Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Just to clarify, is this Penelope Ford & The Bunny?

Yes sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

I'm trying to figure out if a Klingon would be offended or impressed by ZSJ greeting him with,"Oi, dickhead!"

I'd be all for a tag team of Klingon warriors who attack people with bat'leths. Sounds like something Hoodslam would do.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

As of right now, nine of the top ten tag teams are from AEW with the sole non-AEW team in the top ten belonging to NJPW.

Wow, House of Torture is doing great! :aaa:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Been a few days without votes. Aiming for about half of what the singles thread did

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Come onnnnnn, making lists is great! It reminds you of cool matches you've seen and cool wrestlers who deserve some love!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

[reverse psychology] i'll be honest. i don't like tag teams. and if you vote it will cheese me off.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

1. Lucha Bros
2. Santana & Ortiz
3. Beaver Boys/Dark Order 3 & 4 (John Silver & Alex Reynolds)
4. Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus)
5. Best Friends (Trent & Chuck)
6. The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens & Max Caster)
7. TH2 (Angelico & Jack Evans)
8. Darby Allin & Sting (love both of them way more than #8 might suggest, but I'd rather see them doing singles stuff)
9. The New Day (pick any 2 of the 3, they're all great)
10. TayJay (Tay Conti & Anna Jay)

Honorable Mentions:
Kings of the Black Throne (same as Darby Allin & Sting - Malakai Black should be messing with Hangman's head, not the tag division)
RKBro (Randy Orton & Riddle)
Bunnelope (The Bunny & Penelope Ford)
Bear Country (yeah, they're jobbers, but they're huge flippy boys)

Kvantum fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 5, 2022

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I wish I'd thought of Darby & Sting when I was doing my list because all of their matches are appointment viewing. Glad it's like a semi-regular thing but they're always great.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I wish I'd thought of Darby & Sting when I was doing my list because all of their matches are appointment viewing. Glad it's like a semi-regular thing but they're always great.

Yeah, if I’d read the lists posted in the thread before posting mine I would’ve found a spot for goth dad & son

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Kvantum posted:

1. Lucha Bros
2. Santana & Ortiz
3. Beaver Boys/Dark Order 3 & 4 (John Silver & Alex Reynolds)
4. Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus)
5. Best Friends (Trent & Chuck)
6. The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens & Max Caster)
7. TH2 (Angelico & Jack Evans)
8. Darby Allin & Sting (love both of them way more than #8 might suggest, but I'd rather see them doing singles stuff)
9. The New Day (pick any 2 of the 3, they're all great)
10. TayJay (Tay Conti & Anna Jay)

Honorable Mentions:
Kings of the Black Throne (same as Darby Allin & Sting - Malakai Black should be messing with Hangman's head, not the tag division)
RKBro (Randy Orton & Riddle)
Bunnelope (The Bunny & Penelope Ford)
Bear Country (yeah, they're jobbers, but they're huge flippy boys)

Disturbing lack of FTR on this list or in your honorable mentions….

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Disturbing lack of FTR on this list or in your honorable mentions….

No mention of the Young Bucks, either. Hmm. Almost like it was intentional or something...

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
10. Butcher & The Blade
9. Santana/Ortiz
8. Men of the Year (Sky/Page)
7. The Bunny/Penelope Ford
6. Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy/Luchasaurus)
5. The Acclaimed (Caster/Bowens)
4. Kingston/Moxley
3. FTR (Wheeler/Harwood)
2. Lucha Bros (Penta/Fenix)
1. Young Bucks (Matt & Nick): a 1a/1b situation with Lucha Bros.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Kvantum posted:

No mention of the Young Bucks, either. Hmm. Almost like it was intentional or something...

Who hurt you?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Who hurt you?

