Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

drat not a single one of my picks made it out of the first post. I had so much hope for the Rock 'n' Roll Express

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bunny & Ford finishing much higher than Astronauts is specifically designed to make me madder than a hatter. But fortunately I've grown up and just accept that no one watches BJW, even when their stuff gets hyped.

Seeing all-time great team DoiYoshi tied with Pheromones, perhaps the single worst gimmick in wrestling right now, just makes me giggle.

Also saddened to remember I probably won't get much more Azure Revolution going forward, that blows.

On the positive side, loved the pic of Sakuda you picked, really excellent job of capturing his essence. Two half lemons attached to a skewer through his checks, wrestling is the purest artform.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I know it's not watched a whole lot around here, and I've only just started paying attention to it again myself, but I'm rather surprised only one team from Impact would even get a mention and only get in at a joint-96th. Shows how far the brand has fallen that it's become such a total nonentity.
Similarly, even though I no longer watch WWE, it's still a bit sad to see the Usos, who are such a long-established and very accomplished team, drop so far they're ranked alongside some one-off teams. Not that I would have voted for them (indeed I didn't), but I'd have thought the people who still watch WWE would have.

Bunny once again ranking higher than Butcher & Blade is good and right. (And will never not amuse me.)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Did nobody vote for the IInspiration?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

Did nobody vote for the IInspiration?

Every list posted in this thread had them at number 2 but wrote it as II, so GWB thought they were just honorable mentions.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thanks for carefully tabulating all the results and putting in all them god drat cutout pics.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thank you for your hard work gw bushi

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Looks like we are going to have at least four different versions of Best Friends.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Thank you for your hard work! drat I really hosed this up by voting BC's Cutest Tag Team first. AND THEY ARE BREAKING UP maybe.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The Butcher & The Blade (The Blade & The Butcher)
:discourse:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

reDRagon
Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly
All Elite Wrestling
ONE FIRST PLACE VOTE

Sneaking in to the top twenty five, both in terms of points, beating the 26th placed teams by just one point, and in terms of eligibility, teaming together for the first time in 2021 on December 29th at the final AEW show of the year. After the dissolution of the Undisputed Era at the end of 2020, reDRagon spent most of 2020 apart with O'Reilly feuding with then former, now current stablemate Adam Cole while Fish did not much of anything at all. Luckily for fans of reDRagon, the duo reunited in AEW at the very end of the year, teaming with Cole against Best Friends.

Las Fresa de Egoistas
Asuka & Makoto
SEAdLINNNG
ONE FIRST PLACE VOTE
HIGHEST RANKING SEAdLINNNG TAG TEAM

Las Ego established themselves at the very top of SEAdLINNNG's highly competitive tag division in 2021, expanding from a tag team to a full stable by adding the Little Twin Berries to their ranks. In May, the team won the Beyond the SEA tag titles for the first time by defeating Citrus Wind (Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima) making Asuka a double champion alongside the Beyond the SEA singles championship. They went on to defeat Rina Yamashita & Yumiko Hotta to defend the belts before dropping them to Nanae and her new partner, Hiroyo Matsumoto. However, Las Ego went on to win a number one contenders' tournament, and ended the year by reclaiming the gold in Nanae Takahashi's final SEAdLINNNG match.

Bullet Club's Cutest Tag Team
El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori
New Japan Pro Wrestling
ONE FIRST PLACE VOTE

With the help of El Phantasmo's Sudden Death superkick, BCCT spent much of the year in the junior heavyweight tag title mix. Though they started the year on the wrong foot by losing the titles to Roppongi 3K, it didn't take long for ELP and Taiji to get back on top of the heap, winning back the titles from El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru just over two weeks later. In February, Desperado & Kanemaru were able to undo that loss, but in June, BCCT became champions for the third time by defeating new champions Roppongi 3K. After a successful defence in the Tokyo Dome against the Mega Coaches, BCCT lost in the finals of the Super Junior Tag League and then lost the titles to eventual winners, El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru. Yes, the junior tag titles bounced a lot between those three teams last year.

