Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lost Ark is finally coming to the west with an official English translation, after MMORPG fans BEGGED for this game for years. It has been super popular in Korea, and Russia for the last 3 - 4 years now. Amazon Game Studio is bringing the game over here with an official Steam release. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1599340/Lost_Ark/ They have founder packs as well and pre-orders get to start playing February 8, everyone else will be able to play for free on February 11. The game will have a cosmetic cash shop at launch. The gold pack is considered the best value for founder packs https://store.steampowered.com/app/1656221/Lost_Ark_Gold_Founders_Pack/

:siren:Something important to realize about Lost Ark, is that this looks like an action RPG like Diablo and Path of Exile, but it doesn't really play like one.:siren: This is very much an MMORPG first and foremost. You are meant to make characters and stick with them for a long time. There won't be any seasonal ladders and restarting characters, or worrying about builds. This is a pretty common question about Lost Ark because of its top down perspective. But that view point is where the similarities begin and end.

Classes launching with Lost Ark Global Release:
https://hthgaming.com/blog/lost-ark-starting-class-lineup-7874.html
Warrior
Berserker
code:
Berserk Fury	        Infuse your greatsword to create Berserk Fury and deliver a powerful strike. Attack range and damage scale up with how much this skill is charged.
Strike Wave	        Concentrate energy on your greatsword and release it forward, cleaving the ground. This skill can be charged to inflict more damage.
Whirlwind	        Spin around with the greatsword to inflict damage.
Crime Hazard	Jump and swing your greatsword to deal damage and launch foes into the sky, then strike down to deal damage again and knock them down.
Hell Blade	        Thrust your greatsword into the ground, inflicting damage. Hold and attack to deal more damage. Hit this skill’s Perfect zone to deliver a finishing blow that inflicts even more damage and launches foes in the air.
Paladin
code:
Alithanes’s Judgment	Jump up and unleash a holy light that shines toward your cursor position for an attack that penetrates through even guardian monsters. Inflict damage on surrounding foes upon landing and create a barrier for yourself and party members.
Wrath of God	        Call forth the energy of sacred thunder into your weapon and deal damage to surrounding foes.
Execution of Justice	Hold your sword with one hand and quickly spin in position to deal damage to your foe, then perform a crushing blow that deals damage.
Law of God	                Summon a magick circle of light through holy scriptures. Texts made of infinite light swirl within the magick circle, dealing damage to foes for 2 seconds.
Flash Slash	                Slowly move forward and slash your foe 7 times.
Gunlancer
code:
Charged Stinger	        While in a defensive stance, focus energy and thrust your spear in front of you. You can slowly change the direction of the attack while focusing energy. Damage increases the more you charge up the attack.
Leap Attack	                Leap toward the target location to strike at the ground, inflicting damage.
Hook Chain	                Throw a long chained hook to deal damage, then pull that foe to you to deal more damage.
Guardian’s Protection	Upon using the skill, recover 100% of your shield meter and release a 10m radius protection aura in the nearby area for 10s. Foes within the aura take damage and become stunned. Within the aura, you and your party take less damage and become immune to pushes and debuffs.
Fire Bullet	                Perform a shelling attack at foes at close range, dealing damage.