Hurt me? Eh. Bored me to the point of not paying attention to Dynamite some weeks? Well, FTR and the Spot Monkeys Young Bucks, for starters. Both teams have been in some truly great matches over the years, no doubt, but it was always their opponents that made me care

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
1. Young Bucks
2. Lucha Bros.
3. Jurassic Express
4. Hijo del Vikingo & Laredo Kid
5. Darby Allin & Sting
6. Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI - you're getting a trios, deal with it
7. Dangerous Tekkers
8. FTR
9. Proud & Powerful
10. 2point0

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kvantum posted:

Hurt me? Eh. Bored me to the point of not paying attention to Dynamite some weeks? Well, FTR and the Spot Monkeys Young Bucks, for starters. Both teams have been in some truly great matches over the years, no doubt, but it was always their opponents that made me care

malorkus

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just foolin'.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kvantum posted:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

[*]Do NOT denigrate the choices of anybody else, these lists are subjective and will provide a generalized consensus but not a definitive one.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i believe denigration requires unfairness. nah i didn't read the op is why i done it. don't know about the other hosed up guy

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i only basically watched 3 promotions in 2021 so this is tough

1. lucha bros (aew) - disappointing reign but it's not their fault
2. dangerous tekkers (new japan) - one of the highlights of an often rough year for the promotion i follow the closest
3. kagetsu + hazuki (special occasion one off) - it was one match but it was the most memorable show of the year in many ways and was amazing to see again
4. doiyoshi (orginal version) (dragongate) - amazing team and yoshino's retirement tour has been the arguable highlight of pandemic era japanese wrestling
5. eddie kingston + jon moxley (aew) - would love to see them get a tag title run, eddie's the best english language promo in the world
5. young bucks (aew) - they're the bucks. nothing more to really say other than they've been amazing in aew ever since they turned
6. susumu yokusuka and king shimizu (dragongate) - amazing chemistry for a new team, balanced each other's strengths great
7.darby allen and sting (aew)
8.giulia and syuri (stardom) excellent reign with some killer matches before i lost track of stardom and syuri especially is incredible
9. golden☆ace (new japan) only had a few tags as a 2 vs 2 team but more as parts of larger multiman matches and i can't exclude my favorite wrestler teaming up with ibushi
10. masaaki mochizuki + takashi yoshida (dragongate) - charming storyline, mochizuki's still amazing , and yoshida played his part in it well

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

3. kagetsu + hazuki (special occasion one off) - it was one match but it was the most memorable show of the year in many ways and was amazing to see again

gently caress! I probably wouldn't have added them to my Top 10 since they fought in an 8-woman tag, but I wish I'd stopped to think about it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thauros posted:

i only basically watched 3 promotions in 2021 so this is tough

1. lucha bros (aew) - disappointing reign but it's not their fault
2. dangerous tekkers (new japan) - one of the highlights of an often rough year for the promotion i follow the closest
4. doiyoshi (orginal version) (dragongate) - amazing team and yoshino's retirement tour has been the arguable highlight of pandemic era japanese wrestling
5. eddie kingston + jon moxley (aew) - would love to see them get a tag title run, eddie's the best english language promo in the world
5. young bucks (aew) - they're the bucks. nothing more to really say other than they've been amazing in aew ever since they turned
6. susumu yokusuka and king shimizu (dragongate) - amazing chemistry for a new team, balanced each other's strengths great
7.darby allen and sting (aew)
8.giulia and syuri (stardom) excellent reign with some killer matches before i lost track of stardom and syuri especially is incredible
9. golden☆ace (new japan) only had a few tags as a 2 vs 2 team but more as parts of larger multiman matches and i can't exclude my favorite wrestler teaming up with ibushi
10. masaaki mochizuki + takashi yoshida (dragongate) - charming storyline, mochizuki's still amazing , and yoshida played his part in it well

There are 11 teams on this list! You have two number fives. I'll drop off Mochi & Cyber Kong unless you would prefer to drop someone else.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I consent to my choices being denigrated. Except the Dirty Dawgs and Rock ‘n’ Roll Express, those were legit and should be on way more lists.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

1. Lucha Bros - AEW
2. Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki) - TJPW
3. Young Bucks - AEW
4. NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel) - TJPW
5. 121000000 (Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh) - TJPW
6. Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi) - DDT
7. Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston - AEW
8. FTR - AEW
9. Dangerous Tekkers (Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr) - NJPW
10. Proud 'n' Powerful (Santana & Ortiz) - AEW

