Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Yellowjackets has a great soundtrack too love they had a Portishead song that wasn't Roads or Sour Times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Makeup is one thing but Colin did an amazing job changing his voice too no way anyone would know that was him. The part where they shove the pictures of the guys rat eaten face at him and he's like "whoaaa what're you showing me ovva eya!" had me busting up.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

And I'm your host Nick lachey, obviously. but that goes without saying. Really I don't even know why I'm telling you that because you all remember me from whatever I was medium famous for 20 years ago. You know who I am. Oh yeah and thats my wife stacey, whatever. Wave at the camera stacey.

He's really only famous for being married to Jessica Simpson and they had a reality show people only watched cuz she would say the stupidest poo poo.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
The first season ended, it was wrapped up, no where to go from there but they did it anyways. I don't even want to use the term "first season" because it was clearly supposed to be a one and done. Forcing a second season only undermined the greatness of the show.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

precision posted:

The Gentlemen got added to Netflix. it's Guy Ritchie trying real hard and mostly succeeding to recapture that Lock Stock/Snatch magic

It's worth a watch just to see Hugh Grant's character.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

david_a posted:

I needed something wholesome to watch and Paddington 2 (HBO Max) delivered. I remember being more delighted by the first one, but that might just have been because I wasn’t expecting much from it. If you haven’t seen either, they are completely sincere & utterly charming fantasies where everything turns out wonderful in the end if you’re just nice to people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vm6Oj-k3vg

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I haven't seen the new season yet but did see a clip of Jibaro with no context and was like, is this some indian movie I have never heard about and where can I see this?

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
My interpretation is that Mikey was laundering money for the mobster uncle then when he died the uncle couldn't find the money cuz Mikey hid it in the cans so it became a 330k debt.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

wizardofloneliness posted:

If anyone watches Sex Education, the actors who play Lily (the weird alien girl) and Ola (Lily’s gf, Otis’s ex-gf and kind of step-sister) have announced they’re not coming back for season 4. I don’t think they’ve officially said season 4 is the last season but I sure hope it is. A lot of the cast’s careers are taking off, so I’d expect them to lose even more if they make more seasons. I’m sure Ncuti Gatwa is going to be busy as Dr. Who and if he drops out they might as well just cancel the whole thing.

It's not going to be the same without someone to represent the tentacle sex space alien demographic, rip.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

A MIRACLE posted:

im goin thru the hbo max library now is there anything that stands out? I watched hacks already it was v good

Maybe this a deep cut but I watched this show called Crashing a while ago and thought it was excellent it's kinda a fictional-semi-autobiographical show about Pete Holmes playing Pete Holmes and his life trying to become a stand-up comedian.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

A MIRACLE posted:

ok I need a run down on paramount+, what to watch for my 1 week subscription lol. I already watched South Park and the bevis and butthead movie

Evil is really good, and also the show Evil.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I'm a little disappointed that Riddler isn't swole anymore in Harley Quinn.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Medullah posted:

Only issue with Prey is the same one as I have with pretty much any period piece, man they have super white teeth

That one french guy had ridiculously bad teeth.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Are you sure it was actually a "tie-in" because it says the comic was made in 1996 and Predator 2 came out in 1990. I'm sure the gun was just a neat throwaway thing the writer threw into the script and the fascination with the gun and the backstory was just something people made up afterwards.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
AvP on the Jaguar was pretty dope.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

a sexual elk posted:

It felt like it became 13 Ghosts, without the best part, Shaggy.

I was thinking the same thing when Voight showed up.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I think the nice thing about a show like raised By Wolves is they can do literally whatever they want every episode so it's always entertaining and surprising as opposed to the way most shows do it now where they draw poo poo out as much as possible because all they care about is getting more seasons produced which results in some mediocre boring rear end poo poo.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I like how they had Kerri Kenney in an amusing relationship with Knoxville which they immediately ended and she was a foil for Zach as the helicopter mom but now she's just gone.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I'd like to see more She-Hulk but It feels like every MCU TV show they make is just to tie into the next show or movie DareDevil & the adventures of Wongers and Abomination then abandoned.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

ymgve posted:

It should have never gotten that far, is what I mean. Here is one of the people that did the most notorious heist in recent history and he is just bumbling along the beach with no situational awareness

I was pretty confused by that as well thought it was a flashback it was so out of place. Would have been funny though if it actually was his origin story how he became a career criminal after getting jailed in a Brazil like fashion.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Nckdictator posted:

I noticed New Mutants is on Disney+ now, I know about the disastrous production but is the movie at least entertainingly bad or just bland?