Bishamon
Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI
New Japan Pro Wrestling

Bishamon picked up 2021 how they had ended 2020, alongside CHAOS stablemate Tomohiro Ishii, rehabilitating the reputation of both the NEVER Openweight Six Man championship and YOSHI-HASHI himself. Though they were able to successfully defend the six man titles against Jay White and the Guerrillas of Destiny at the New Beginning, Bishamon's challenge for GOD's tag team championships was unsuccessful at Castle Attack. Throughout the rest of the year, Goto, YOSHI-HASHI and Ishii continued their record breaking six man reign, defeating teams from Bullet Club, Los Ingobernables de Japon, Suzuki-gun and the Third Generation before finally dropping them to the House of Torture. Bishamon then entered the World Tag League, which they went on to win, avenging their loss to the House of Torture in the finals with the (moral) support of eventual Wrestle Kingdom opponents, Dangerous Tekkers, and (physical) support of partner, Tomohiro Ishii.

Pencil Army
Lulu Pencil & Emi Pencil
Gatoh Move

Pencil Army began the year as a four man group with Minoru Fujita and Chris Brookes joining Lulu and Emi. However, frustrated with Lulu's inability to win matches, Brookes turned on the unit and embarked on a war against his former group, recruiting Asuka & Yuna Mizumori to face Lulu, Emi and Fujita, leading up to an iron man match between Lulu and Chris. Later in the year, Lulu would follow Emi to the USA to second her in her AEW career but didn't compete in the ring herself in the promotion.

Chaos Project
Japanese Deathmatch Legend Luther & Serpentico
All Elite Wrestling
ONE FIRST PLACE VOTE

A mainstay of AEW Dark, the cult favourite duo's last appearance on Dynamite in 2021 came all the way back in February losing to Hangman Adam Page and Matt Hardy following on from their first (and only other) 2021 Dynamite appearance teaming with The Hybrid2 against Hangman Adam Page and the Dark Order. The team's win/loss record wasn't much better on YouTube than on TV, picking up three victories on the year. However, winning isn't everything, and the two have amassed a dedicated internet fanbase and even got to go on the Jericho Cruise to entertain fans.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 9, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pencil Army and Chaos Project together is perfection :allears:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
chaos project is the best and i gave them a first place vote

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

graph posted:

chaos project is the best and i gave them a first place vote

fixed

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TayJay
Tay Conti & Anna Jay
All Elite Wrestling

Kota Ibushi, Kane, Yoshitatsu. Tay Conti follows in a proud pro wrestling tradition of forming a tag team with a member of a stable without actually joining it. Originally formed for the women's tag tournament in 2020, TayJay spent most of the year apart with Anna Jay on the shelf. After Anna's return in September, the duo warred with the Hardy Family Office's The Bunny and Penelope Ford cumulating in victory in a bloody battle on the final Rampage of the year to end 2021 undefeated in tag team competition.

Magical Sugar Rabbits
Yuka Sakazaki & Mizuki
Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling

TJPW's premiere tag team started 2021 on the wrong foot with a first round loss to the Bakuretsu Sisters in the Max Heart tag tournament. However, that would prove to be the only 2 on 2 loss for the Rabbits all year, with the only other blemish on their record as a duo coming in a three way tag. At Wrestle Princess, Mizuki and Yuka were able to once again rise to the top of the division by defeating NEO Biishiki-gun to with the Princess Tag championships. In their sole defence of the titles to date, they defeated the popular team of 121000000, before defending the honour of TJPW against outsiders Tropikawaild in a non-title match.

Kings of the Black Throne
Malakai Black & Brody King
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
HIGHEST RANKING PWG TEAM

Formed in a shocking post-show angle at the end of the first PWG show in almost two years, the Kings of the Black Throne went on to defeat Black Taurus and Demonic Flamita to capture the vacant PWG tag team championships, which they went on to defend against the Workhorseman. Bringing their mix of spooky magic and ultraviolence to AEW in 2022, this team could be looking at a top ten finish when we decide our favourite tag teams of 2022.

