Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Even apart from the moral issues with how they got to this point, it's just gonna be a huge eye-roller to have a new Scream movie where they just unceremoniously drop everything they've been building up in the past two films. All of that Billy Loomis stuff, just completely gone and they're going to expect audiences to hand waive that away and get invested in some totally new story related to Sidney. It's all pretty embarrassing and the best move would've been to just let Scream go for a few years and then present Neve with a good script like 5 years from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
They might as well bring Stu back at this point.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The opening scene is probably going to be a Stab sequel with actresses who look vaguely like Barrera and Ortega.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

live with fruit posted:

They might as well bring Stu back at this point.

I was going to say, it's got to be a nailed-on certainty that negotiations with Lillard are happening as we speak.

Basebf555 posted:

Even apart from the moral issues with how they got to this point, it's just gonna be a huge eye-roller to have a new Scream movie where they just unceremoniously drop everything they've been building up in the past two films. All of that Billy Loomis stuff, just completely gone and they're going to expect audiences to hand waive that away and get invested in some totally new story related to Sidney. It's all pretty embarrassing and the best move would've been to just let Scream go for a few years and then present Neve with a good script like 5 years from now.

:yossame:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
"There was an idea - Randy knew this - called the Stabvengers Initiative."

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I'm trying to think of some brilliant pun that relates "Diamonds Are Forever" and the Scream series but I'm afraid I'm not clever enough to thread that needle.

mutantIke posted:

Williamson directing but not writing is such a hilariously oddball choice

Seriously! :lmao:

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
And now Courtney Cox is in talks to join Neve Campbell in Scream 7.

If they're this desperate for casting after dropping the leads for the new trilogy, how bad is this one going to be that they have to bring both Neve and Courtney back?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cox never left, she was in the last one. I mean, her part was totally unnecessary but she was in it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Scream 5 was pretty fun I thought. The problem that Neve had was they didn’t pay her enough.

But this movie will probably stink because they course corrected too quickly which probably lead to a messier story.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
It should be about like a Ghostface cult or something, and you give Neve a few months of Keanu-style John Wick weapons training, then make it an action flick where she mows through a thousand Ghostface thugs.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
They should expand on Sidney Prescott, Ghostface hunter from 5cream. Turn her into a full on action hero.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

There's an article here about Melissa's firing with some talk about the Radio Silence guys here: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/melissa-barrera-interview-scream-firing-jenna-ortega-friendship-1235860455/

The Radio Silence guys had planned on doing the next Scream movie after making another movie called Abigail, but the producer, Spyglass, wanted to put out the next movie sooner. The Radio Silence guys joke that they were "exited" from the series. Reminds me of the passive language often used in large layoffs. "suffers layoffs", "reduced headcount", "restructuring" etc.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Basebf555 posted:

Cox never left, she was in the last one. I mean, her part was totally unnecessary but she was in it.

Yeah, I liked seeing her in the last one, but they could have left her out and it would have been fine.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Jolo posted:

There's an article here about Melissa's firing with some talk about the Radio Silence guys here: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/melissa-barrera-interview-scream-firing-jenna-ortega-friendship-1235860455/

The Radio Silence guys had planned on doing the next Scream movie after making another movie called Abigail, but the producer, Spyglass, wanted to put out the next movie sooner. The Radio Silence guys joke that they were "exited" from the series. Reminds me of the passive language often used in large layoffs. "suffers layoffs", "reduced headcount", "restructuring" etc.

"When asked if she and Campbell had spoken about her return, Barrera pauses before declining to answer."

:yiikes:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't think I am going to see the next Scream in theaters lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

"When asked if she and Campbell had spoken about her return, Barrera pauses before declining to answer."

:yiikes:

Idk could go either way. But I’d imagine she doesn’t want to gently caress up Campbell’s career too by saying literally anything.