Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I've played through Zero Dawn twice now and it's in my absolute top tier favorite games of all time. I've preordered this and can't wait to play it. I started playing Nier: Automata last week and I'm hoping I can finish it before Horizon comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
man, I have a conundrum. I'm still playing Nier and enjoying it just got past the first ending and apparently there's a lot more game ahead and I don't know if I want to switch over to Horizon because I might not go back to Nier for awhile. But I want to play Horizon.

AAAAAAAH

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Finished the game on Sunday, full platinum and everything. Loved almost everything. Strike was the weak point for sure - never really got the hang of it, played it just to get the trophy and dropped it for good.

I did have a goofy issue in the last cauldron I did, the water one. I'm fighting the Tideripper at the end, almost had it killed, and it loving yeets offscreen for good. It looks like there's a common bug where Aloy does this, but for me it was the Tideripper, and I couldn't finish it off. I had to load from my save. Of course it was the one time my wife was watching me play, too.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Am I the only person that thinks the Quen are from Australia? I know culturally they seem to fit China more, but...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'm about an hour in but it's been about a year since I beat the game and I don't remember any of these weapons in my wheel now

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I just beat the Theme Park Level and have one question - are the five collectibles all in this location or are they spread out across the island?

I'm really enjoying this DLC. I forgot how much fun some of the combat is. I killed a Specter with one shot after hitting it with acid. I've been farming Slaughterspines and Dreadwings for their materials.

The only weird thing was the main bad guy having a gigantic head and hands for some reason. Like comically huge. What the gently caress.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 27, 2023

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Just beat Burning Shores. Overall definitely worth the money, tons of fun. I'd give it a solid 8/10.

Now to 100% the DLC. I don't know how to grapple strike. Is that something that I just forgot how to do or is this something new?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Medullah posted:

It's a skill point you take with the new DLC. When you knock a machine down you can jump and you'll get a prompt to grapple, when you do Aloy will rocket towards them, bounce up and you'll get a prompt to dive down. Pretty cool looking, great for when something is shocked and you're not sure you'll make it in time

Ah poo poo, I just spent all mine too. Guess it's time to find the rest of those dino figurines.

Edit: i had it and didn't even know it. Trophy obtained.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 1, 2023

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Falukorv posted:

Usually those early quests with powerful heavyweight machine bosses are nerfed. For example the shellsnapper and thunderjaw from the relatively early Burning Blooms and Thirst of the Hunt sidequests have significantly less HP than they do in the wild. Heavyweight machines are often nerfed in later quests as well. It would be cool if we could get unnerfed versions of the same machines in NG+ quests, some fights that felt like a struggle in a first playthrough with lesser gear become very anticlimactic in ng+ as they go down quick after getting hyped in the cutscenes. Even in UH, i could take down the (midgame spoilers) Broken Sky tremortusk in literally 2 shots with Irivs after freezing it + valor surge.

I was kind of wondering this. In the amusement park I killed a specter with two arrows - one corroding and then a regular one just destroyed him. I didn't remember them being that easy. The Apex Slaughterspine didn't damage me at all. I just shot at him across the map and he cowered in the corner like a little bitch. The normal ones I found in the wild were always more difficult.

Then again I'm using an elite weapon fully leveled up (Gravesinger's Lament) and an elite outfit almost leveled up all the way (Quen Marine). And I'm a level 62 now... so maybe I'm just doing so much damage that big monsters are easy now? I mean, I have been farming Tremortusks and Dreadwings for their sweet materials lately, and I kill them so quickly that I'm usually not even taking damage.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

theCalamity posted:

The Ethics of Knowledge in the Horizon series

https://youtu.be/al-yQ6YC2po

I love that she repeatedly references Le Guin's Left Hand of Darkness. This is good stuff.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I'm legit sad to have 100%'d the DLC. I have nothing left to do. I even went back and did the arena, and now I've just been walking around killing apex slitherfangs and tremortusks for fun. I don't even need their stuff anymore, I'm just doing it for the sport.

I hope there's one more DLC for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Olothreutes posted:

If you turn on auto-pickup your rock count will skyrocket. I have like 600 something of them.

My issue with the ui is that I can't use traps without putting them on the menu, and that you can't remove food. Let me use those things from my inventory.

Today I learned that you can autopickup rocks.

I only ever really use rocks and mounts. Health potions if I'm desperate. I basically never press the down button unless I want to fly somewhere.