Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
What do you need to kill Death btw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Man, Soulstone Survivors is great! Any tips re: what to unlock first or how to go about it?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

On a whim I tried Brotato and Boneraiser Minions. Brotato is pretty fun and I like how intense it gets but the Isaac-esque art is ugly as sin and sinks the game for me. Boneraiser though? holy moly that game just keeps unlocking systems and mechanics, played it for like 3 hours straight, it's amazing lol

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

yeah the necromancer's skellies are also very broken, but the golems are on another level lol

I tried pretty much every recommended auto shooter I've seen here and so far my favorites have been:

Boneraiser Minions - man, what a complete package. The game that keeps on giving. Can't recommend it enough.
Army of Ruin - pleasantly surprised with this one, lots of stuff to unlock and the challenge system gives you a good idea of what to do next to unlock stuff. Turbo mode feels like a must though. Seems like it's close to its 1.0 launch,
Soulstone Survivors - I think I prefer AoR a bit more atm but the sheer variety and potential of SS if they accomplish all they've set out on the roadmap will be astonishing. That said the visual effects can feel a bit excessive and I'd rather die due to an unseen attack indicator than go full transparency mode. Very franctic, even for the genre. I like how the new ascendancies are going even harder into making the classes different. A tad grindy though
Halls of Torment - still a bit early content-wise but the aesthetic is 100% my jam
20 Minutes Till Dawn - very little content in comparison to the rest of the genre but the reload system, the sound and the limited color palette really make up for it. Can't wait to see what the next big update looks like.

Rogue Genesia was also very fun, I like the sorta-FF spritework but part of the appeal of these games is the wide variety of starting characters and sadly Genesia has very little to offer in that regard. Nails the weapon upgrade absurdity of VS though!

As for unreleased games I want to try, Battle Grid seems very promising! I like how they combined auto battlers with auto shooters :v:

I also like how a lot of these games have much shorter runs than VS' 30 min runs, which is hilarious to say when people used to say the same thing about VS in comparison to other roguelikes.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

You may like Army of Ruin, it's visually pretty without ever going overboard.

Personally I like how frantic SSS gets but yeah the transparency slider isn't great as a solution

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

3 hours into Boneraiser Minions, I finalize realize you're supposed to hold down a direction for the super dash to work :downs: I assumed it was something like better i-frames or something

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Azran posted:

3 hours into Boneraiser Minions, I finalize realize you're supposed to hold down a direction for the super dash to work :downs: I assumed it was something like better i-frames or something

Here's another one: I've already beaten the game 3-4 times, unlocked every class, found every relic, etc. I JUST realized the chest icon on Boneraiser and Heroic Lore are actual skills you spec and not the respec button lol I was very confused why I wasn't getting the 'buy all level 1 lore' achievement. Turns out chests can actually appear on their own and you aren't forced to dig for them!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, go super heavy on the rerolls. Took me a bit to unlock personally

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Any tips for unlocking Midas in Army of Ruin? The later Ruin stages are murder and I'm not sure if the answer is 'grind more gold' or not
Nvm, complaining on the internet fixed it :v:

Now I just gotta finish Glacier and Shrine with a character that starts attacking vertically and another who only attacks to the left, respectively :argh:

Azran fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 17, 2023

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Will do, that one seems to be the easier of the two at least. I legit have no idea how I'm supposed to get 3 charms while using Kroat in Glacier, there are around 10 to 15 enemy projectiles at a time and that's not even taking into account just how tanky the enemies in that level are

Edit: Got Abaddon done, time to see how to get Kroat's done

Azran fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 17, 2023

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Couldn't find anything on this online so might as well post it here - I favorited Starshell, Necro Gauntlets and Wristband of Grudge. Starshell once upgraded does absurd damage, same with Brittle Stone (just so you get an idea, I upgraded Brittle Stone last, like 5 minutes after Starshell and it still did almost half its damage lol)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

New Boneraiser update

quote:

Welcome back wretched. :]

A new map of sorts has been added called the Transitory Elevator. It's basically just the Castle Conquest lift stage but can now be fully played in the other game modes too. The Conquest lift has had a lick of paint to differentiate them, and there's the usual Necrotic Skirmishes score related achievement.

2 new Big Bro minions have been added which you can raise in the usual way. The Big Chestibooty Bro vomits out various Gems and Coins, but also a small chance of a relic or spell scroll too. It also has a nasty bite with any meanies killed by it will also drop a Gold Coin. The Big Chupacabradabro will gift Occult Health and Bones when sucking on meanies, and against Beast meanies any bones they drop will become Big Bones too.

In the Crypt Hub there's now a peculiar basin just below your coffin. Interacting with it will bring up a menu showing all the game's achievements so you don't have to bother faffing outside of the game to see which achievements you have. The basin's fire size and colour indicates your achievement progress and you can access this menu from the Grimoire Compendium.

