Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Remember that Vince kept known human trafficker Fabulous Moolah in his employ for decades and tried to name a women’s tournament after her until people told him the internet exists and people can look things up now.

What did Moolah do? I heard some grumbles before but no serious allegations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

I don't follow wrestling much, but I was curious what Jim Cornett's take on this situation would be so I looked up his show. He's basically just laughing at the craziness, sticking up for Vince, and questioning why she didn't just leave the arrangement at various points.

This other guy on the show, Brian, tried to appeal to the humanity of her experience a couple times but Cornett just kept laughing through it and eventually drew him into joking about it too, and he folded like a little bitch. It was an uncomfortable listen.

Assholes like Cornett and Brian are the reason why so many women are afraid to speak out about this poo poo. They revel in the humiliation of the abused.

Stunt-Puffin fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 27, 2024

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I genuinely think if Vince stops working and fully goes into retirement, he will be dead within a few months, if not sooner. Those old dudes that live for work tend to drop once their purpose goes away.

Or maybe he'll just run for president.

I basically agree but Vince isn't gonna run for president, he's gonna come in as Trump's VP playing the role of loyal stooge. But as the campaign wears on Trump's gonna start making weird demands of him on camera, demeaning poo poo like fetching slippers and giving him foot massages...

"THE TOES, VIRGIL!"

And we're gonna see that brief flicker of rage on Vince's face, then watch as he swallows and chokes down his pride before doing the deed. Then Trump's gonna put on that happy boy smile and smarm to the camera about everybody having a price.

And then, after months of toadying for Trump, election night finally comes and Trump wins.

Trump gets up on stage in some huge arena in front of a roaring audience of idiots. He grins and starts dancing, pumping his hands in the air like he's jerking off two Giant Gonzalezs. But then, just as he's about to start his victory speech, BOOM! Lightning strikes and the lights go out. It's the Undertaker's music! The stage is dark, Trump is afraid, he's trying to back away, but the Undertaker is right behind him!

He's right behind you Trump! Turn around! Turn around Trumpy! Oh no, I can't look! Chokeslam into the coffin! The lid is slammed shut and it's pushed off the stage into an open pit. It's Austin in a yellow construction hat driving a loader! It's over! It's over! Good gawd almighty, the president is dead and buried!

NO CHANCE! That's what ya got...
Pretty politicians buying souls from us are PUPPETS!

Vince struts out onto the stage like a peacock, grinning that wicked grin, and the audience boo's joyfully like the loving marks they are.

-The Washington Screwjob

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Vince growls into the microphone, "You all thought you were voting for Trump, but it was me America! It was me, alllll along! I booked his rallies! I wrote his promos! You all bought it, and even he bought it! But he was just the puppet I used to get here -- and now here I am, the undisputed President of the United States of Entertainment!"

Vince steps back to give the audience a moment to boo.

"And there's gonna be some changes around here America! But I'm gonna need a powerful cabinet to make them, so let me start by introducing the most powerful vice-president since Ted Roosevelt, THE UNDERTAKER!"

The Undertaker steps forward to a confused reaction from the crowd and stands silently beside McMahon. McMahon starts clapping at him to convey he's a heel and when the audience picks up on this their confusion coalesces into a cacophony of boos.

"And together, the Undertaker and myself, will command the most powerful stable in the history of politics -- the Federal Ministry!" McMahon gestures broadly as a dozen mid-card superstar dirt-bags filter out to join them onstage.

"And through the power of our combined forces... we're going to do whatever we want, whenever we want, however we want... and there is nothing, ANYONE, can do to stop us!"

DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN!

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

wesleywillis posted:

I don't know how many ECW shows were in Buffalo in 1999, but if there was only one, I was there.

Was it November to Remember 99? If so, I was there too, but I don't remember Mikey being on the card. There were some damned good matches though. Awesome v Tanaka was legendary, New Jack did a good dive off a basketball backboard, and I really enjoyed Sabu v Candido. It was also The Sandman's first PPV back from WCW and I dove under a chair to grab one of the beer cans he threw into the crowd. Still have it.

It was by far the best wrestling show I've ever been to and it sucks to have found out over the years that almost everyone involved was an insane psychopath behind the scenes. That Danny Doring video about him hating the women he degraded was pretty eye opening.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

So Laurinaitis' lawyer has finally spoken to the media, and he's pitching Laurinaitis as another victim of Vince who was coerced into it all the same way Grant was.

"Read the allegations. Read the Federal Statute. Power, control, employment supervisory capacity, dictatorial sexual demands with repercussions if not met. Count how many times in the complaint Vince exerts control over both of them.”