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
1. FTR(Dax & Cash)
2. Super Ranas(still Dax & Cash)
4. Lucha Bros(Penta & Fenix)
5. Young Bucks(the Jackson boys)
6. 121000000(Miyu & Itoh)
7. Eddie & Mox
8. NEO Biishiki-gun (Sakisama & Mei Saint-Michel)
9. Dark Order(Uno & Stu)
10. Dark Order(Silver & his friend)

HMs: Lio & Dante, That time Silver teamed with Adam Page

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 10, 2022

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
10: The Acclaimed

These guys are entertaining as all hell, good in the ring and naturals at being dickheads. All around an outstanding team in an outstanding tag division.

9: Penelope Ford & The Bunny

I can't quite remember when it happened, but at some point I had an near-instant turnaround from "well I guess they need a women's tag team so they threw these two together" to "holy poo poo I want to see more from this pair of psychopaths".

8: Hirooki Goto & :yoshihashi:

We all know that Gedo doesn't give a poo poo about the tag division, but these two have been real good together despite that. Admittedly their best work came as part of the CHAOS Lads, but still.

7: Jurassic Express

OK, so I guess we all know deep down that Jurassic Express is ultimately about getting Jungle Boy over, but boy howdy has it worked. Also Luchasaurus still is the gold standard of how to work around someone's limitations and also probably the best hot tag in the business right now.

6: TayJay

The stars of the AEW women's tag division (inasmuch that there is one, that is). Just a pair of cool friends being cool and murdering assholes in cool ways.

5: Silver & Reynolds

The Meat Man and Reynolds (who is p drat underrated, I would argue) are always a delight to watch. Their timing is impeccable and that tandem offense flurry they pull off is just top notch stuff.

4: FTR

FTR may be wrestling a style that's not for everyone, but they wrestle that style to absolute and utter perfection. And having a team with an unique style is real valuable, but having a team with an unique style that they pull off perfectly is worth its weight in gold.

3: Young Bucks

The Bucks are still one of the best teams of all time. Had a great run as champs, had consistently great matches and their dickhead energy is just off the charts.

2: Dangerous Tekkers

Again, everybody knows that Gedo doesn't give a poo poo about the tag belts. Yet the Tekkers somehow carried the entire division to having a fantastic title scene all year long.

1: :miedo:

PENTA SAYS: WE'RE WINNING THIS THING

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just over two weeks left to vote if you haven't already. The battle for number one is the most distant it's been for a long time with eleven points separating the top two!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Getting this back on the front page by compiling a list of my current favourite factions

1. Eruption (DDT) (Saki Akai, Yukio Sakaguchi, Kazusada Higuchi and Hideki Okatani)
- Eruption are cool as gently caress. Where else but wrestling could a model, a kaiju and an old MMA badass get together and take the puro world by storm through their shared love of violence and rad overcoats. Now they've even got themselves a young boy, it's early days but Okatani's transformation from Junretsu to now has been great to see

2. 37KAMIINA (DDT) (Konosuke Takeshita, Yuki Ueno, Shunma Katsumata, MAO and Toi Kojima)
- I've said it before and i'll say it again, 37KAMIINA are the future of professional wrestling in Japan, considering Shunma is the oldest at 29 if they manage to stay healthy they can put DDT on their shoulders for the next 15 years as they ride this wave of CyberAgent success. They can bring comedy, deathmatches, traditional main event wrestling or tag team sprints amd they do it all amazingly

3. Suzuki-gun (NJPW, AEW) (Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, Zack Sabre Jr, Lance Archer, El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, DOUKI, TAKA Michinoku)
- There are no bad members here, just a bunch of guys that love and support each other in their quest to be complete dickbags to whoever they're across the ring from, even if it's their own teammates. Minoru Suzuki demands it.

4. NEXTREAM (AJPW) (Kento Miyahara, Rising HAYATO, Atsuki Aoyagi and Yuma Aoyagi)
- Take the Ace of the company and give him three kids to look after. It's a bit reductive, but it worked to keep Kento out of the main event scene for a bit and it dragged Yuma up to be closer to that top level.