Fabellia now sells Crypt Paints which you can use to change the colour of your hub. There's also an achievement for nabbing them all.

8 new hats have been added: Nefarious Knight, Cruel Custodian, Shroomed Out, Muppet Mugger, Dung Eater, Wild Wolfy, You Are Here, Honest Holiness.

4 new Relics have been added: Occult Purse, Accursed Tome of Bonings, Accursed Tome of Antiquities, Accursed Tome of Sorceries.

With Goblusious you can now forget any Lost Relics you've researched, which basically just acts like a Giga Banish. The 3 new Tome relics have been added as Lost Relics so will need to be researched before they show up.

The Cyclop Exile class has a new meta called 'Hired Eyes', which when boneraising you might be offered to hire a Cyclops or Goliath Cyclopian mercenary minion chum in exhange for some Gold Coins. The 'Cyclopian Muggings' meta has also been changed so now Human enemies killed by your Meaty Club will also drop Gold Coins.

The Sprout Brotatoes class has a couple of new head related meta called 'Turnip Sprouting' and 'Eggplant Sprouting', so instead of sprouting a boomy pumpkin head he can instead sprout a turnip head (which boosts your spell casting power) or an eggplant head (which slowly gives Occult Health). Like the pumpkin head their effects will remain until you get touched up by a meanie. Another new meta called 'Brodacious Siblings' has also been added where Brozillas will no longer count towards the normal minion Bro caps so you can have some extra Bro chums. These replace the old Cultivation meta which just gave little boosts to some Bro minions so where a bit naff and easily forgotten.

A new rare traveller event has been added called the Master Baiter. As you can probably guess from the name he traps and tames beasts which you can then hire for some beastly pets.

A new contraption called the Bigly Burly Boulder has been added which reduces the Damage you suffer (this was mainly added just to spruce up the Ravine map).

A new slime enemy has been added called the Sumptuous Slimeous, whose a rather hefty slime that inflicts Occult Poison and dissolves into a Swollen Slime and 2 regular Slimes upon their demise. The Beast Whisperer class can also raise them where meanies killed by them drop gems.

The settings menu now has a separate Audio menu for the sound related options. A 'Master Volume' setting has also been added so you can quickly adjust all volumes equally.

Other misc stuff...
- Updated the "translation_reference.csv" file.
- Slightly reduced the pickup sound of Gold Coins and Gems.
- Creative Plaything: In the Necrotic Skirmishes game mode there's now a 'Bone Reduction' option which allows you to adjust the bone value reduction which gradually happens over time.
- If a minion's damage inflicts Meld Rot, then any meldus blobs created from that will be added to the minion's Damage stat (so for example the Mega Meldus Damage stat is more accurate).
- Giantous Sinner minion: They now also require a level 1 Skelly sacrifice to boneraise. He now lobs 3 bones instead of 4 when attacking.
- Megas Meldsumossous: They now have a Meld Rot aura. Slightly increased their Attack Speed.
- Magma Gargantuan: Their lava pools are now darker if you have the 'Declutter Floor' setting on. Slightly increased the Damage their Lava Pools do.
- Chupacabro minion: Increased the rate they give Occult Health.
- Traveller event - Beggar Seller: The chance of him selling a fake relic has been increased but there's now a way to spot the fake.

Some bug fixes...
- Crypt Hub - Boneraiser FM: When using full Mouse Controls clicking outside of the menu would cause a crash.
- Crypt Hub - Goblusious - Lose Relics: The Sinicious Ritual relic was displaying the wrong colour when locked.
- Gangly Grafted class - Giantraiser Minions meta: This was boosting the chance of being offered Big Bro minions.
- Sprout Brotatoes class - Raise Brospellious: Raising a Brozilla wasn't giving any spells.
- Colossal Tooth relic: This was boosting the chance of being offered Big Bro minions.
- Creative Plaything: The game mode mutators menu could have the wrong title.
- Fixed some spelling/grammar mistakes.

Enjoy! :]

:allears:

Azran fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 19, 2023

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

On that note, I've got a question regarding this game's UI. I noticed the gems around the coffin indicate whether I've bought all upgrades, defeated the King or the Queen according to their color. But on the map select screen the very first level has this:

I know the big gem on the left hand indicates a win on that map, but what about the gem to the lower left? Is that 'you filled all contraption slots'? Is there a gem on the lower right that I haven't earned too? What about the right hand, is it always empty?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

My personal favorites so far:

Boneraiser Minions
Army of Ruin
20 Minutes Before Dawn
Halls of Torment
Rogue Genesia
Brotato

Azran fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jun 20, 2023

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

What didn't you like about it?

