Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose
I'll be starting as a Scrapper on whatever US West server the goonmind gravitates toward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

PrinnySquad posted:

Guilds start at 30 peeps but as you rank them up they hit 100 total, honestly not sure if any region will need multiple goon guilds, but maybe that's just pessimistic. ...

Goons and MMO launches, name a more iconic duo!

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Rexicon1 posted:

World of Warcraft

World of Whalecraft

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

I said come in! posted:

There will hopefully be new packs on the 11th. But no confirmation.

I can't imagine there won't be. The skins from the platinum pack are 3+ years old at this point and aren't as good as the newer avatars anyway. (exception being Paladin/Striker/Gunslinger)

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Mat Cauthon posted:

Going to pick up a plat founders pack today and get ready to warlord gunlance my way through some monsters and demons and poo poo.

Regulus is the chosen US east coast server, right?

Regulus East
Mari West

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

joepinetree posted:

As a sucker for peer pressure I am considering playing this game. Thinking of the MMOs I've played, I have a consistent preference: between powertech in SWTOR and Demon Hunter in WOW, we're talking very mobile classes with a satisfying opener (i love that crunch of first contact). From my 8 minutes of research, it seems that I should pick something like scrapper,beserker or shadowhunter. Would that be accurate?

Scrapper is probably the most mobile and all of the attacks feel like they have weight to them. Berserker is a little slower, but hits like an even bigger truck. Shadowhunter transforms into a demon. All three are very fun, and you should try all of them.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Gishin posted:

There a US West guild?

Yes, US-West goons are on Mari

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

bagrada posted:

I've been getting a ton of lag and rubberbanding. The enemies will freeze in place and my attacks will do nothing, then they'll snap to me and sometimes explode or sometimes I'd missed. I'll start climbing a cliff then get pulled back to the bottom and start climbing again. It happens on both East and West servers, morning and night. Is it a combo of my rural internet and early access servers getting swarmed, or is there something else I should look at? Last time I had it this bad this often was WoW's original release and everyone was complaining about it. Here I don't see many other people having any issues, just one german player on the EU servers.

It's still playable, I just wouldn't want to do group content with it, especially since I'm currently playing bard.

From the cloudping link earlier my ping was 20 to the east coast amazon servers and 60-80 to west.

Turn off area chat channel

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

shimmy shimmy posted:

How are people liking Scrapper,? Fist punching classes are usually my jam but I've heard some mixed reviews.

Scrapper is amazing, quick, only class with double dash, and hits hard

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

ColdIronsBound posted:

Mari according to the Discord

Yes, West coast goons are all on Mari

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Kaysette posted:

Not surprised that someone already took “Goonlancer” but my gunlancer alt is now back at square one.

stupid sexy gunflanders

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Hyper Inferno posted:

Ether Predator is a decent all around engraving, but it takes like 5 minutes to stack up fully and you lose all the stacks if you die. I've seen it pop up pretty regularly in budget engraving lists.

In other news, gold-crystal conversion rates are about to drop below 300 in NA West.

I thought i got lucky two days ago at 380... wonder why it's dropping so low?

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Hy_C posted:

The only thing outside the standard stuff is to do Anguish Island for the daily (it's not an Una). You get a key to run a dungeon on the island and it gives currency to buy leapstones and some engraving chests. Should take you maybe 15 mins in total to do the daily + dungeon.

ohh, I haven't done this. thanks for the tip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

SkyeAuroline posted:

Finally through Feiton and the story sections of this game continue to sap my will to live. Punika is all that's left, right? At least for now?

Yeah, just Punika and it's much quicker than Feiton.

Not sure if it was because of burning out, or the super grimdark edgelordness of Feiton, or because it's actually a lot longer than the other continents, but it definitely felt like it took the longest.