Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Dave is so drat good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Medullah posted:

"No. Not without incident" is definitely one of my favorite lines in a bag movie.

gently caress yeah, that's a great line. That last scene with Bale and Diggs is awesome too. . Equilibrium owns.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I will say, though, that Gymkata >>>>> Gunkata

The SKILL of gymnastics. The KILL of karate!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
The Fresh Prince reboot (Bel Air) is good. Not great, but good. Uncle Phil and Aunt Viv are cool as hell, as is Geoffrey.
Carlton makes a good villain. Will is Will but less Will. Ashley hasn't done that much, Hilary seems about right.

The original is one of my favorite comedies ever so I'll continue watching this one to just to see where it goes.

The show needs more lighthearted moments, though.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
hell yeah Fresh on Hulu is aces, lol

that last 20 minutes was some good poo poo

What? He's married?!

I don't recall seeing the two leads before but I recognize their names... what else have they been in that I should check out? I really liked both of them

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Octy posted:

The Adam Project was surprisingly good fun.

Hadn't heard of this, but the trailer does look fun. Good cast, and Jonathan Tropper (banshee, warrior) is one of the writers so I'll check it out

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

BonoMan posted:

Started Search Party this weekend. Got about halfway through S2 ( last ep I watched ended with Elliot's "I NEED ICE!" scene. )

This is a great show and fun so far... but also... every character is horrible and that's kind of loving exhausting. Holy poo poo.

lol. enjoy the ride with those horrible people - you ain't seen nothin' yet

I wish I could see it all again for the first time

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
It's been a minute since I've seen it, but I remember liking Ryan Reynolds in Buried. Not great, not terrible.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I have a very low level Vizio TV from 4 years ago, and some janky-rear end internet service, and it's incredible the difference between the various apps:

Hulu, Apple TV+ - They absolutely hate my TV. They'll play maybe one episode of a show, maybe, then completely poo poo the bed for no reason I can see.

HBO MAX, Disney+, Paramount+ - These mostly seem to be friends with my TV, though occasional arguments arise.

Netflix, Prime Video - They just play stuff with no backtalk and it's great. No errors, no buffering, no poo poo.

This is a thing in my house, too. There are plenty of screens - TVs, tablets, and PCs - but finding one that won't poo poo the bed with whatever app I want to use, and isn't already occupied, is the real problem.

Like you, Hulu and Apple TV+ are the ones that give me the most trouble.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I wasn't sure about Metal Lords at first, but it totally won me over and goddamn the last scenes were perfect. The concert was legit great.

Gotta say, for fans of classic metal or anyone who has ever been in a band, give it a shot.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Papercut posted:

If Netflix starts charging for pw sharing I'll just stop using Netflix

nah, just be the share-ee, not the share-er

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

precision posted:

the thing about the twist in Mr. Robot season 4, is that, no matter what stupid idea you have you could not possibly guess the content and stupidity of the twist

like, for real. absolutely nothing in seasons 1-3 even remotely hints at it, and in fact, a lot of things that happen don't even fit with the twist. it's so dumb haha

that said i still enjoyed every episode. it's just, man, that twist... it's so bad

for those who want to know it turns out that the entire reason Elliott has DID is that his dad molested him. YEP! GREAT, HUH?! and it turns out literally the entire show was in Elliott's head, none of it actually happened. There was no White Rose or Evil Corp or Darlene or ANYTHING. lmao

yeah this is wrong

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

precision posted:

how so? i mean i'm exaggerating but that's broadly what happens

i would love to be wrong but the entire Mr Robot schism being caused by his dad molesting him is actually the plot of Mr Robot season 4, the last episode doesn't invalidate that at all?

That part is right, but the "literally the entire show was in Elliott's head, none of it actually happened. There was no White Rose or Evil Corp or Darlene or ANYTHING" is 100% wrong-o. IIRC, at the end Darlene even tells him it all happened. The thing that wasn't 'real', though, was the Elliot persona. The Elliot we saw throughout the series was another personality. The hacks, the destruction of E-Corp, White rose's machine, that was all real. The machine didn't work, though.

It's a very good show, and fun to re-watch after you know the first reveal

isaboo fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 5, 2022

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I really liked the finale, too. I was grinning from ear to ear at the reveal(s). I didn't see any of that coming.

Like someone said in the show's thread, it could end here or keep going and either way is fine.

From was better and more fun, as far as weird mystery shows this year

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Same. I wanted to like it because of Toni Collette but it was just so boring.

I forgot I was watching it while I was watching it :v:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Foundation looks good. Lee Pace is good.

That's all I've got

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Norm MacDonald's final special is on Netflix now

The last 30 minutes is six of his friends (Chappelle, Letterman, Conan, Sandler, Molly Shannon, and David Spade) talking about him

Gonna need to have my tissue close by

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Gonz posted:

Just finished this on Netflix. Easy one of the most thorough D.B. Cooper documentaries i’ve seen in ages. Only four episodes, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29i4ZpCxeJA

pfft. everyone knows he was in Fox River prison with T-Bag and Michael Scofield

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Inspector Hound posted:

Award for most "why do I keep watching this horrifying thing" goes to Black Bird. It's good, I think?