Not OP but personally I find the art to be ugly and there is very little metaprogression in terms of unlocks in comparison to a lot of other games in the genre. Also stuff doesn't get absurd due to +500% Size modifiers, +75 Projectiles or w/e

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Fair, I only did one full run and I actually enjoy the moment to moment gameplay a lot, so good to know I only scratched the surface

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Pope Guilty posted:

Can anybody tell me what item I'm missing here? Can't figure it out.

Somehow, the regular rear end waxen peasant lol

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

When I’m playing as the vampire survivor in bone raiser, am I supposed to be getting hit to get the buffs? Or is it a touhou style graze system?

Yeah you want to walk into low damage meanies

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

I have stalled on this one. Just can't seem to be doing any progress after unlocking everything that looked like a useful power up and trying different minion combinations and even trying some of the enemy power ups to see if the extra resources from more enemies helped. Trying to get better at dashing and being able to see the enemy outlines helped to reach later waves, but not much more than that.

And I'm kind of losing interest because of that. After I figured out the initial growing pains with VS or Holocure I just could basically do any build with a little experimentation. With BM I'm completely stalled.

Help?

Enemy power ups are VERY important to reach later waves; the more enemies and waves that spawn, the more bones you get

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I have no idea how knowing that an item is an injoke you don't understand could be some huge deal that makes you not want to play the game tbh.

e: everything in VS proper is some italian word pun/joke and I only know this cuz my italian friend told me...didn't make the game somehow worse

Goons are old

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Reduce enemy HP to 10% in accesibility options, that's how I did it

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yet another Boneraisers update. New class (focused on Jesters), bunch of QoL stuff, new relics, new summons, etc.

quote:

Welcome back wretched. :]

All it takes is one bad boneraise...
I get comments all the time saying how the loveable Joker Jester skellies are your favourite minion ever. Well jester fans you're in luck for a new class has been added called the Courtier Clown! They are the most chaotic class to play having an aura that transforms nearby meanies and objects and get boosts for raising their fellow Jester chums. They have the unique ability to occasionally be offered to transform one of your own minions into a random other, though the cheeky little prankster also has a nasty habit of forcing you into an item choice you didn't choose (what a scamp!)

Jesters and transformations have had a few changes too. Level 3 Jesters and Deamonic Jesters now also halve the Health of any meanies they transform. All transformed objects now have a random cool down before they can be transformed again and meanies transformed will now retain their previous Blessing level.

New Game.. unforever?
Just a quick note that New Game Forever has now been renamed to New Game Plus. It's a much more recognised existing term and calling it Forever gave the wrong impression (since sadly nothing lasts forever).

Castle Conquest
This game mode now has the option of continuing a run into New Game Plus after you've pounded the Queen (respectfully). Since it's already a long game mode it cuts right to the chase so only has the 1 loop but in terms of enemy difficulty modifiers jumps straight to something more akin to NGP2. The Queen looks and plays out differently than in the regular mode too so overall it's all a more difficult challenge than Mausoleum Awakens (though is a bit experimental so the balance will probably need some tweaking).

The scene when travelling between stages is now different too after stage 11 and 12 and your minions are now shown following behind you.

Fresh Bone(r)s
You can now raise the Berry Bro's bigger brother, the Big Raspiberry Bro. He boosts both your Max Health and Occult Health by +66 and dishes out both Hearts and Occult Hearts when his head caplodes. Both of these Bros now also slightly heal you as they increase your Max Health and will also no longer be removed from your legion after they're finished boosting it so may still be useful as boneraise sacrifices (eg Destineous or Brozilla).

The Giantous Sinner now also has 2 new friendoes so there's now a Giantous for each attack type. The Giantous Gladiator is a straight upgrade to the Giantan Knight, while the Giantous Gianraiser can summon ghostly Barrow Behemoths and Miners (who can even rarely dig up Treasure Chests).

Crypt Hub
A new advanced bit of furniture has been added called the Magic Mirror (assuming you have the 'Hub Furnishings' meta at level 3). It allows you isolate certain features so each class can either use the default global pool or customise it specifically to the class. You can set this for the Architect Mode and the Giga Banishments, so for example you can have a particular Giga Banishment set up only for a specific class without it affecting the other classes.

Another new bit of furniture has been added too called the Memory Skull (assuming you have the 'Journal Gnoblin' meta at level 3). You can inspect it to have another look at the various run stats, minions, relics, etc, you had during your last run (it updates each Game Over).

A stranger has also been added who sits by the radio (assuming you have the 'Hub Buddies' meta at level 3) who buys and sells Clashful Cards (this is just a re-organisation of the old Card Shop).

The Goblusious's Lost Relic system has now been removed. I felt it's a pretty easily forgotten and uninteresting money pit, and was a shame the relic discovery grind didn't include the best and more interesting relics.

Can't wait to bury my face in that!
Giga Treasure Chests have been added (assuming you have the Bootiful Chest meta at level 3) which will occasionally show up in all game modes. They're much slower to unlock but the prize mega booty is well worth the wait!

