Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Game is pretty loving dang good. It’s not hard but I still get caught unawares and get beat up sometimes (around level 25). People say it really opens up and gets a lot funner which sounds great since I think it’s already pretty dang fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I just plain love the combat so if endgame is in any way primarily combat-oriented I’m into it

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I want to play 3 classes: sorceress, wardancer, and sharpshooter (bow boi). I am not eager to do the 1-50 three times— how many battle pass boosts do I get if I leveled two of them to 50 and did all the story?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

What do you do at endgame? I assume it’s almost entirely dungeons and raids and a handful of dailies/weeklies?

Do dungeons and raids scale at all, a la Diablo rifts?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

DurosKlav posted:

SERIOUS CUTSCENE

Me in my silly dog hat. 10/10 game.

:eyepop: wowza

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Is there any way to dress up or do you hope the clown suit that drops for you goes together

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yeah those weird blog word websites are extremely good at rewording whatever my search query was about a thousand times before I realize what’s going on

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Is bard good at all? It feels extremely anemic

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I wish there were elementless options because I like the aesthetic of the pink fairy magic

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

gandlethorpe posted:

There's an unreleased 3rd mage class that doesn't look heavily elemental. It's all about throwing magic cards or some poo poo. Looks pretty neat. Just wish it were available in dude.

Is there any info out there on the classes that aren't in yet and when they'll be available?

I think I’m going to save up my boosts for new classes. Excited for Girlzerker, which I think was supposed to come down the pipe soon or whatever

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Lmao that engraving totally rules

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The only thing I want is to collect all the skins for the classes I play. I don’t think I’d want to buy gear score.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Man Amazon just loving sucks

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Kaysette posted:

i mean, i agree 100% but it's not like the KR or RU versions are less grindy

I’m talking about the servers and the localization.

Though I guess if Amazon didn’t do it we couldn’t play? idk

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

VanillaGorilla posted:

I boosted a sorceress and now my Paladin seems boring :(

Paladins are always the most boring in any game. Lost ark’s is a better/funner version though, with the holy magic feeling like shotguns

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Harrow posted:

At max level for things like raids, people put up party listings rather than using the matchmaking queue, and will be specifically looking for a support for their group.

This is why I’ll probably boost a bard one day. There’s a shitload of sorceresses running around, I wonder what “roles” people will suss out for group play.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Bard seems worse to me. For me, boost is for something I don’t want to level up. Paladin at least feels pretty powerful.

I wouldn’t boost wardancer because, heck, I just plain like playing it.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

But otoh Bard is the #1 most popular class in Korea while Paladin is a distant #4 with less than half of its playercount, so I guess I'm missing part of the appeal.

There’s two of them actually. Paladin has a terrible aesthetic

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I thought its “1-h sword” was way too large but then I saw a berserker and lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

BadLlama posted:

Hmmm Smgs and drone pets sound interesting

All of those classes’ videos look loving rad as hell

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I wish I could do the thing that Path of Exile did: let you turn a piece of normal equipment into a cosmetic skin.

Like bad

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Nobody likes or plays wardancer it seems but I really like it. Is something wrong with it?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Kaddish posted:

No, not at all. It's literally one of the very best classes in the game.

Phew because I love it, not as much as sorceress but close. Between those two and the demon knife lady with the absurd weapons I got my 3 picks. I’ll probably boost a Bard one day too. Digging this game for sure, hope dungeons and raids continue to be fun and cool

jokes fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 16, 2022

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah there is just so much to do in this game and I love it because it hits the feel good spot in my lizard brain.

I fuckin love smashing the gently caress out of random idiots, and almost everything seems to be based around that which is nice

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Come to Una, it is extremely busy and world chat is always buzzing with a server-specific meme.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yeah I’m level 35 or so and I feel like I have years to go through the poo poo that people are steamrolling in a week.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I like world chat as innocuous background “noise”, and they don’t do politics or racism which is very nice. The babe meme on Una is pretty cute too, some dude addressed a SO in game as “babe” but accidentally sent it to world chat so everyone has been kicking that can forward as a meme

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

explosivo posted:

I've been playing with friends in our own little poo poo guild so I just made a new chat tab with only Party chat, guild chat, and any /w's. I can still tab over to world chat if I want to see scrolling pages of gold farmers for a while but it's been nice pretending it's not there.

Yeah I did the exact same thing

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The gameplay loop changes a lot once you hit Vern and/or beat Shushire a bit later. Suddenly the main loop becomes about partying up with strangers and doing repeatable content like guardian / abyss raids instead of just following quest markers all day. Plus randomly exploring the sea for different island quests to get free loot.

e: woops thread was old

This is what I’m very excited about

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

kaaj posted:

I’m curious, and my google skills are failing me. Is there a list showing what was released when in the Korean version of the game? I’m curious at what rate and when the bigger systems were being introduced.

I havent even hit cap so I hope they chill

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I wish I could play Wardancer but not use the big gauntlets. Just let me use my tiny little fists like Soulfist.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hefty posted:

this game is so fuckin cool

My one big gripe is that the cosmetic system is extremely lacking. I have a set of normal leveling equipment that just plain looks dang cool but without a transmog system I feel extremely held back.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

e: wrong thread

jokes fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 21, 2022

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think Vern is the “basic” fantasy land and Luterra is the prologue.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I’m taking my time and I’m at like ilvl 340 or so and I feel like I am severely behind.

I’m not going to do anything about that because I’m having a lot of fun just lazily doing story quests and doing fun dungeons (holy poo poo I love chaos dungeons) and raids and islands and junk.

If the first raids are anything to go by I think I should play Bard

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I assume the game is still stupid popular in Korea right?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yeah Guardian Raids, no joke, are a straight up Monster Hunter fight. It even has you manually do a special action to harvest the dead monster.

Sometimes you feel bad for slapping the absolute gently caress out of the monster. Sometimes.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It’s lost ark because were finding arks. Or maybe they’re parts of an ark. Whatever it’s not last ark, the arks (ark?) are/isn’t disappearing they’re being lost.

But not lost like you lose money, the ark (or arks?) is here. Well, not here it (or they) needs to be found.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Chaos Dungeons are the exact moment when I said “yeah this game really is an absolute blast” and really inspired me to take a deeper dive into other endgame content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I really, really like the look of a lot of the leveling gear and I think it's a little absurd you'll never get to wear those skins at endgame