Martial Artist
Striker
code:
Tiger Emerges	                Advance forward and inflict fire damage, then perform a upward attack for additional damage.
True Heavenly Awakening	Gather powerful energy in your legs from a wide trajectory before kicking 2 times to inflict damage and send foes airborne.
Storm Dragon Awakening	Jump up and spin your body, then kick and inflict Damage on foes. Press the skill key again within 2 seconds to perform a knee attack that inflicts Damage. Press the skill key again within 2 seconds to perform a downward strike that inflicts Damage. The first and second attack will send airborne foes back into the air and the last attack slams foes to the ground.
Moon Flash Kick	                Charge forward while kicking, dealing damage. Follow up with 4 fast kicks, another spinning back kick, and a finishing blow that deals additional damage and knocks foes back.
Swift Wind Kick	                Deliver a spinning kick in the air, attacking foes 22 times to inflict damage over 2.5 seconds.
Wardancer
code:
Fist of Dominance	Use the power of elementals and release an energy field, pulling foes close. Fly past foes and attack up to 6 times while absorbing 6 elemental forces, inflicting damage. After the last attack, absorb the barren energy field and strike down into the center of it, inflicting damage and knocking foes back. You receive less damage from incoming attacks while flying past foes.
Advent of the Phoenix	Focus your fire energy and soar into the air to land at a cursor position. Inflict damage as you come down and upon hitting the ground, knocking foes down.
Flash Heat Fang	        Throw multiple punches to inflict damage, followed by a more damaging finishing blow.
Lightning Kick	        Deliver a flurry of kicks that inflict lightning damage, and strike down at foes causing more damage. Downed foes are lifted off the ground, and airborne foes are slammed onto the ground for additional damage.
Triple Fist	                Violently swing your fists forward and damage foes.
Scrapper
code:
Mysterious Art: Blast of Ruination	Focus your mind and reinforce your gauntlets to deliver a powerful strike. Gather the energy in the air onto your gauntlets and thrust forward. The ground cracks, dispersing an energy wave, knocking foes back. The damage of the wave decreases with the distance it travels.
Crushing Smite	                Launch up to 3 shockwaves in front of you, dealing damage.
Undefeated Dragon King	Concentrate energy throughout your body and deal damage at your cursor position while moving toward the target location. Two black dragons emerge from the ground and fly alongside you, obliterating your target in tandem.
Chain Destruction Fist	Smash the ground to shake the earth. You attack foes up to 4 times, the damage radius increasing with each hit. The last strike will knock foes back.
Death Sentence	Release all condensed shock energy, dealing damage and knocking foes back. The damage increases with the amount of shock energy you have.
Soulfist
code:
Annihilating Ray	Gather energy and shoot an energy ray forward. Hold the skill up to 1.5s to damage foes up to 5 times. Afterwards, a friendly soul appears to lend you energy and hurl an even stronger blast that attacks and damages foes in front of you for 1.2s, knocking them back. If you stop holding before the meter is maxed out, the soul will appear and attack foes instantly.
Heavenly Squash	Drop a massive palm at the cursor position, inflicting damage. Foes already down on the ground or in the air take an extra 30% damage.
Magnetic Palm	Jump forward and inflict damage 3 times. Smash the ground with your palm and draw foes near while inflicting damage. Release your palm to launch the pulled foes in the air for more damage. Hold the skill hotkey to send your energy into the ground for up to 1s.
Pulverizing Palm	Quickly dash forward, inflicting damage. Strike foes with energy-charged palms for damage and deliver the last strike to inflict more damage. The last strike inflicts 100% more damage on airborne foes.
Deadly Finger	Dodge backward and quickly thrust your finger diagonally at the sky multiple times, for 6 hits. Damage to airborne foes increases by 30%.

