Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I have some anecdotes of stuffed animal injuries that I hope will balance out the cruelty we're seeing from It Takes Two. I've had some of my critters since childhood, including Jaws and Stripes here respectively.

Kid NGDBSS had a bad habit of swinging Stripes around by the tail. Over time the tail got more and more loose until it broke clean off, and I was rather embarrassed. Luckily my mother was able to patch things up with some thick black thread, and I felt chastened enough to stop inflicting injuries like that.

Jaws on the other hand just...got old. (As seen above they would be old enough to legally drink.) They ended up with some holes behind the dorsal fins and right pectoral fin - not immediately worrisome, but a problem in need of fixing nonetheless. As An Adult it was now my responsibility to perform surgery on my critters. The result isn't perfect, as you can see from the loose threads and exposed stitching in the first picture, but it's been effective nonetheless.

I feel like in a just world May and Cody would have decided to read a charming bedtime story to Queen Cutie instead of perpetuating this grotesque mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Thanks! In addition to those critters I asked my parents for a dogfish this past Christmas based on a local brewing company, but as it turned out we could only find a listing for an actual dogfish intended for dissection in a biology lab. Oof. Instead I went with Cassandra the tiger shark, seen podcasting here. :v: