Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Queering Wheel posted:

The CLANG of the bedpan really gets me every single time

The 2 funniest things I always remember from this is Steve talking about banging the pan off his head to get the "right" sound & him with Foley behind the scenes before that practically pissing their pants at how goofy Socko was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

If there's anything I miss about old WWF, it was The Fink doing the announcing. Something felt so *right* about it, especially when he'd announce "AND NEEEWWWW" champions after matches. Dude had the perfect announcer voice.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

Tremendous Revenges

Muchas Luchas

Quite a Fight

Seasons Beatings :black101:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Aggression in the Concessions

Splitting Hairs on the Stairs

...I got nothing else

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Beer_Suitcase posted:

My parents always find some wrassle something to give me for the holidays.

This year I got this art print. And if you just kind of glance at it, it looks like someone drew a buncha girls with their tits out. Also some of them didn't get names, just a logo.

Edit: not everyone has Twitter

HHH part of the 'taser balls heart attack' club & Superfly looks like Terry Funk cosplaying Jimmy Snuka :lol:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

That & the fact that Bret's contract still had a few weeks before running out meant the screw job was pointless in the end. If Bret had actually taken the WWF title to WCW he'd be in breach & guarantee Vince would've sued him & WCW into oblivion for it. Makes me wonder if it was just Vince being a dick because he knew about the issues between Shawn/Bret & was mad about the WCW "defection" but wanted HBK to be champ again to rub it in Bret's face/piss him off on the way out.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Wee Bairns posted:

That's how you build anticipation, and goddamn what a pop.

I miss those kinds of pops, especially in the Attitude Era. I think Austin had legit the biggest (or at least one of the biggest) reactions at that time, it almost drowned out the commentary at some points. Here's one from the Invasion angle, the fun starts around 1:27 but that god-tier pop hits hard at 3:11 (the cheers for every stunner plus RVD stumbling from a stunner shockwave at 3:50 are equally awesome)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNIxFxj6DDk

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I always loved it when (someone like) Kane or UT beats on a guy repeatedly for upwards of a minute and they stand there and endure it, then Austin hits the ring and obliterates the same guy to death with one punch.

That's a great point too...before Austin's neck injury the only 'weakness' he had was not being a submission wrestler, as shown in WM13 with Bret. But it was hilarious at the time to think "OK, Kane/UT have weaknesses I can exploit...but NO WAY am I loving with Stone Cold" with that timeframe. I still remember that transition from the old school WWF into the 'attitude' stuff & some of those segments are gold. Case in point, I stumbled across this gem from early '96 Austin where he was on their Live Wire show & was really getting into his character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUbnob0yc4g

E: almost forgot that line from Austin about Mr. Perfect :lol: "[he's] 260 pounds of cholesterol stuffed in a bargain basement suit"

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 20, 2024

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Gavok posted:

- Turns out he tore his tricep in the match when taking a DDT. So he'll be gone for a while.

:lol: another tricep tear? He already hosed one arm up in that AEW title match against Mox when he took a dive to the outside & had to vacate the belt

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol'd because i just remembered people were shocked the rock wasnt natty

Especially knowing he had to have surgery for gynecomastia around the time he first feuded with Mankind (hence why Rock wore a shirt in a lot of matches)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Gavok posted:

About ten years ago, WWE had a weekly YouTube series called Are You Serious? which was wrestling MST3K with Josh Matthews, Road Dogg, and a puppet version of Triple H. A lot of it was based on bashing WCW, though well-deserved.

Anyway, my favorite bit was when they were watching an old WWF segment about the home life of Dr. David Schultz. Schultz is only really remembered for committing career suicide on TV when a reporter asked him if wrestling was fake and he slapped the poo poo out of him and asked, "Does that feel fake to you?!"

So while watching the segment, Josh asks, "Who's this guy?"

"That's Dr. David Schultz."

"Oh. What's he known for?"

"......I'll tell you later."

Stossel deserved it :colbert:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Bonzo posted:

I vividly recall seeing Steamboat get this throat crushed as Savage jump down from the top rope and slam him into the steel railing.

What was the real reason Steamboat went away for a while? And after WM3 I think he left for good?

IIRC he & his wife had their first kid shortly after he won the IC title from Savage. Ricky wanted to take time off but Vince wanted him on the road defending, so that's when he dropped the belt to Honky Tonk & left for a while to be with family.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

E: accidental double post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Bonzo posted:

Andre the Giant was 815 lbs when I lifted him over my head at WM 3. So I know what it must have felt like for Jesus to carry that cross down that aisle, on his way to the ultimate retirement match, brother.

I SPLIT THE EARTH IN TWAIN WITH THE POWER OF MY HOGANGELICALS BROTHER