BestBros
Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga
Gatoh Move
ONE FIRST PLACE VOTE
HIGHEST RANKING GATOH MOVE TEAM
HIGHEST RANKING INTERGENDER TAG TEAM

Statistically speaking, BestBros have to be looked at as one of the most successful tag teams on 2021, spending the entire year as Asia Dream Tag Team Champions after defeating former champions Reset at the end of 2020. Akki and Mei were able to see off some very tough competition including CDK, CHANGO & PSYCHO and even former FREEDOMS tag team champions, UNCHAIN's Minoru Fujita and Rina Yamashita. The one blemish on BestBro's record coming in failing to advance from their block in the One of a Kind Tag League despite being undefeated, as two time limit draws cost them a finals berth.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we did it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I've got 1 team in the top 15 then.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lol that the 3rd place vote I gave to Kenoh/Katsu made them the highest ranking NOAH team

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

I've got 1 team in the top 15 then.

I think every team I voted for is in the top 15 :dance:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Top 15 is gonna be Tekkers and 14 AEW tag teams I guess

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

a cyborg mug posted:

There's still 2 TJPW teams left

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

a cyborg mug posted:

I can't believe Tony Con would dare make a product people enjoy watching :argh:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

I can't believe Tony Con would dare make a product people enjoy watching :argh:

Tony didn't make Tekkers

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So even if I hadn't dropped Magical Sugar Rabbits off my list, it wouldn't have affected their ranking at all.... it's all the fault of that rude Djinn!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh
THREE FIRST PLACE VOTES

The first team on the list to be more than one person's favourite tag team in the voting, Miyu and Maki formalised their tag team in 2021 by giving it the name "121000000". Beginning the year with a run to the finals of the Max Heart tag tournament where they were defeated by NEO Biishiki-gun, the duo racked up a series of wins to bring themselves into title contention twice in 2021 but failing in their challenge both times, falling once again to NEO Biishiki-gun in June and to Magical Sugar Rabbits in November. However, it was as opponents rather than partners that they found most success, main eventing TJPW's biggest show of the year, Wrestle Princess for the Princess of Princess Championship.

Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston
All Elite Wrestling

After their bitter rivalry in 2020, Moxley and Kingston surprisingly found themselves on the same page in 2021 as Kingston served as Mox's back up in his battles with Kenny Omega and The Elite starting with a victory over The Goodbrothers, leading to an unsuccessful tag title challenge against The Young Bucks at Double or Nothing. Later in the year they would find themselves united again to take on the upstarts Daniel Garcia and 2point0 before going to war with Suzuki-gun in a feud that would lead to Eddie stepping through the forbidden door to NJPW for the first time.

The Dark Order
Evil Uno & Stu Grayson
All Elite Wrestling

The founding members of The Dark Order now find themselves as the second most popular tag team in The Dark Order among our voter base but still racked up an impressive thirteenth place in the poll. The two went on an impressive winning streak on AEW Dark, only to fall to the Men of the Year on their return to Dynamite. Serving as back up for Hangman Adam Page after his friendship with Kenny Omega fell apart, Uno and Stu unsuccessfully challenged The Goodbrothers for the Impact Tag Championships.

Darby Allin & Sting
All Elite Wrestling

Teaming up initially to take on Team Taz, Sting has taken the former TNT Champion under his wing, though judging by the 62-year-old's death defying antics in the ring it might be fairer to say that Darby has had more of an influence on him. Though they only teamed together six times in 2021, the pair have remained undefeated to this day and with all of their matches being appointment TV viewing, it's no wonder they were able to place so highly in this poll.