I'm enjoying it, but it took me a minute to realize Larry is Stingray from Cobra Kai

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
how about a Predator and Alone mash up

hell, Predator and Home Alone

Predator and Cobra Kai

ok I'll stop

one more: Predator and Quantum Leap. yes. that's the one.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 8, 2022

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Interesting. I'll give that a shot.

When I first took notice of Jon Bernthal on TWD, I didn't think much of him - he seemed kinda one-note to me. But after following him for a bit in stuff like We Own This City... the man can act.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Aphex- posted:

I think he's really good in it but my girlfriend says he reminds her of a dark Joe Pera and now I can't unsee it.

Yes! I thought the same thing

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Does Hill House take a minute to get going? I've tried a couple of times but haven't gotten past the 2nd episode.

I didn't like Midnight Mass and I can't get into Midnight Club, either. Maybe the Mike Flanaverse just isn't for me. I do see he's got The Fall Of The House Of Usher coming out next, and the cast is stacked... Mark Hamill included!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

A MIRACLE posted:

THE WATCHER CASE REMAINS UNSOLVED

I love how at the end bobby cannavale becomes a watcher. then his wife becomes a watcher of bobby cannavale. and the neighbors are all watchers. everyones a watcher

yeah. terrible.

anything with Cannavale and/or Watts gets a fair try from me. I'm actually surprised I stayed until the end.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
isn't the current / most recent Westworld season better? Seems like I saw that mentioned somewhere, but like others I gave up after S2 was over.

But I'll give Peripheral another couple episodes, I guess.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Killing It is great. It was renewed back in June, so we'll get more!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
a couple weeks ago Mrs Isaboo and I were :2bong: and decided we'd give "that Yellowstone prequel" a try but somehow started watching 1922 on Netflix lol

we didn't finish because it was bad

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Watched The Rig on Amazon. I think it probably would've worked better as a movie.

I started watching this because of Emily Hampshire but it seems pretty silly two episodes in.

Is the gist of it Earth/Gaia is trying to rid itself of impurities, e.g. the oil rigs? Because if so there's way too much foreshadowing of that, what with the rig falling apart, Baz's fillings being pushed out, the tattoos washing off of that dude, etc.

I ain't gonna finish it, I'm just curious

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I put on random episodes for background noise and to hear the occasional "CORAL!!"

I haven't watched on the regular since the Negan season.

Are any of the spin-offs good or at least decent?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I liked the first two Night Court episodes so far. Anything that puts Larroquette on my screen gets a fair shake.

I really hope we get to see Nostradamus Shannon, the Wheeler family, and Dan's buddy Phil.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

toggle posted:

I’ve just discovered Tacoma FD and it’s fantastic. Jokes come thick and fast, great stuff.

whoa, never heard of this. definitely gonna check it out

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
aww dang, I totally forgot about Mad Dogs. Not sure I ever finished it, so I'll rewatch it. Thanks for the reminder.

I've seen Terriers probably 3 times by now

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I didn't see Quiet Place part 2 but Bird Box is really dumb so don't watch that :v:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
oooh Jim Al-Khalili is one of my favorite popular physics presenters, and I bet he has a good sense of humor. I will have to check that out

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

BisterdDave posted:

As many times as I've seen the movie (I know I know), I had no idea Louis CK was involved. TIL.

Seeing Pootie Tang in the theater was one of my favorite movie going experiences.

My coworker Jason and I skipped work to see it, and ate a ton of candy to get a nice sugar rush. We were the only people in the theater except for a mother and her severely autistic, wheelchair-bound son.

The kid absolutely loved the movie. He copied most of what Pootie Tang said, and went bananas whenever Pootie would crack his belt.

After the movie, we talked to the mom and she said that her son was mostly nonverbal but certain films would get him talking. He was a really sweet kid and his mom let us give him our leftover candy. As we left he screamed "Sa da tay!"

The next day at work, Jason found Louis CK's email address somehow and wrote to him in Pootie-speak. They went back and forth several times until Louis got bored and stopped responding.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Goth Pedro rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PifPVQOFyZI&t=232s

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Cynthia Rothrock owns. I met her at a tournament in 1988-ish when I was 17. Got her autograph but lost it long ago. Cut to 20+ years later and my twin daughters got to meet her at a tournament they participated in. She was delightful both times.

I've seen shockingly few movies of hers, though.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
If you want to see an angry old Finnish gold miner absolutely wreck a company of Nazis in WW2, watch Sisu .

I didn't know anything about it and rented it on Prime, and it was the most fun I've had watching a movie in ages. It's in limited theaters too if that's your thing.

Turn brain off, see Nazis get exploded. It's a helluva good time. Avoid trailers if it sounds like something you'd like. I was surprised :stonk:

I was left thinking "John Wick who?"

It's a Finnish/English production but the sparse dialog is all English. The landscape is beautiful, when Nazi body parts aren't in the way.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 18, 2023

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

teagone posted:

Are you really criticizing Sisu -- a 1 hour and 30min, basic af movie about exploding nazis -- for any attempt it makes at historical revisionism. Are you really. Lol. By all means, get into that poo poo, I'll read what you have to say. And what even is a "reddit rear end movie"? Lmao.

yeah, this. it's a fun move about nazis getting blowed the gently caress up. nothing more, nothing less. I have no complaints and no regerts. I knew nothing about it at all and watched while stoned and had a blast. if nazis are getting hosed up chances are I'm gonna like it, as suggested by my avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
put zaslav in the phantom zone