It's definitely more bland, not bad at all, though I thought some of the actors were bad (Alice Braga). Anya Taylor Joy was awesome though and she fit Magik perfectly she deserves a second shot at the role in future X-Men movies.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I could see Wednesday being better if it wasn't for the "outcast school" setting there are just too many shows about magic schools and it all felt very forced and pointless here. Pretty much all non Wednesday characters were wasted. Except Thing though, he needs to get a spin off show.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Is Madmartigan dead, or simply hand-waved away?

(also not to be a dick but OG Willow is one of the movies that defines "80s PG" where guys get boiling oil poured on them or run through on camera. there just isn't any blood. I doubt the new show will go that hard...but I hope I'm wrong)

Possibly huge spoiler I heard that Val Kilmer does appear but at the very end of the show.

I'm so loving stoked for new Willow, when D+ came out Willow was like the only thing I watched then was like welp I watched everything I wanted, unsubscribe.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
It was really good and I'm gonna watch it again if that helps influence getting additional seasons.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

LifeLynx posted:

Is An Evening with Beverly Luff Lin any good? I like everyone in it but I've never heard any buzz about it. And liking everyone involved doesn't mean it's going to be a good movie, sometimes the more people I like the worse it is e.g. The Dead Don't Die.

It's not good.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Famethrowa posted:

bullet train is 2 hours long!? jesus christ why.

It felt much longer.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Pushed me over the edge into finally buying the blu-rays.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
We were talking about this recently so here's the Station Eleven blu-ray pre-orders that just popped up.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Simplex posted:

I do have questions about The Menu because normally you would expect the movie to have some hints about what Nicholas Hoult's original date did to deserve to be there that evening. But I don't remember anything like that in the movie

She was probably just completely fabricated and he was too much of a self absorbed idiot to line the story up straight with his "date" before he arrived.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Sir Kodiak posted:

The restaurant folks tracked down evidence of the three dudes stealing money just to make some ominous tortillas. I don't think Nicholas Hoult is going to get an entirely fictitious guest past them.

Considering one woman was killed for having her parents be able to pay for Brown, anyone that dude was actually dating would have been likely to make the cut for execution.

Julian didn't know about the assistant before hand though, he just asked her on the spot, and the three dudes were working for his "angel investor" so not a huge reach to find dirt on them. I think Julian was working under the preconception that absolutely anyone who could afford to be there was wealthy, and they would only invite other entitled people, he would literally invent any justification why they deserve to die. So the individual Tyler invited didn't matter to him at all. It only threw a wrench in his plans when he figured out "Margot" was actually a working class peon instead of a bratty heiress.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

mcmagic posted:

I watched The Banshees of Inisherin 2 nights ago and I'm still thinking about it. It's really insane how loving great an actor Colin Farrell has become.

I recommend watching The Lobster if you haven't seen it already.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I thought the concept of having so many different languages and subsets of cultures on the ship was just so conspicuous that it was a massive clue towards that they were really on spaceship. It's a terribly unsubtle show.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
In Lovecraft Country I really liked the episode with the witch lady that would transform her gender and how she taught the black lady to turn white but everything else was forgettable.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I remember watching the 40 Year Old Virgin commentary way back when and during like the one scene Jonah Hill was in Judd Apatow was weirdly praising him and saying he was going places so I'm guessing he hosed Judd Apatow.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
They need to bring back MAGA dog and solve crimes together.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I love the parts of See where Momoa murders everyone but you can probably just watch those parts on YouTube.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
and their developmentally challenged friend that happens to be a good alien that's been hanging around for decades for the bad alien to show up and kick it's rear end.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
This is just part of their decades long plan next they add "Cine" to the name the circle will be complete reality will be inverted and the elder gods will walk the earth once more.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

Love Conan, but I'm not sure any travel show will ever be as enjoyable as Parts Unknown. It seems like a lot of people, mostly chefs, have been trying to recapture that magic (David Chang, Gordon Ramsey), and none have succeeded.

I always loved the location bits where Conan visited random places riffed the whole time and acted like a giant nerd they were probably the strongest parts of his show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Caught up on the new season of The Other Two this morning and drat is that show hilarious. The timing of watching the episode where Brooke dates a billionaire and certain current events :wtc: