Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Seeing the extremely weird dude here compared to the general horror thread is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Pretty sure most of us couldn't care less about Hamas getting it's poo poo wrecked.

The genoicde of the Palestinian civillians on the other we do not want to happen.

It should not be wrong to say that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Well this convo sucks. Move on or let the thread go dormant until the next spooky phone call

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Ortega is out too
https://deadline.com/2023/11/jenna-ortega-scream-departure-melissa-barrera-wednesday-1235634200/

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Talk about fumbling the bag lmao (paramount I mean.)

(Though reading between the lines, Jenna strikes me as kinda over Wednesday now)

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Stab a knife in it (repeatedly), this franchise is done.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Time to start planning for the next reboot/requel for this franchise. :v:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Maybe Randy built a robot version of himself.

In space.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

SilentChaz posted:

Time to start planning for the next reboot/requel for this franchise. :v:

Eli Roth’s Scream

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
congrats to jasmin savoy brown, the new star of scream

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I hope she drops out too

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
New scream movie is just a one man play featuring a ghost face.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 23, 2023

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Snooze Cruise posted:

congrats to jasmin savoy brown, the new star of scream

This is Cuba Gooding Jr Jr erasure

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/scream-7-eyes-neve-campbell-patrick-dempsey-to-return-1235805929/

:laffo:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

fart blood posted:

This is Cuba Gooding Jr Jr erasure

Let my bi darling Chad be the new star.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

They're just writing anything now haha.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
That Patrick Dempsey's so hot right now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He was fun in Thanksgiving with his bawstan accent

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Opening kill should mimic the first Scream, just some girl home alone. Then the parents show up too late and it's Sidney and Mark.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

clown shoes posted:

Opening kill should mimic the first Scream, just some girl home alone. Then the parents show up too late and it's Sidney and Mark.

The opening kill will be Sam and Tara with stand-ins.

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 23, 2023

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

live with fruit posted:

The opening kill will be Sam and Tara with stand-ins.

It will be literally Poochie saying “I have to go my planet needs me”

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Producers are already desperate to save face on this thing if they're talking about bringing Neve Campbell back. Next they'll say Dewey's still alive and just faked his death.

Scream 6 was pretty fun but it's obvious that the studio just views it as a franchise to milk dry, there's no actual interest in the talent attached to it.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I doubt Neve comes back after how they treated her in the 6 negotiations. But money talks.

Unbelievable how they had a hit fall on their laps like this, with having a new young star in their series completely on accident but they still managed to fumble it in the end with all this Melissa Barrera poo poo.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

At least we won't get any more Ghost Dad.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

clown shoes posted:

or maybe it’s all ghost dad

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

clown shoes posted:

um... that was awesome

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Bill Cosby will be in the next Scream, unless he does something controversial.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Jenna Ortega reportedly walked from Scream VII in part because she wanted a bigger payday:

quote:

On Nov. 22 came the news that Barrera’s onscreen sister, Jenna Ortega, had quietly exited the franchise months earlier. Scheduling issues were cited, but sources say Ortega — who has skyrocketed from child star to supporting player in last year’s Scream to the A-list thanks to her turn in the Netflix series Wednesday — asked for a bigger payday for the seventh installment, commensurate with her status. Unlike Barrera, sources say Ortega had no deal in place.

Ortega had been paid in the six figures for her previous installments, but her team now wants projects with significant paydays, something that the Scream franchise is not known for. Sources say she was seeking high seven figures and anticipated that Spyglass would balk.

Spyglass head Gary Barber is known for his shrewd business sense or for being cheap, depending on what side of the table you are on, multiple sources say. The studio had already lost Scream stalwart Neve Campbell over a salary dispute for this year’s Scream VI, with the actress saying at the time that she “couldn’t walk on set feeling undervalued.” Many predicted that film would fail without its original star, but it ended up being the biggest movie in the franchise since the 1996 original. Barber’s apparent takeaway is that neither stars nor large salaries are essential. “He didn’t need Neve, he doesn’t need Jenna,” says one insider.

Scream VII was to have been the end of a rumored trilogy focused on the two Carpenter sisters. Even after Ortega departed, it wasn’t much of a pivot to refocus on Barrera’s more prominent character. But with both actors gone, restitching from whole cloth seems necessary.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/scream-franchise-jenna-ortega-melissa-barrera-1235683989/

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Given they famously tried to lowball Neve Campbell, I believe less that she demanded it and more than they probably tried to talk her down and she told them (rightly) to cram it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
drat, how much do they pay these people? i guess all the screaming must be a bitch to do as well.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Given they famously tried to lowball Neve Campbell, I believe less that she demanded it and more than they probably tried to talk her down and she told them (rightly) to cram it.

I mean this is kinda how it works when you're a rising star actress and you have a management team. You have a certain quote based on where you are in your career, the amount of money your team feels you can command, and you're not going to go below that unless there's some compelling reason to(like maybe you really want to work with the director, or it's a potential Oscar winning film, etc.).

I don't think I can possibly be less interested in the Scream series from here on out. As least for now, maybe in 10 or 15 years new people will be involved and they'll bring Neve back for one last run.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I actually quite enjoyed Scream 6, but given how much of a shitshow this has already been, I can live happily just swerving the gently caress around 7.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Yeah, I actually quite enjoyed Scream 6, but given how much of a shitshow this has already been, I can live happily just swerving the gently caress around 7.

If they make a sequel that ignores several of the previous sequels, it would follow the traditions set forth by Halloween and Friday the 13th.

edit: Scream: Season of the Witch. No Ghostface. Instead, a cult unearths a new Easter Island statue... in the Florida Keys. That's right, tropical Scream.

Jolo fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 30, 2023

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

SilentChaz posted:

Jenna Ortega reportedly walked from Scream VII in part because she wanted a bigger payday:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/scream-franchise-jenna-ortega-melissa-barrera-1235683989/

Also of note in this article is Barrera was fired like a month before the news broke.

I think the Palestine stuff was an excuse and they just plain didn’t want her.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jolo posted:

If they make a sequel that ignores several of the previous sequels, it would follow the traditions set forth by Halloween and Friday the 13th.

edit: Scream: Season of the Witch. No Ghostface. Instead, a cult unearths a new Easter Island statue... in the Florida Keys. That's right, tropical Scream.

Tropical scream is just I still know what you did last summer minus a who doneit and Jack black

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Nothing could possibly go wrong on the Stab theme cruise line.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The next Scream should be a Stab movie.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Spacebump posted:

The next Scream should be a Stab movie.

It'd be slightly lovely, but I could get behind a Stab version of what they'd have done for the finale to these three films.

Not that they had anything properly planned, let's be really here.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Actually get Rian Johnson to make Stab 8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Tropical scream is just I still know what you did last summer minus a who doneit and Jack black

I don't think I've seen the sequel since I was a teen. In my head it's in the northeast but that must be wrong.