

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Ugh, I just googled and it looks like the islands are more press G to interact kill 3 dudes rinse repeat type content?

At least you only have to do 10-50 once I guess.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

junan_paalla posted:

Cool pro tip for characters who want their class engraving online quickly to make their build work: if you get it to 3 pips with the green books, you can equip it in both of your engraving slots giving you 6 pips in total and turning on the class engraving effect.

I watched multiple videos that talked about this but it still tripped me up and I almost burned more green books on the same engraving after I had 20 (it prob wouldn’t have let me — I hope) because I was like ahh poo poo that only filled in 3 bubbles.

Madness/mayhem berserker is amazing and terrifying. They really nailed the feeling of being on the verge of death constantly but absolutely loving destroying everything you look at. 10/10

e:

Qmass posted:

anyone able to explain how the paladin combo skill executor's sword works ? first combo skill and it seems to be pressed twice but I can't figure out how that works.

Pressing it once does a knock up, pressing it again quickly does a second attack. You can also just hold the button down and it’ll do both attacks one after the other. Pressing multiple times is only useful if you need a slight pause (mostly in pvp), or because you want to quickly change the direction of the second attack.

Hefty fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Feb 14, 2022

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I put some of my founders pack crystals on the auction house to try and get some gold but so far no one is going for it. I assume lots of people have crystals but nobody has a ton of gold yet.

On the other hand, I realized that chaos shards are listable and I’ve been selling them for 1g a piece. Idk if I should feel bad about that but :shrug:

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Got an engraving stone with this on it. Completely loving inscrutable.

quote:

Sight Focus

Lv. 1 (Nodes 5): When "!!!!!" is outputted in normal chat, Sight Focus is activated for 6s. Once after the effect is activated, the used offensive skill's damage +8%. Only half of the effect is applied to Awakening Skills. Does not apply to Basic Attack. Cooldown: 30s.

vvvv lmao how is this a real game

Hefty fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 14, 2022

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I’ve heard people say the stronghold knowledge transfer is one per manually leveled 50 (dumb), and other people say you just need one level 50 to boost N other characters. Anyone know which it is in our client? Any other limits on boosting characters that way?

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

He explains the process in just about 5 min

https://youtu.be/D_KpDtZseT8

This was super helpful, thanks!

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

made it to level 50 (yay!) but just got to robot island so quite a ways to go (boo!)

steampunk zone is p cool though and really makes me miss scouter — hopefully they catch us up soon.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Servers went down while I was in the middle of the powerpass abridged story thing. I thought it’d be shorter — I didn’t realize you play through some of the cool parts of the story. Hope my character isn’t in some hosed up halfway state tomorrow.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

i'm sick of this narrow rear end bridge

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

filing the report as we speak, good luck idiot

:negative:

e: wait, you can change your pet’s name?

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I did my first chaos dungeons today and it was super fun just blasting massive packs of demons or w/e. They seem like they explode even more satisfyingly than the leveling mobs did. I’m pumped to try the guardian raids (those are the relatively easy ones, yeah?) and maybe poke my head into abyss dungeons.

I will more than likely be happy with my army of alts doing pvp and baby dungeons/raids forever. I have zero desire to do a frustrating grind just get punched in the dick by complicated mechanics I’m too old to really give a gently caress about.

I do kinda wish chaos dungeons weren’t ilvl gated though so you could do the Diablo rifts thing where you keep increasing the level until you get demolished and have to wait for your gear to catch up.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

But entries don’t count unless you win so give it a shot! You can also uncheck the box to harvest the guardian soul if you just want to advance without getting loot or using one of your entries

Ooh, good to know.

I just fought the battle bear, and it was really fun! Forgot to equip my flare and nobody else had one so we ran around a bit, but I got MVP as support, so that was neat! I missed every single Holy Sword counter, even with the lower charge up time rune, but trying to catch him without getting hit is funny.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Extra founders packs and some other random goodies coming Saturday.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/launch-week-player-grants

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

kliras posted:

Any reason for not using my green class engravings from my treasure chest things? At this point, as long as you know your preferred class and build, you might as well use them for it, yeah?

Still have to wonder how other people farm those things, I just happen to have them at this point.

Yup, afaik the only reason would be saving them for an alt.

Anyone know where you get more blue engraving books? Do they eventually drop from dungeons/raids or do I have to figure out these drat islands? I went to one with an event yesterday but apparently I needed some item that you buy with pirate coins or something. This game does such a poo poo job at explaining things (or I missed it because I’m so used to spamming G).

Also, how do you get your second awakening on boosted characters? Seems like I don’t have an active main story quest.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Ugh, I got sucked into the honing mini game after all (on my Paladin who isn’t even desperate for the primary stats) so I can go to that other continent and get the second awakening. Hopefully I can avoid the high failure rate levels though 🤞🏼

I love that I can do a couple chaos dungeons and a guardian raid and then queue up the second guardian raid to auto-complete in my stronghold and that’s fits about perfectly in the time I usually have to play.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Hammerstein posted:

Destruction bomb (Lvl 3 Weak Point) vs Scorpion tail - no more tip...

https://i.imgur.com/hWwffsD.mp4

this game is so fuckin cool

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

RisqueBarber posted:

hit 576 item level kinda getting burnt out. I thought id be most attracted to the pvp but it seems no one is trying hard in the arena

tbf apparently there’s a bug right now that resets your mmr when you log out (my win count goes back to 0) which is doing silly things to matchmaking

i know i’ll be taking it more seriously once my pve progression starts to slow down, but there are lots of shiny things to click at the moment

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Pragmatica posted:

i’m a sorc and play on 21:9. it’s a game changer as ranged. haha

playing on a 15” macbook pro from 5 years ago and it suuuucks. reading guides for guardian raids like “watch for when he raises his lil paw” okay lmao

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

What’s your favorite big numbers class?

I’ve been playing Paladin and blue Gunlancer and neither is scratching the big crits itch. I burned myself out a bit on Berserker and red Gunlancer hasn’t clicked for me yet for whatever reason (even though it’s aesthetically awesome), so I’m looking for something new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Whoreson Welles posted:

Not the biggest numbers but I’m levelling a Scrapper and she has a handful of “I press this and delete everything by punching or kicking the ground” moves and it feels very satisfying.

M. Night Skymall posted:

Scrapper's shock build has 2 attacks that are basically single giant hits(Death Rattle and Supernova), it's pretty satisfying.

Ooh, I’ve been meaning to try Scrapper in PvP anyway. Gonna queue up a boost.