Achievements
The usual 6 class related achievements have been added for the new Courtier Clown class. An achievement for raising a Diablos has also been added called 'Ultimate Deamonic Lifeform' since there was achievements for the other ultimate life forms (note this has replaced the existing 'Lost Relics Fulfilment' so you may already have this new achievement). And there's now an achievement for getting all other achievements called 'Boneraiser Minions 100%' in case you wanted to show off your boneraiser polishing expertise on your Steam profile.

New Gubbins
• Added 6 new Relics: Bakewell Tart, Flesh Cube, Blasphemous Trinket, Desecrated Rage, Desecrated Acuity, Desecrated Mysticism.
• Added 8 new Spells: Occult Pact, Blasphemous Prayers, Blood Moon Rise, Sacrificeous Brozillous, Summonous Wyrmous, Sanguine Pickaxes, Conjured Bounties, Day of the Dead.
• A new Visibility setting has been added called 'Minion Status Icons' which allows you turn off the status effect icons for minions (eg Haste).

Other misc stuff...
• If the last time you played was early-ish during Early Access then at game start it will now load in the old save file data and update it to the new save file format (assuming you don't already have a new save file).
• The "translation_reference.csv" file has been updated. Note many of the IDs related to the Spell Scrolls were mistakenly using a "Sl_" prefix instead of "SI_".
• Status Screen: The Run Stats screen now shows the current game mode and if it's New Game Plus.
• The Giantous Sinner and Magma Gargantuan colours have been adjusted so they're less confused with Deamon minions.
• Brodacious Brozilla minion: The chance of the Eggy form hatching Barrow Boners and Barrow Diggers has been increased.
• Deamonic Guard minion: Slightly increased the Damage his attack does.
• Eggy Bro minion: There's now a chance of it being a green egg, in which case it will always hatch into a Tamed Beast minion.
• Waxen Custodian: Increased the chance of them being offered for boneraise (most notably from a Soul boneraise). The level upgrades now require the sacrifice of a Peasant/Knight (instead of a Custodian so it's a bit less confusing).
• Jester's Delight spell: This can now also transforms Treasure Chests into another type.
• Drain Boner spell: This will now give a further random boost of Max Health (previously the amount was static based on the power level).

And some bug fixes...
• 'I Don't Even Know Who I Am' achievement: This wouldn't trigger as the Beast Whisperer class.
• Necrotic Skirmishes - Choose Map menu: Pressing Up when over the Accursed Cathedral would move you to to Fortuity Destiny.
• Boneraise Lore - Chi Chakra meta: The swirling sprite that shows below the player was affected was being affected by your Cloak colour.
• Boneraise Lore - Keepsake Key meta: This could start you with a Money Bag, and wasn't updating if you won a Mauseleum Awakens or Castle Conquest.
• Forbidden Elevator map: The Heavenly Vessels and Slime enemies weren't using their special spawning animation.
• Forbidden Elevator map: The Elven Wayfinder could still sometimes get stuck at the bottom of the level after attacking.
• Cadaver Coffin contraption: For the Doll Maker and Beast Whisperer classes it could give minions you haven't unlocked via the meta, and could give a Waxen Knight/Paladin.
• Boneraise - Seal: If you Sealed a Deamon minion but had reached the max Deamon cap then it may not Seal correctly (some classes have meta where some Deamons don't count towards the max cap).
• Boneraise - Bonebrobigly Destineous: The random minion it raises would ignore Banishes and if you hadn't discovered that minion.
• Deamonic Jester minion: He was only using his base transform attack once, which was also fully healing the transformed enemy and wasn't abiding by the transform cool down.
• Eggy Bro minion: There was a chance for it to give some of the ultra minions even if you have reached their normal max cap (eg it could give a Diablos even if you had reached the Deamon max cap).
• King Gigald: One of his attacks wasn't conforming with the 'Meanie Attack Outline' setting.
• Shade Mini-Boss: They weren't conforming with the 'Meanie Attack Outline' setting.

Enjoy! :]

Azran fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 8, 2023

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

oh god, they appear on the transition screen too :kimchi:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Nettle Soup posted:

It's a fun game but the info on it seems sparse. What does the Restless Monolith actually do?