5. Kongoh (NOAH) (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Masakatsu Funaki, Manabu Soya, Tadasuke, Nioh, Aleja)
- A month ago I would have rated these guys higher, but since then they've lost Haoh (who rules) and gained Funaki (who rules, but less so as age catches up with him). Kongoh still rules though, they've got two of the raddest kickboys and the most charismatic Jr in the company. And the Kongoh pose, which is equal parts dorky and cool as hell.

6. DisasterBox (DDT) (HARASHIMA, Naomi Yoshimura, Kazuki Hirata, Toru Owashi and Shuji Kondo)
- Like most of the performers in DDT, these guys can do absurdist comedy one day and do hard hitting wrestling the very next night and do both to a high standard. The recent injection of Shuji Kondo from Owashi's other stable Aagan Iisou has been very entertaining so far, looking forwad to seeing how it developes

7. Total Eclipse (AJPW) (Jake Lee, Hokuto Omori, Koji Doi, Kuma Arashi, Yusuke Kodama, Ryuki Honda and TAJIRI)
- Ignore Tajiri, and this stable is tops. Lee finally grew into his role as heel champion right before he got injured, Honda has done a complete 180 since joining, and Kuma/Doi and Omori/Kodama are tearing it up in their respective tag divisions

8. Up Up Girls (TJPW) (Miu Watanabe, Hikari Noa and Raku)
- If you've ever watched a TJPW show then you know these ladies. They open up pretty much every show with a song, most of which are legitimately good, and then have to wrestle almost straight after they've finished performing. The only with these ladies is that they rarely team together, as they have regular tag partners in Rika Tatsumi, Nao Kakuta and Aja Kong respectively

9. NEO Biishiki-gun (TJPW) (Sakisama, Mei Saint-Michel and Yukio Saint-Laurent)
- Ignore that they only had one match as a unit in the last year. And also ignore their suspicious similarities to some of the above members of Eruption. Bi-gun are phenominal comedic wrestlers and are some of the most consistently entertaining performers out there, carrying themselves with trademark French elegance.

10. CHAOS (NJPW, AEW) (There's like 20 guys now, but Ishii is the leader and Okada is the Ace, at least on the New Japan side. I guess Trent is the leader on the AEW side?)
- Chaos is the home of The Lads, and they've also got got Okada and Robbie and Yano, but they're is pretty much just a subgroup within Seiki-gun at this point with all the inter-stable teaming

LAST. Pheromones (DDT) (Dansoku DIeno, Yuki Iino and Yumehito Imanari)
- gently caress these guys. While House of Torture and DAMNATION T.A are just unentertaining, Pheromones makes me actively embarassed to show people any DDT just in case they show up to do their poo poo. It's such a shame too, Iino and Imanari are good when they're not being dragged down by Dieno's nonsense

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 13, 2022

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
For me my top faction has to be Pencil Army, but Damnation fuckin rules and Pheromones stinky.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I agree that DAMNATION did rule, but since all the cool guys left and it was just Sasaki and Paulie (and now Fujita) they've really fallen off as DAMNATION T.A

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Favorites, not best:

1. Dangerous Tekkers

Besides all the other reasons they're my faves, I love that they have contrasting styles. Makes their matches 100% more interesting.

2. Lucha Bros.

Well, yeah, they're spectacular.

3. FTR

Where would the high flyers be without the bases?

4. Masquerade (Jason Lee & Kota Minoura)

Didn't watch a lot of DG last year but these guys have amazing presence and skill.

5. Moxley & Kingston

Not really a tag team but I loved watching them together, so they get to sneak onto my list.

6. El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori

Two of the best heels in the business and excellent wrestlers.

7. El Desperado & Kanemaru

It's the coolest junior on the planet and his drinking buddy! I have hopes that at some point in the next couple of years DOUKI will slide into Uncle Nobu's spot because that would be an insane team.