Gunner
Gunslinger
code:
Eye of Twilight	        Turn back from your closest foe, mark them as a dueling target, and apply the Eye of Twilight debuff on them, reducing your target’s move and attack speed. After 2s, fire with your revolver, damaging all foes and staggering foes with the Eye of Twilight debuff.
Last Request	Fires a powerful explosive bullet, inflicting damage and launching foes into the air.
Plasma Bullet	        Fire a plasma bullet that travels at a low speed while continuously inflicting damage.
Peacekeeper	Fire your handgun to inflict damage in front of you. As a combo, fire the handgun in a burst, then deliver a powerful kick, and then fire the handgun rapidly. You can change direction during the combo, and the first hit allows for a counter attack.
Hour of Judgment	Fire 3 bullets that spread in a cone-shaped range, with each bullet fragmenting upon impact and hitting foes behind the hit targets for additional damage.
Artillerist
code:
Missile Barrage	Fire 20 rockets in the sky. The missiles fly to the cursor position and explode, inflicting damage.
Buckshot	        Fire a conal blast with a shotgun, inflicting damage and pushing foes away.
Flamethrower	Fire your flamethrower in a single direction while moving freely. The flames last for a while, inflicting fire damage.
Gatling Gun	        Spin in the cursor’s direction while firing your machine gun.
Napalm Shot	        Detonate a napalm shell, damaging foes and launching them in the air. The napalm shell sets the ground ablaze on impact, inflicting fire damage every second for 5s.
Deadeye
code:
Bursting Flare	        Summon a large-caliber rifle and shoot 3 times. The first 2 bullets directly hit foes and create a rear blast along the trajectory that pulls foes in and inflicts damage. The last shot damages foes and knocks them down.
Meteor Stream	        Fire a volley of bullets to the sky, then sends them to impact at the cursor position, inflicting damage and launching foes into the air.
Spiral Flame	                Fire a powerful flame bullet, launching foes in the air, inflicting fire damage, and setting the ground ablaze, inflicting more fire damage over time.
Shotgun Rapid Fire	Fire the shotgun 3 times, inflicting damage with each shot. The third hit will push your foes and deal damage to nearby targets.
Death Fire	                Fire a volley of bullets at all nearby foes. Hit this skill’s Perfect zone to also throw a grenade as you jump backward, inflicting damage and launching foes in the air.
Sharpshooter
code:
Golden Eye	         Summon 4 golden hawks that fly around and create a devastating whirlwind that gradually grows stronger, damaging foes and launching them in the air. When the whirlwind is created, you become stealthy. Stealth lets you move past foes and is not canceled by taking damage.
Arrow Shower	Shoot multiple arrows in the sky, causing a shower of arrows at the cursor position, which inflict damage for 2s.
Arrow Wave	        Send a tornado arrow flying toward the cursor and periodically inflict damage to foes. The tornado arrow can hit the same foe up to 4 times.
Blade Storm	        Quickly spin and throw 6 blades, inflicting damage, then throw another round of blades to inflict damage 3 more times.
Charged Shot	Charge to inflict increasing amounts of damage depending on the charge. Also knocks foes away.

Mage
Bard
code:
Oratorio	                        Play the giant harp and sing with angels, inflicting holy damage in an explosion that decreases foes’ crit resistance and attacks against you and your party for a while.
Stigma	                        Cast a Stigma at the target location. The Stigma attacks foes up to 5 times. As the tempo increases, damage from each attack increases.
Rhythm Buckshot	Pull the string of the harp to blow up a musical note, inflicting damage and knocking foes away.
Heavenly Tune              Inflict damage on nearby foes and boost attack speed and MP regeneration speed for yourself and nearby party members.
Prelude of Storm          Play a powerful tune to call forth a storm that inflicts damage and stuns foes.
Sorceress
code:
Incinerate              Drop meteor fragments from the sky to inflict damage on enemies. A giant pillar then raises from the target area launching foes into the air and explodes dealing even more damage.
Frost Explosion	Frost bursts from the body dealing damage and causing Chill Status, reducing attack and movement speed by 60%.
Ice Arrow               Fire ice arrows, piercing foes and dealing damage. This also grants Chill Status slowing target’s attack and movement speed by 60% for six seconds.
Lightning Burst     Fire lightning to attack enemies. This grants Electrocution status, dealing additional damage.

Assassin
Shadowhunter
code:
Oratorio	                       Play the giant harp and sing with angels, inflicting holy damage in an explosion that decreases foes’ crit resistance and attacks against you and your party for a while.
Stigma	                       Cast a Stigma at the target location. The Stigma attacks foes up to 5 times. As the tempo increases, damage from each attack increases.
Rhythm Buckshot        Pull the string of the harp to blow up a musical note, inflicting damage and knocking foes away.
Heavenly Tune             Inflict damage on nearby foes and boost attack speed and MP regeneration speed for yourself and nearby party members.
Prelude of Storm        Play a powerful tune to call forth a storm that inflicts damage and stuns foes.
Deathblade
code:
Incinerate	Drop meteor fragments from the sky to inflict damage on enemies. A giant pillar then raises from the target area launching foes into the air and explodes dealing even more damage.
Frost Explosion	Frost bursts from the body dealing damage and causing Chill Status, reducing attack and movement speed by 60%.
Ice Arrow	Fire ice arrows, piercing foes and dealing damage. This also grants Chill Status slowing target’s attack and movement speed by 60% for six seconds.
Lightning Burst	Fire lightning to attack enemies. This grants Electrocution status, dealing additional damage.

