Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Plebian Parasite fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

rule number 1 of the IZGC: No super hang on

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

gonna add all my imp zone pioneer ribbons to the trophy case as well :D

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

played around for a little while but quit once i realized that boots of lava walk had overwritten my boots of force. Gotta be more careful about looting I guess.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

goferchan posted:

Reserved unless someone would be willing to share one of their coveted Page 1 reserved spots with me.

yea sure I gotchu

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

gently caress, I died on my last life to the second bosses 'surprise', whatever, I'll beat the game first then come back for the other trophy

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

kickin a bat to death

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Joan posted:

Placeholder.

hey how far into chrono trigger are you

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

once i do a run through my opinion might change but the first level of vertical climbing on thin platforms while enemies spawn from above is tedious and not enjoyable at all. soon as i loaded it i instantly remembered turning this game off after 2 minutes and never playing it again like 20 years ago when i was going through nes roms lol

The first level is the worst, it's really a baffling choice. I don't think it's a great game altogether but the second and even third levels are a cakewalk compared to the first.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

picked up my win just now, first level really was the hardest, once you get a full equipment kit it's pretty easy.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

:D

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Trying to narrow down the game I would pick for the next round and ending up with a huge loving list.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Finished it off, had to walk back in forth in the hallway before the final boss for 5 minutes to get enough gems lol.

yep

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

if someone's choice is basically the video game equivalent of lutz picking blimpies then i say we fire them out the airlock and pick a different game.

*silently crosses Croc off my list*

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Axelay sounds dope. proto-Treasure game.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

It's been so long that I don't remember exactly how we picked games last time, I vaguely remember a twitch stream being involved

I think that was just for the reveal, we rotated consoles and used one of those survey websites to get the numbers I wanna say. It was open submission in recommending games.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

missed novel chat but the Master Blaster one was cool because it was made canon and the PS1 Master Blaster picks up where the novel ends.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

This is gonna be a rough week

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Ok, the sidescrolling stages aren't bad it's just the vertical stages that are kind of rear end.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

*slowly loading a revolver* hey joan, how're you liking chrono trigger so far?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

probably the hardest part of stage 3

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Trying to do a little a day, the fifth boss is a fuckin wall. lmao

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

how am I getting worse at this loving game lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

this happens to me all the time with games, I usually grab a pillow and scream into it and then get back to it lmao

Yea I'm doing better now, in the final gauntlet I think. 5th boss is a chump when you can finally read his attacks.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

2 separate times I lost entire runs on the escape sequence, but I managed to finish it. I am not doing the no continue trophy, I'm not even sure I can with how much I died to the last boss.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

thanks, I think you're right, game deserves about a 5/10. I really liked portions of it but the last boss is some incredible bullshit and losing 40 minutes a pop of playtime because the last boss enters its fourth form and just deletes you because you have no idea what to expect made me want to throw my laptop into a lake.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

playing lovely old snes shmups and slowly becoming lylepilled

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Kero Blaster fucks. I still need to beat Zangyou mode. That being said, I agree we need to stick with emulatable stuff.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I did like stage 3 with the sky pipes and the giant witch's hat

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The homing lasers looked dumb as gently caress

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Lol neat, pocky and rocky was on my short list of games I wanted to pick, now I don't have to :D

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

mycophobia posted:

ok im going to try again

godspeed gamer

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Oh god you reset the whole stage on game over

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

What's the end date for P&R? The 8th?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

yeah could you update the OP to add [Pocky & Rocky 2 (SNES) - 1994 - Deadline 2/8/22 11:59PM EST]

:tipshat:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Time to get this started