Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Black Robe posted:

...Cody and May live together, are married, have a child, and this has been the case for quite a few years. How is Cody apparently completely unaware that May's job pays the bills? How does he not understand that she works because she has to? Did he think the money appeared from thin air and that was completely separate from her just wanting to work a lot for free?

That whole exchange would have been better coming from Rose, because small children often don't understand the whole concept of needing to work to pay for food and housing.

While I agree the way this game presents it is childish, of course something like this can actually cause friction. More on the level of "if your job requires you to be on the road so much, maybe it's better to look for something else to do?". But this game isn't very big on realism anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

The game definitely can be charming when you're not inflicting emotional abuse on children.

I feel this is the best summary of the entire game I've read so far.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry game, no matter how many cool sections you throw at us I won't forget the elephant torture.