There are other classes in the Korean/Russian versions too, and I think going forward the plan is to have all three regions get updates at the same time. The global release is going to be launching behind a bit I think in content? But the plan is to quickly catch up with Korea. AGS decided to delay Lost Ark for a little bit in order to make sure they launch with more content. The beta tests for the game so far have been fantastic, and the global release feels great to play. SmileGate is the developer, while Amazon is just handling the global publishing and servers. So all of those issues you saw with New World being an awful game to play, will not apply here. All of the updates and content are created by an actual competent MMORPG developer with a long history of MMORPG development.

-----

Goon guild organizing Discord: https://discord.gg/bs7NVYAek2

Pragmatica posted:

I absolutely despise Youtube "guides/tutorial" videos, so I will try to share a few good text guides when I find them.

General guides:
https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/
https://papunika.com/

End game prep:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19NIlKjBmG77KM74zc7uDQuJ5HPhSno6fLGqIsmFelb4/edit#gid=0

This is a "56k watch out huge" image, so I will use [timg], but it has a ton of info on it:

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Made a bunch of big changes to the OP, putting in more information about classes because there were a lot of common questions about abilities. Still need to make more edits fore readability.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Hey it worked for Tree of Savior.

Oh...no.

Hahaha oooh that game makes me sad. It's so pretty looking, the art style is perfect, but then you try to actually play it. :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I will probably just use the discord to coordinate with people. The guild system sounds like too much hassle because of the small size.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Game strongly encourages alts but but choosing that first character will be tough!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am going to go East Coast after all since the server ping is around 80 - 90ms, and that is where most of the goons are going to be playing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pragmatica posted:

a few people have mentioned that reddit and big streamers are planning on Azena right now, sooo uhhhh... not that one lol

probably after this weekend/next week, we will need to do some sort of poll to figure it out after more of the streamers and such make their plans so we can avoid the annoying population

Yeah I would recommend that we avoid Azena. Lost Ark is likely to be a game that big streamers don't just abandon after a week or two, but stick with for a long time. So certain servers are going to be jam packed. This is a PvE game too, so the server we choose to play together on is not that big of a deal. We can play on a small server and it's totally fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Orange DeviI posted:

Game’s banned in my country rip

Theres not that much nudity! :eyepop: and I think the global release removes all of it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When in doubt default to Pally.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hy_C posted:

Is there an updated invite link for the discord? The one in the OP is dead.

https://discord.gg/VRhDWUfZ

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There will hopefully be new packs on the 11th. But no confirmation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You can pretty much just roll your face over your keyboard and get through the game. I played with not even 50% of the game translated into english through Google Translate and didn't have any problems.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pragmatica posted:

one week, friends!!! :woop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maid posted:

For any west-coast-minded folks, Starfleet Dental is planning on having a presence on a west coast server. While not a goon guild, there are plenty of goons in SFD. Fair warning; the group has a pretty significantly different core culture than SA, tending to lean left and queer. If that sounds like a good time to you and you wanna play on west coast servers, you will be welcomed warmly at https://discord.gg/starfleetdental.

Starfleet Dental is a very good group of people. If you're on West Coast, I throw in my endorsement for playing with them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is there going to be a standalone client or will using steam be the only way?

Steam only, still better than the Russian release where it's published by an e-mail company and requires downloading a probably sketchy 3rd party app to run.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pragmatica posted:

I absolutely despise Youtube "guides/tutorial" videos, so I will try to share a few good text guides when I find them.

If you don't mind, i'm gonna go ahead and shove this guide into the OP for future reference.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

AFAIK didn’t they just fine tune the game so the most alts you’ll need is 6? This was done to counter gold inflation.

6 seems like a lot but with the passive training it wouldn’t be hard to get that many up and running.