It spawns blessed meanies - blessed enemies move faster and deal more damage but they drop considerably better rewards than a regular enemy. In general you want enemies to be blessed but it's very dependent on your legion's DPS - if you activate a Restless Monolith without good damage dealers or crowd control sources you're gonna get murdered pretty fast. Restless Monoliths are a bit of a hard sell while you're still unlocking everything since they take a hero's soul, but once you're done unlocking metas then it's a no brainer.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The one danger of playing too much Boneraiser Minions is that your brain will normalize the dumb rear end writing style. "Gemmy gems", "chesty", "mah head is feeling boomy", etc.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The best part is there is a toggle! It just disables the old timey speak rather than the quirky text lmao

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

New Boneraiser Minions update:

quote:

//some Castle Conquest changes and bug fixes
- Journey: The bottom path will now typically have slightly less of a Bone multiplier (since it typically has a higher Score multiplier).
- Journey: A Giga Chest special event has been added which just starts that stage with a Giga Treasure Chest.
- New Game Plus: The Queen fight will now have 4 Giga Treasure Chests (instead of 6 Treasure Chests).
- New Game Plus: During the second phase of the Queen fight at 50% Health she will now spawn 2 wall lasers which last for the rest of the fight.
- Being turned into a snowman was preventing the end of stage sequence from playing.
- Journey scene: The town background sprite wasn't showing at the end of stage 11, and some of the minions looked a bit weird (eg Potoussy Bro, Supermassive Slime).
- Queen fight: Her servo laser attack could remain after her first phase death.

//other misc changes
- The "translation_reference.csv" file has been updated.
- Improved CPU performance if you had a lot of Hasted minions.
- Hub - Memory Skull: This will now save the data to a file so the run data will carry over between gaming sessions. It will no longer show the Class Meta Summary (was a bit pointless).
:siren: - Hub - Goblusious: The base cost to Giga Banish items has been reduced to 111 (instead of 1111). :siren:
- Boneworld Challenges: Before starting a Daily Challenge a confirmation menu now pops up as you can now only start a Daily Challenge once (eg exiting to the Hub via the Escape menu won't allow you to restart it since starting the challenge now immediately uploads a score of 69).
:siren:- Doll Maker class: He can now raise the Kenshi Shinobi boss using a Hero Soul and sacrificing 2 level 3 Bowmen.:siren:
- Doll Maker class: Each of the towering minions that require a Hero Soul to raise now have a max cap of 3 (eg Lord of the Land, High Wizard, etc).
- Beast Whisperer class: Each of the minions that require a Hero Soul to raise now have a max cap of 3 (eg Werewolf Prince, Elden tree, etc).
- Clown Courtier class - Sticky the Stupendous meta: The frequency of the Minion Trick event will now slowly become less common (since there's less use for it late game).
:siren:- Brodacious Brozilla minion: He will now cast the 'Summonous Wyrmous' spell at the start of his Pumpkin form, the 'Abracadabra Hex' spell at the start of his Shroom form, and the 'Day of the Dead' spell at the start of his Zombie form.:siren:
- Brodacious Brozilla minion: If this minion was given via a special random event (eg hatched from an Eggy Bro) then it will now randomly choose the 3 Big Bros it adds to their max minion cap.
- Supermassive Slime minion: Reduced the chance for enemies it kills to drop gems (this reduction is also slightly increased for each Supermassive Slime you have).
- Sumptuous Slime minion: Reduced the chance for enemies it kills to drop gems (this reduction is also slightly increased for each Sumptuous Slime you have).
- Meaty Club relic: The swipe's collision mask hole has been filled in (enemies had a habit of not getting hit if very close to you).
- Blasphemous Trinket relic: Added a random delay to the initial spawn so a Heavenly Vessel doesn't immediately spawn on you.
- Sacrificeous Brozillous spell: This will now say what Bro minion was sacrificed.
- Bloodletting Marrow spell: This will now spawn a bunch of Bone pickups around you (instead of it just directly adjusting your Bone counter).
- Midas Touch spell: This will now spawn a bunch of Gold Coin pickups around you (instead of it just directly adjusting your Score/Coins).
- Boo/Pumpkin Haunt enemies: These will now always drop Gems instead of Bones.
- Treasure Chests: They will no longer spawn very close to Hero Soul pickups.

//other bug fixes
- 'Ultimate Deamonic Lifeform' achievement: This wasn't triggering.
- Hub - Memory Skull: The relic amount and description could be wrong. Selecting a spell would give a wrong description.
- The Fortuity Destiny class wasn't working correctly with saved runs in Castle Conquest and Mausoleum Awakens.
- Some special events that give/offer upgraded minions could give a minion that breaks the max cap (eg an Eggy Bro giving a Mighty Meldus if you had 1 spare Meldus slot despite needing 2).
- Some minion/relic abilities could trigger during King/Queen scenes (eg Miners could dig during the death scene).
- There was a rare chance a minion could spawn inside of terrain if you had a lot of minions.
- When loading a saved run in Awakens/Conquest it wasn't setting the correct Enboned Heart and Occult Purse relic cap numbers.
- Minions would sometimes do a jig on the spot if their idle spot was close to terrain (notably when Hasted).
- Mausoleum Awakens: When loading a New Game Plus run it may not load the correct map.
- Marshes of Madness map: It could spawn Zombies during special scenes (eg King boss scenes or Conquest end of stage sequence).
- Doll Maker class: Raising the Elven Wayfinder minion could sacrifice 3 Elven Enchantresses (instead of 2).
- Eggy Bro minion: They couldn't hatch into a Tamed Immortis Necarch or Tamed Supermassive Slime.
- Supermassive Slime minion: You would stop being offered it if you already had one.
- Ratty Orbica enemy: This wasn't conforming with the 'Meanie Outline' setting.
- Loot Box relic: This could give a relic over the usual cap if both of the relics chosen were the same.
- Fixed some typos.

