Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

"Jesus said, 'Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me.'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Scrotumger

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lets kill him

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I haven't looked up if he's dead yet so he's still alive in my reality

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

styls trill epic posted:

Do you worry that people might find it little strange.. that you understood the cat thing... In light of recent revelations....

No?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
they should ban him from twitter

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

styls trill epic posted:

Do you worry that people might find it little strange.. that you understood the cat thing... In light of recent revelations....

gotta say, it makes you think......

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

kntfkr posted:

I haven't looked up if he's dead yet so he's still alive in my reality

lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

styls trill epic posted:

This is the dumbest thing you’ve ever posted and that’s saying a lot

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

This is the dumbest thing you’ve ever posted and that’s saying a lot

yeah im not digging that and im usually on your side canpakes but like, thats not cool man im a dad and a drat good one

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i just killed schrodinger, my bad

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Im goin after his dick

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

In the underworld

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
lol

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Imagine being a pedophile, but at the quantum level.

No, don't imagine being a pedophile actually.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Quantum Physics is canceled. Newton was right about everything.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Schweinhund posted:

Quantum Physics is canceled. Newton was right about everything.

Newton never hosed anyone. A true role model.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Einstein looking up from the circle of hell where they keep the domestic abusers and yelling "why was everyone complaining about me, that guy was loving kids!"

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sid Vicious posted:

i mean i understand the concept of something only existing when observed but i feel like it only really applies to things on a subatomic level the cat was dead for sure
that's kinda the point

he was trying to say that it's stupid and crazy
we have instruments that detect the presence of subatomic particles, so, theoretically you could hook other machines up to do things (e.g. murder a cat) in response to whether those instruments detect the presence of the particle
the point of the thought experiment is that it's absurd to think that the cat is both alive and dead until you open the box, so what the gently caress?

iirc neils bohr had kinda the most "oh, duh" response, which is that you collapsed the wave function when you put an instrument which can detect subatomic particles into the box you loving twerp

as I understand it there's pretty much no reason to think that the "observer" in quantum physics means "a human being looking at it" and not "any physical phenomenon whose current state is contingent on the state of the particle being definite"
which seems pretty reasonable to me and I have no idea why einstein and schrodinger were being such goddamn babies about it

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Cubone posted:

that's kinda the point

we have instruments that detect the presence of subatomic particles, so, theoretically you could hook other machines up to do things (e.g. murder a cat) in response to whether those instruments detect the presence of the particle
the point of the thought experiment is that it's absurd to think that the cat is both alive and dead until you open the box, so what the gently caress?

iirc neils bohr had kinda the most "oh, duh" response, which is that you collapsed the wave function when you put an instrument which can detect subatomic particles into the box you loving twerp

as I understand it there's pretty much no reason to think that the "observer" in quantum physics means "a human being looking at it" and not "any physical phenomenon whose current state is contingent on the state of the particle being definite"
which seems pretty reasonable to me and I have no idea why einstein and schrodinger were being such goddamn babies about it

thanks cubone that makes a lot of sense, you have a way with words that makes me, stupid guy, able to understand

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff, but those balls are also intangible waveforms. quantum physics works the same way

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

kalel posted:

imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff, but those balls are also intangible waveforms. quantum physics works the same way

Are we talking about testicles here or...?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sid Vicious posted:

thanks cubone that makes a lot of sense, you have a way with words that makes me, stupid guy, able to understand
that's very nice of you to say, I'm a stupid guy too

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Anyone know any other famous celeb paedos? I've been racking my brain but I can only come up with Schrödinger and that bear off Rainbow.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Prole posted:

Anyone know any other famous celeb paedos? I've been racking my brain but I can only come up with Schrödinger and that bear off Rainbow.

if youre serious almost all of them

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Sid Vicious posted:

if youre serious almost all of them

I'm rarely serious tbh.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Prole posted:

keanu

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

nooo

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

this makes the schrodingers cat reference i wrote in a poem to my partner a couple weeks ago a little awk

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Worf posted:

this makes the schrodingers cat reference i wrote in a poem to my partner a couple weeks ago a little awk

im sorry

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Scroteinger. :balldo:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Worf posted:

You can save face by crawling backwards out of the bedroom while meowing.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cubone posted:

that's kinda the point

Lol @ subatomic particles. Like what the gently caress is a subatomic particle even? Give me a grant for some bullshit fraction plus fraction equals one poo poo dumbass university. :downs:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
In front of you is a crate, in this crate are Erwin Schrodinger and a young girl, until they are observed they are in a superposition of molestation

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
thte tought experiment is dumb

Why are scientists so dumb? Also pedos?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Lol @ subatomic particles. Like what the gently caress is a subatomic particle even? Give me a grant for some bullshit fraction plus fraction equals one poo poo dumbass university. :downs:

the really interesting thing is that they're numbers

each particle corresponds to a field that extends through the entire universe. a field is mathematical object that assigns a number to every point. when the number is high at a specific spot, we see a particle there. ultimately everything is just mathematics, some mind boggling complex systems of which can feel consciousness, and, in the case of Erwin Schrodinger, young girls

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Applewhite posted:

In all fairness he wasn't a pedophile until they observed his diaries.

drat

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

BigBadSteve posted:

You can save face by crawling backwards out of the bedroom while meowing.

i have always regretted not being able to see the expression on the other persons face as this was happening

what was that goons reason for doing it, i remember it was to uh.. i think, avoid embarrassment on a date as you intimated but im trying to think of what would have been the worse option to take

this seems like a way funnier idea for a thread than the time the internet was scaring cats with cucumbers tbh

also

quote:

Applewhite posted:
In all fairness he wasn't a pedophile until they observed his diaries.

youre on a roll tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

can we just simply rename the cat?