Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Grand Crew is pretty funny so far in season one. it has carl tart and Nicole byer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I liked it okay but the comic book in the show was off-putting and pretentious and the whole show was about the comic book or something idk. I liked the parts about living on a hobo wagon

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

My wife recently watched the series with me and we had to download them

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Some TVs have audio compressors on them too. Look for a dynamic audio setting

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I’m just going to keep enjoying the media I enjoy

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

The new boba fett episode was sweet

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

mcmagic posted:

All of Us are Dead is another pretty good Korean show on Netflix. It's not going to be the same kind of hit that Squid Game was but I'm always down for original zombie content.

You know a show is kinda meh when BY FAR the best episode of the season is basically an episode of another, better show (that the titular character doesn't appear in) lol
Lol it totally was just a regular good ep of mando

When are the rude scooter teens coming back

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

What should I watch next

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I’m on board but kinda loling at them shooting Netflix ads in the middle of filming their movie scenes

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

the last boondocks was just, god awful

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

is billions worth watching? I just want some giamatti in my life. help me thread

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

started watching reacher, its cool. I liked the movie but I like the characterization on the show better. maybe I should read the book

edit haha he's doing the thing where he guesses every aspect about someones life at themselves based on ~details~ I love it

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 4, 2022

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

god reacher is utter trash but I can't stop watching. I love how they get into brutal fights with strangers all over town every episode with no repercussions lmao

theres all these fake feeling unearned sentimental moments too lol

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Reacher is pure shlock and I love it. It’s like a Clive cussler level Mary Sue character

Good show to recommend for your boomer dad

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 5, 2022

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Is it funny
I want to watch something funny

I liked search party but it was funny in a way that made me feel gross

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I love grand crew so far. It has Carl tart from comedy bang bang. It’s loving stupid lol I love it

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

For wat

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Ugh fine I’ll watch u 4 e ah

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Let Reacher play in the background this morning and I'm a little disappointed. Too many situations where Jack's impossible strength, competence, and wits are less important than his impossible luck.

South American special forces who hold you at gun point within arms reach instead of like 10 paces out? Come on now.

You’ve got me monologueing again you sneaky devil

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Awesome write up! Glad you liked sunny it’s been one of my favorites forever

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

i got bored and turned it off

peacemaker is nuts, love it

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Kimi sorta reminded me of devs. Not in the philosophical side but more on the creepy uncanny silicon valley startup culture side

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Dollface is kinda cracking me up. I'm on the episode where they have a magic show pool party and its making me laugh a lot. reminds me of man seeking woman, same kind of surreal but funny takes on millennial social problems

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Finished Dollface. There were a few repeat story beats from season one, mainly that characters insecurities prevent them from being honest with eachother and then they make up by the end of a 2 ep arc. Feels like forced conflict when the characters should grow into new challenges. Not that they didn’t grow tremendously (over the few episodes we got) in other ways. So maybe it’s just a limitation on the medium. Maybe better as a book?

Anyways it did not feel not as fresh as Man Seeking Woman did at the time. Mostly comparing humor style and subject matter here

overall the cast nailed it and the jokes were funny

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

precision posted:

well, i think this already happened. specifically in the 00s. you had bands like The Darkness, who were jokingly saying "actually hair metal was good", and also bands like The loving Champs who were sincerely playing metal in an indie rock context, with song names like "Thor is loving Godlike".

around the same time i recall the college station in Knoxville had a hair metal show that a buddy of mine did, and it was by a large margin the most popular thing on the station. i believe it was just called "the cock rock hour" and it was almost all hair metal.

i think something that everyone figured out back then is that, there really just aren't that many hair metal bands who were "genuinely good".

Haha I used to dj that station as a student

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

It definitely gives me Louie vibes

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Yea you don’t really have to hate on ghosted it was already cancelled. I like it

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

im trying to watch the kings man

its not very good

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I liked free guy lol

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I wanted to like it more than I did. The hobo traveling wagon stuff was cool

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Really enjoying somebody somewhere so far. Small town slice of life dramedy on hbo

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I'm watching Yellow Jackets, still not sure if I like it or not yet. am on episode 8 lol

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Nihonniboku posted:

Oh come on. You're telling me you didn't love the scene with Christina Ricci busting into Juliette Lewis's motel room, knocking her out of the way, and doing all of her coke herself? I saw that clip on twitter, and knew immediately I had to watch that show.

yeah that part was funny. I don't hate it I'm gonna finish it

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I'm going to watch season two of yellowjackets but I already think I know what they're going to do with it and its gonna make me mad they're going to do the thing where the occult poo poo isn't real magic and it was just a bad guy or whatever and then explain how everything that seemed like magic was just a coincidence or something

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Ok so I watched uuhhh the detectorists again it was super good again

Some other stuff idk it was forgettable. I’m halfway thru bond it’s getting boring

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Coming 2 america. It had really high production value and then like idk somehow felt cheap

Some good laughs

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

Severance is super good and also extremely unnerving. Today’s episode (4) was intense but in the way being diagnosed with untreatable anal cancer is “intense”. The intro is beautiful and the theme is nearly Succession-level good. hosed up, recommend.

ooh i just saw the billboard for that didn't know it was out already

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Righteous gemstones with a very strong finish. Good season

Watching this flag means death now, its what we do in the shadows but with pirates. So amazing basically

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

ill watch it]

I love adi shankar stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

reacher can also absorb bullets i think. he has a lot of powers. think i might do a rewatch

smackfu posted:

I know it’s for story reasons in Reacher but that amount of murders in one small town would not stay a small-town investigation. Especially when it’s most of the police force!

lol yeah I cracked up at this almost every episode. the local hospitals would be completely overwhelmed