FWIW the actual Ronin unlock seems to be two bowmen + a knight

Azran fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 14, 2023

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

HoloCure is legit amazing, what the hell. The stages are challenging, the weapons feel good, there's a huge amount of characters and each has unique skills and weapons and the dev is still planning on essentially doubling the current roster? wow

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

New Boneraiser Minions update, this time all about visual accesibility:

quote:

Some bits and bobs to help with visibility...
- A new 'Screen Saturation' visibility setting has been added which allows you to reduce the game's colour saturation.
- A new 'Screen Brightness' visibility setting has been added which allows you to boost the game's colour brightness (this replaces the old 'Light Mode' setting giving more precise control).
- Enemies will now show over the Darkness layer that surrounds the edge of the screen.
- The opacity of minions is now reduced the more minions you have (to a max of -25%). Note this modifier is multiplied by the 'Ghostly Minions' setting so is only really noticeable if you start with a high 'Ghostly Minion' setting.
- The opacity of regular pickups is also now reduced in a similar way as the minions change (this doesn't affect important pickups like Relics).
- The 'Ghostly Minions' and 'Ghostly Pickups' visibility settings can now be changed in intervals of 10% (instead of 20%).
- A tutorial ghosty has been added to the Hub just in case you missed the lamp shade's Visibility settings and to highlight some of the more important options.

There's a new summon and a bunch of new gameplay changes:

quote:

- A new enemy has been added called the Colossus Cyclops who is an even bigger brother to the Goliath Cyclops. They'll show up if you have a level 3 'Mount Eyeball Might' meta where their AoE ground pound attacks leave blazes of fire. The Beast Whisperer class can raise them by combining a Cyclops, Goliath Cyclops, and Hero Soul, and the Cyclop Exile class may occasionally have chance to hire one.
- A new Traveller event has been added called 'Hired Swole' where you can hire a Human meanie to join your legion.
- A new curse has been added called Sloth which just reduces all running speeds.
- Class Meta Summary: This now shows an extra line of text to describe more of the meta.
- Boneraise Lore - Diablos Incantation meta: You can now summon a Diablos at level 1. Level 2 now creates a lightning storm when summoning a Diablos, while level 3 also casts the 'Sinful Incitements' spell.
- Boneworld Challenges: When choosing a Challenge you can now press Down to view that Challenge's Class Meta Summary.
- Boneworld Challenges: If you're currently playing the Daily then the Quit Menu will now only offer the option to Kill Thyself (instead of also offering a 'Quit to Hub' and 'Quit to Title' option).
- Creative Plaything: A new Meanies mutator has been added called 'Meanie Drops' allowing you to turn off enemy death pickups (useful for testing stuff).
- Hub - Goblusious: The Giga Banish magic coins system has been removed (you now just sell Giga Banishes like any other meta).
- Behemoth Miner: Increased the boneraise chance of being offered one to 18% (instead of 15%).
- Magpie Monocle relic: It's ability to remove the border darkness has been removed (it just seemed to confuse people).
- Blooden Cloak / Jellied Eel relisc: These will no longer be active during boss fights (since your base Health regen is greatly reduced).

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

HoloCure usually gets an update every 4-5 months or so, right? Can't wait for whatever that casino is :allears:

Anyways, new Boneraiser Minions update. New challenge mode with a new boss, two new enemies which can be raised by the Beast Whisperer, harder maps give you a slightly better start

quote:

Boneworld Challenges now has a new challenge called the Fortnightly Challenge which resets every two weeks. Unlike the other challenges it uses the Mausoleum Awakens game mode instead of Necrotic Skirmishes but there's some changes so it's a real hard one to beat. The base difficulty is set to the equivalent of New Game Plus +1 and at the end the Princess awaits who can use both the Kind and regular Queen's attacks and uses the King's map modifiers too. There's no looping to keep the challenge short-ish. To help you on your way you'll start with some extra Skelly and Bro minions depending on the map difficulty, as well as Champions/Wizards/Flag Wavers/Treasure Chests/Giga Treasure Chests all spawn more frequently, and you even level up faster too.

Two new enemies have been added. The 'Gnoblin Lootas' stage now has gnoblin Bulok riders who are faster and tougher than regular gnoblins and their rider will dismount to still chase you when their mount is killed. The 'The Forest Is Alive' stage now has Blossom Dryads who again are faster and tougher than regular Dryads, can poison you upon touch and upon death sprout a poisoned Gem. Both of these enemies require the level 3 meta to show up. The Beast Whisperer class can also raise them so now the Gnoblin and Dryad upgrade paths behave like the Cyclop path.