Did Smilegate make it so when you pick say Warrior, you can switch between like Paladin, Berserker, and Gunlancer? Cause that would be cool. Otherwise I was planning on making a new character for each class, for a total of 15 right now. :P

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am leveling all classes to cap. :blastu: even if I have to play on different servers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PrinnySquad posted:

You can buy additional character slots on a server, you have up to 4 pages of 6 characters, so you can have more characters than there are classes atm in a single home, sharing all those server bonuses.

Thank you for the correction! Someone was saying earlier that the max cap was still lower than the number of classes available. Which seemed weird but I didnt bother to question it so that is on me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The short Twitch stream today to talk about Lost Ark launch next week, was very good. Lost of cool stuff coming to the game. Lost Ark Global is launching with Direct X 11 as well! It's a major improvement over DX10.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Carteret posted:

do you have a link to the VOD?

https://twitch.tv/videos/1285716923

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I had better directions in my previous thread, but it's very easy to play on the Russian servers yeah! The game is more up to date with Korea too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DurosKlav posted:

Servers are going to be so hosed tuesday.

Yeah, like any big MMORPG launches, I am expecting the servers to be hosed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pragmatica posted:

hype is reaching maximum levels! :woop:

23 hours to go! :woop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Here are the upcoming Twitch drops that go live on February 11th

My Twitch channel is a partner content creator with Amazon Game Studios and will have these enabled. https://twitch.tv/omgitsbees

Follow your fellow goons if you would like something smaller and more chill than the big time creators that will abandon the game by next week anyways for Horizon Forbidden West, and Elden Ring. Also be sure to follow our fellow SA admin, Pragmatica https://twitch.tv/pragmatica

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

sgbyou posted:

If I watch you folks will I get a sweet hoverboard?

I think for that you have to watch one of the big creators that is involved in the contest they are doing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

In case anyone hasn't been keeping up in the Discord, the US-East guild will probably not be on Regulos after all since Asmon commented on his stream today that he was probably going there. He also said he'd just pick a server at random at launch but between that and Regulos trending up to having the most guilds going there on various Reddit polls and stuff, so there's currently an ongoing poll to select a different server.

Yeah it would be a very good idea to avoid the server he decides to play on. Him and his community are toxic as gently caress.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tugboat Willy posted:

I'll miss launch by a couple hours thanks to work but I'm hoping to at least get some names I want. :ohdear:

I hope tomorrow is a bit more quiet compared to work today for me. Hoping to get in a little bit of play time during my work hours since I am at home, but I doubt that'll happen. I don't think i'll get to play until tomorrow night when I am ready to stream.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

ICR sent me, which means this game is doomed, but I'm gonna give it a shot

GOD DAMNIT!!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

queeb posted:

love you icr

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dynamite Dog posted:

Can someone tell me in globally understandable terms who the gently caress that is

Its just a friendly gamer goon inside joke. ICR has a history of backing games that fail really hard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ihmemies posted:

So uhh what's the actual point of paying for this game? Is there some kind of P2W elements or is it just like PoE that money buys you some skins?

The cash shop is just for cosmetics.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Google Butt posted:

so is this game good or nah

Game is confirmed really good. Played on Russian server way before Amazon picked it up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Burn My Dread posted:

For those not following the Discord too closely, US East goon guilds are officially going up on Una now, so be prepared for that.

Sounds good! I will be there.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

zhel posted:

Asmongold's stream is up and he's not going to Regulus according to his stream name. Found this funny. :P

And it's not so much too that his community is toxic, but more so that his community is so gigantic that when he picks a server to play on, its overcrowded and has long queues. So its best to avoid those servers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

6 minutes :f5:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am playing right now. Once you actually get the game launched, it runs just fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Game owns ya'll. The DX11 update is such a huge upgrade in frame rate compared to when I played on RU.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AtmaTheWanderer posted:

Well here's for crossing fingers this doesn't go as bad as New World...

... yeaaaah..

I promise this will not be New World. The original developer, SmileGate, is in control of all of the content and direction the game goes. AGS is helping a lot, but all of their feedback and changes have to be approved by SmileGate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The east coast goon server ended up being wild. I have a nearly 10,000 person queue right now.