8. Young Bucks

Self-aware wrestling is not my favorite thing in the world. The Young Bucks (and Kenny, for that matter) are good enough to make me overlook that particular preference.

9. The Briscoes

Saw them live once this year, found out that Effy was willing to vouch for their growth, and I think that's good enough for me.

10. Santana/Ortiz

Will be higher this year if they get more ring time. Watching them cut loose on Jericho the other night made me feel like I was back in the early days of ROH.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

I agree that DAMNATION did rule, but since all the cool guys left and it was just Sasaki and Paulie (and now Fujita) they've really fallen off as DAMNATION T.A

Yeah tense issue there lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Best faction is Suzuki-gun because Suzuki-gun is Ichiban :hai:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Going by straight gut feel off the top of my head, and heavily biased to AEW as that was the only promotion I really followed the past year

1. Lucha Bros - Incredible energy, both members are larger than life in their own way (get well soon Rey Fenix!), and they are just the coolest. Love everything from their entrance to their effortless swagger to their moves
2. The Young Bucks - Impeccable ability to make anyone look good, and their matches are always a banger
3. Dangerous Tekkers - literally the only thing I actively kept up with in NJPW since I love their honest friendship and differing styles
4. FTR - In the previous year they probably would have been slightly higher because I love how they lost the title: the no flips team does one flip and INSTANTLY EATS poo poo. In 2021, they were "merely" the other team that makes everyone look good
5. Dark Order (Evil Uno and Stu Grayson) - Again a fan of contrasting styles, this time wily trickster and lean strongman - also has my favourite tag team finisher the FATALITY
6. Penelope Ford & The Bunny - If there was a "most improved tag team" category, this might take it for me. Ever since they embraced their more ruthless, evil side, they became the women's team I look forward to the most
7. The Acclaimed - Top of the chain, perfect midcard heels who entertain and also get their asses kicked
8. 2point0 - A different type of perfect midcard heel who entertain and get their asses kicked
9. Proud & Powerful - Only this low due to a lack of noteworthy events coming to my mind for 2021. 2022 though...
10. Jurassic Express - I love their matches, but so far I am still not really into their storylines. Jungle Boy is great though, and Luchasaurus has a great hot tag.

Almost made its include TayJay, Dark Order (Alex Reynolds and John Silver), and TH2 (please do more things)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

Getting this back on the front page by compiling a list of my current favourite factions
LAST. Pheromones (DDT) (Dansoku DIeno, Yuki Iino and Yumehito Imanari)
- gently caress these guys. While House of Torture and DAMNATION T.A are just unentertaining, Pheromones makes me actively embarassed to show people any DDT just in case they show up to do their poo poo. It's such a shame too, Iino and Imanari are good when they're not being dragged down by Dieno's nonsense

Dream match: House of Torture vs Pheromones, loser gets exiled to the planet Venus.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

forkboy84 posted:

Dream match: House of Torture vs Pheromones, loser gets exiled to the planet Venus.

And the match naturally ends with a run in by the reformed Nightmare Collective.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
1- chaos project
2- lucha bros
3- the acclaimed
4- young bucks
5- je
6- best friends
7- ciampa & thatcher
8- new day
9 - ftr
10 - pnp

h.m. the outrunners

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've been a little busy so I've kinda neglected this, but there are just 5 days left to vote!

We are one away from my target of fifty lists!

At the top it's very close between two teams who are way ahead of everyone else. One of those teams has just broken 300 points!

The highest ranked women's tag team is in 12th, so if you love women's wrestling, please vote!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

1. The Young Bucks
2. Lucha Bros
3. Jurassic Express
4. FTR
5. Kings of the Black Throne (Malakai Black and and Brody King)
6. The Acclaimed
7. Dark Order (Evil Uno & Stu Grayson)
8. Best Friends (would be higher but they don't wrestle together that often nowadays)
9. Private Party
10. Proud & Powerful

Jesus christ AEW have a lot of really good tag teams. I am sad at having to leave out 2.0, Silver and Reynolds, Mox and Kingston, TayJay, Bunny and Penelope and a bunch of others.