//misc changes
- The "translation_reference.csv" file has been updated.
- Compendium - Boneraise Necromancy: Tamed minions that require a Soul to raise now have their own unlock hint text (so easier to figure out missed minions).
- You will now start with an extra Skelly minion or two depending on the map difficulty (the later maps were rough at the beginning).
- The 'Full Frontal Pickups' setting has been removed as it now always counts as On (improves visibility).
- Darkness vignette: Treasure Chests and VIP Pickups (eg Relics) now show over the darkness that surrounds the edge of the screen (improves visibility).
- Baronial Bastion map: When the gate has opened there's now an 11% chance a Human enemy will now spawn at the bottom of the map instead of the top (gets very congested at the gate).
- Gangly Grafted Class - Behemoth Friendship meta: Behemoth Barrowers now also won't count towards the Giant minion cap. The chance of the Barrow spawning as a Behemoth has also been increased to 20% (from 15%).
- Sorcerer Hollow class - Chestious Spellious meta: The scaling chance of a Treasure Chest giving a Spell Scroll has been adjusted (eg the chance when you have no Spells has been reduced but the chance when you have many Spells has been boosted).
- Tamed Chomper minion: Their contact damage now inflicts Hex on enemies.
- Watering Can relic: This will now also instantly regrow any contraptions when you take it.
- Sorcery Wand relic: Its max cap has been increased to 4 (from 3), and its description will now say how much of a boost it gives.

- Poisonous Seed spell: Instead of being instantly Poisoned when cast, the Gems that spawn will instead Poison you upon being picked up.
- Card Catcher spell: The secondary healing aspect has been removed (simplifies it and there's enough healing spells already).
- Blacksmithy Lackey meta: The starting Blacksmith will no longer sell a Bernard's Watch relic.
- Chomper enemy: They now cause Poison if they touch you.

//bug fixes
- Hub - Architect Mode: When moving a Treasure Chest to the same spot it would explode.
- Declutter Floor setting: Mud layers and their flames weren't conforming with this setting.
- Some events that give a random minion (eg 'Bonerous Destineous' boneraise) were only checking level 1 for purposes of Giga Banishes instead of the level about to be given.
- Brodacious Brozilla minion: If boneraised normally their Big Bro max caps were counting as double.
- Curse of Sloth: Birds were ignoring its slow down effect.

As always, great QoL improvements

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Bunch of people on the Steam forums are complaining the new patch made characters a bit weaker and leveling much slower. I hadn't really played more than a single run of HoT before this patch so I can't really say personally

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

How exactly do you kill 10k enemies in the Forgotten Viaduct in HoT? I had a pretty decent build going with the Archer and I barely broke 6k before the Hydra arrived. Also, they need to take damage down a notch a hit would do 70 damage but the consumables that drop heal between 1 and 7 hp unless it's a potion, and regen is a non-starter unless you ramp it to at least 2 per second. Enemies doing a lot of damage would be fine it wasn't for the absurd amount of projectiles flying around towards the end of a stage.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I find it very hard to care about the management aspect of the HoloHouse considering you can rake in crazy amounts of money playing AZKi or Irys

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Unless you're expected to go there with fully maxed out passives, I don't think it's actually possible to unlock the Sorceress in this patch lol

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Azran posted:

Unless you're expected to go there with fully maxed out passives, I don't think it's actually possible to unlock the Sorceress in this patch lol

Turns out I just needed to make a good build, who knew! :v: Got an absurd crit archer build that managed to finish 1.5 million damage on Splinters and Ringblade, 3 million on Transfixion and crit 50.000 times in one run all in one go lol Ended up with 7 million main weapon damage

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

New week, new Boneraiser patch. Newest feature is an Action Cam setting but I haven't tried it yet. Here's the important bits from the patch notes:

quote:

I also went through all the various Class Heritage meta adding numbers to a lot of their effects so you know exactly what their benefits are (eg so will say "boosts Attack Speed by +5%" instead of just "slightly boosts Attack Speed").