:rolleyes:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/epv757/co-defendant-in-vince-mcmahon-sex-trafficking-lawsuit-says-he-was-a-victim-too

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

My family had one of those huge black c-band satellites from the early 90's to the early oughts. They were the ones that took like 30 seconds to rotate and tune into a specific satellite (like G1), but then you'd be able to quickly surf across the 24 channels on that satellite. The best channels like HBO, Cinemax, Cartoon Network, Disney, and Nick were all spread across the 4 or 5 most popular satellites, and if you wanted to get a good sense of what was on at any given time you only had to tune into those satellites.

But, there were a bunch of other satellites out there that were effectively content deserts that hardly anyone ever tuned in to. Most of their 24 channels would be empty static but they'd have a couple of token zombie networks airing infomercials, blurry TV shows from the 60's and 70's that nobody had nostalgia for, and strange liminal programming that would discomfort rational minds.

It would have been around 2001ish when I read that one of those zombie networks, on one of those content desert satellites, had obtained a contract to air XPW's weekly show. I was a huge ECW fan at the time and I was stoked because the XPW opening montage was chock full of ECW alumni and XPW standouts doing a bunch of extreme poo poo to Five Finger Crawl. That trailer promised an abundance of hardcore wrestling action so I tuned in each week hoping to catch a crazy death match or some sick lucha libra.

What a frustrating waste of time XPW was. I don't know if they'd stopped putting on wrestling events for the year I was tuning in, but like 90% of their show was just insane stream-of-consciousness sketches that Rob Black filmed in the back of his lovely strip mall office. It was legitimately the most uncomfortable television I've ever sat through, but I sat through it each week because occasionally they'd cut away from the Rob Black power hour to a wrestling match where a philosophical homeless man would take multiple unprotected flaming chair shots to the face.

You had to sit through a lot of gutter content to get to anything interesting in XPW, but I wanted to share a lowlight that still haunts my memories to give some perspective on how bad XPW could get. It started when Rob Black found a Christmas figurine depicting a black Santa and became completely infatuated with it. He gleefully nicknamed the doll 'N-word Clause,' with a hard R, and then started talking to it each week like Al Snow used to talk to head. It was the most cavalier usage of the N-word I'd ever seen on television, yet Rob Black somehow kept this bit going for months.

Also there was a fat clown wrestler who went by the name Pogo the Clown and he painted his face to look like the child murderer John Wayne Gacy. He carried a shovel to the ring and would occasionally be shown digging holes in the forest at night.

I just wanted to watch Sabu wrestle John Kronus

:(

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

edit: oops video links broke. I'll fix later

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Hollismason posted:

For many people watching wrestling as a youth led to a sexual awakening.

The Undertaker's cold clammy hands...

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

I'm glad Sting had a fun banger of a last match.

But was he truly the last active wrestler who'd started in the 80's? Was that match the undeniable end of the 80's wrestling era?

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

'I'm From Hollywood' is a legitimately great wrestling documentary and a very interesting time-capsule. I remember Comedy Central used to air it now and again back in the 90's.

Also, 'Andy Wasn't Tough Enough' is easily the best song about Andy Kaufman, just put it on and vibe for a minute.

https://youtu.be/kB0hLuDdbD0?si=UyevBe78CvQyVU_W

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

ARMBAR A COP posted:

shibari hogan

Dall-e, is there anyway to generate a nude Shibari-Hogan?

Not computing, please repeat

Nude.. Shibari-Hogan

This is not suitable for work, are you sure?

Mmm-hmm

Ok

OH poo poo!

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Yes, please give us the deep lore on Linda McMonster!

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

So what happened to the Rock after he got choke-slammed and the lights went out? Did he just wander back to the dressing room for some crisps or did the Underdressed-taker use his magic to teleport him away?

Also congratulations to Goldust's friend for finishing his story thing.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Alien vs Hogan

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hogan being told to look in the egg and saying that doesnt work for me brother forcing kane to look inside at the last minute

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

It would be even funnier if he buys the NWA and turns The Funkasaurous into an unstoppable face monster like John Cena. Just imagine him wheezing and sweating his way through an endless barrage of awkward jobber stomps.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

We've all heard how poor Americans are brainwashed into seeing themselves as 'temporarily embarrassed millionaires' -- well Vince is the opposite, he's a millionaire, temporarily embarrassed.

Maybe he'd see buying the NWA and turning it against the company he was pushed out of as him "finishing the story?" He has A LOT of money to throw at anything that might alleviate some of his embarrassment, and he's got a strong enough work ethic to actually take on a project like this... Who knows what he's gonna do?

Vince McMahon's NWA, now streaming to the world on Twitter, the anything app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

If John Cena ever starts riffing on you in front of a crowd, just wait. He'll eventually conclude by telling everyone that you cant see him, and that's when you counter with this combo:

"Well, I definitely can't see your hair-line anymore."

"You can be a Hogan fan, but don't steal the horseshoe."

"You never go full Hulkster, brother."

Hit those three lines in a row and he'll have no choice but to turn heel right then and there.