//misc changes
- Liche Necromancer class: A new meta has been added called 'Bone Banisher' which gives +1 minion Banish each time you raise a fresh Skelly minion you haven't raised before (useful for Banishing all those level 2 upgrades).
- Vampire Survivor class: Blood Invigoration meta: The Running Speed reduction when you have less than 50 Health has been removed (couldn't fit it in the new description).
- Sprout Brotatoes class - Brotraption Waterer meta: The contraption regrowth rate has been increased to +100% (the old +50% felt a bit naff).
- Imp Contraptineer class - Murderous Traps meta: The contraption Damage has been increased to +100% (the old +50% felt a bit naff).
- Behemoth Miner minion: When boneraising this item now won't be overwritten by a regular Giant or Behemoth Barrower offering.
- Tamed Werewolf Prince / Immortis Necarch minion: To boneraise these now require 2 of their base minions and 2 of their upgraded minions (instead of 3 upgraded minions, so they conform more with the other Soul minions).
- Boning Totem / Cadaver Coffin contraptions: These can now regrow after being used (though the regrowth rate is very slow so is only relevant if you have something like a Watering Can relic).
-
Card Catcher spell: This now works differently in that it now has a lingering effect based on the spell cast Power level and will turn enemies into either a Clashful Card for that enemy if available otherwise it simply destroys them.
- Curse of Wrath: When this curse is triggered it will also spawn the usual set of Bees from any Honeycomb Beehive contraptions.

Card Catcher keeps getting reworked lol Also goddamn that Beast Whisperer buff

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Did 4 million damage with the Norseman's axes and I was still 9000 hits short from unlocking the challenge lol Same with killing 5k enemies with the frost effect, despite maxing it out first Frost Avalance only did 800k damage and killed 400 enemies with the proc

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So God of Weapons came out. I picked it up on a whim because a negative review said it was a poo poo game in the same way Brotato was a poo poo game, and that sounded like one hell of a ringing endorsement to me! It's essentially an alternate take on Brotato. Just won my first run and here are some general observations:

- It's essentially a Brotato-like. There's a single map, five difficulty levels, rounds last between 30 seconds to a minute and a half, enemies spawn until the timer runs out. Stats are basically the same, weapon types have passive effects which are boosted if you wield multiple weapons of that type, etc. It's different enough that it's not an outright clone (and I prefer some of the stuff it does way better) but the inspiration is clear. It's NOT an Early Access game, which was pretty wild to see.

- The main gimmick is the inventory system - think Resident Evil 4. Leveling up gives you extra slots and weapons and items take up different amounts of slots. Items provide buffs or get buffed according to proximity (so for example a sword might get extra damage per sword in the inventory, while throwing daggers get extra attack speed per adjacent throwing dagger). The character I played had a 2x1 starting item that buffed attack speed of any weapon it touched. So in-between levels you'll be doing some mild inventory tetris to optimize bonuses and it's pretty fun (you can move a single item out of your inventory while shuffling things around).

- The shop works the same as Brotato and weapons have rarities but you don't improve them by buying multiples as far as I saw. There's a lot of items and weapons but cash isn't really an issue so rerolling is incentivized (the real limitation is inventory space). Some you unlock through metacurrency, others through challenges (which also give meta progression items).

- You have a dash like in Soulstone Survivors and later levels spawn enemies with projectiles or agile attacks but it doesn't get anywhere near as absurd as in SS in terms of required dodging.

- Meta-progression is very minor, it's akin to Battle Grid in that you have stuff like +1-5 to Melee Damage, +1 to starting item rarity, +extra gold, etc. Seemed pretty reasonable all considered, not an endless grind. The stuff you use to boost these stats is also used to unlock new items.

- There are 12 playable characters who each have 3 Aspects (which also change the skin of the character, which is a neat touch) you unlock as you complete challenges (essentially 3 different ways to play the character - the Knight for instance has a very 'starting hero' initial Aspect, but then he unlocks Weapon Master, which gives you bonus for having different weapons, and Eldritch Knight, which incentivizes you to use both melee and magical weapons. I haven't see all the aspects but if they're all this different it's essentially 36 playable characters.

- The graphics are cute, the in-game UI is serviceable but could stand to be improved (you have to click to see what a stat does for example, and it's not clear whether resources work the same as in Brotato). I prefer playing with the higher camera elevation, the default makes it a bit tricky to see whether I'm in range of an attack sometimes.

- Not that much variation in music, but what's there does the job.

- There's a few bugs with achievements atm - stuff triggering when it shouldn't and viceversa but I haven't noticed any serious bugs so far. The most egregious stuff is some of the UI choices they made wrt the inventory tetris, so hopefully they fix that at some point

All in all, pretty promising as a base product and I hope they keep polishing it as they go. It's $5 but they have a bundle with Soulstone Survivors available so it might be even cheaper that way

Azran fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 13, 2023

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

zoux posted:

How the hell do I get more bottles in HoT? The monster that spawns when you get the ribbon on the regular difficulty of the first stage used to drop them but it stopped doing that.

Play on Agony, you get tons more champions and they each have a chance to drop bottles. Since bottles don't use up the well you can easily get 2-3 per run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

zoux posted:

Well I must be getting real unlucky then. There’s enough bottles to max out all the potions, right?

Bottles aren't a shared or finite resource, yeah. Each potion type will get bottle drops for it until you can't have any more of that type (e.g only 3 Reverberant, 8 Oblivion, etc.)