NEO Biishiki-gun
Sakisama & Mei St-Michel
HIGHEST RANKING TJPW TAG TEAM
HIGHEST RANKING WOMEN'S TAG TEAM

Though nobody could bring themselves to admit that a FRENCH tag team was their favourite tag team in the whole world, the latest incarnation of NBG still find themselves the number one ranked women's tag team among the denizens of Something Awful, and that really is something awful. Sakisama and Mei returned from their villa in France to win the Max Heart Tag tournament and went on to defeat the Bakuretsu Sisters to capture the Princess Tag championships for the first time as a duo, but the third time for NEO Biishiki-gun as a unit. Despite holding the titles for six months as a unit they only made one successful defence against 121000000 before dropping the belts to the Magical Sugar Rabbits at Wrestle Princess.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 10, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:france: :hai::france:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So sophisticated and glamorous :swoon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NEO Biishiki-gun as the top ranked women's tag team loving rules :hellyeah:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All 8 of my men's team picks made the top 10 :woop:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

All 8 of my men's team picks made the top 10 :woop:

For like most of the voting, you and Jerusalem both had 9 picks in the top 10 lol

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Dark Order
Alex Reynolds & John Silver
All Elite Wrestling

The former Beaver Boys enjoyed a great deal of popularity among the voterbase for this poll, even managing to surpass Dark Order's primary tag team, Evil Uno and Stu Grayson, to be the number one ranked Dark Order team, even if one member of the team may be shouldering more of the responsibility for their popularity as evidenced by one of the votes for them reading "John Silver" and the other guy. Reynolds & Silver racked up an impressive series of wins on AEW Dark in 2021 that qualified them for a title shot at the beginning of 2022, though their only title match within the eligibility period came outside AEW when they failed to capture the NYWC Tag Team championships. However it was their antics outside the ring that just as much, if not more so, led them to find a place in this forums' hearts as "Johnny Hungee" became one of the biggest success stories of the long running Being the Elite series.

Ever-Rise / 2point0
Jeff Parker / Chase Parker & Matt Lee / Matt Martel
WWE / All Elite Wrestling
HIGHEST RANKING WWE TEAM
ONE FIRST PLACE VOTE

Beginning the year largely confined to 205 Live, the team of Ever-Rise went out in the first round of the Dusty Rhodes Classic against the Grizzled Young Veterans and only managed to pick up one victory in the rest of their WWE tenure against the team of Ariya Daivari & Tony Nese. However, their Twitter promos still managed to win a lot of fans over to the team who end the ranked number one among all the teams that wrestled in WWE in 2021. After being released from WWE in the summer, the pair went on to much greener pastures, appearing at a Control Your Narrative show to provide sardonic commentary on the fighters attempting to control their own narratives. From there, going back to the name 2point0, Parker and Lee joined up with their "son" Daniel Garcia and dedicated themselves to irritating as many of AEW's top stars as possible to make a name, starting with Jon Moxley, Eddie Kingston and Darby Allin before moving on to Chris Jericho and the Inner Circle. In AEW it seems they will finally live up to their WWE name.

Proud-N-Powerful
Santana & Ortiz
All Elite Wrestling
HIGHEST RANKING TEAM WITH NO FIRST PLACE VOTES

Santana & Ortiz spent most of 2021 playing second fiddle to Chris Jericho in The Inner Circle, in a decision that I'm sure ended up with no unfortunate consequences for The Demogod. However, they still kept entertaining enough of us for them to crack a top ten finish, even if none among us consider them our favourite tag team. The year certainly started on a bright note for PNP when they were able to challenge The Young Bucks for the AEW Tag Team Championships, but from point on the two settled into a support role as The Inner Circle did battle with The Pinnacle and then 2point0 and Daniel Garcia. Now, in 2022, aiming to put themselves first, perhaps PNP can challenge for the top spot in this popularity contest without Chris Jericho holding them back.

The Acclaimed
Max Caster & Anthony Bowens
All Elite Wrestling
THREE FIRST PLACE VOTES

Everyone loves The Acclaimed! Perhaps not as much as they love the six teams above them on the list, but more than like every other tag team in the world, and that's a lot of tag teams! Like many of the teams on this list, The Acclaimed put together an impressive string of victories on AEW Dark, but weren't quite as successful in their ventures on TV, most notably falling to the Lucha Brothers in just over 5 minutes in a tag title challenge on Rampage. Since November, Caster & Bowens have found themselves on TV more regularly and more importantly with more success, rising to the top of the AEW tag team rankings once again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh right, 2point0 were in WWE! :laugh:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Oh right, 2point0 were in WWE! :laugh:

I didn't know whether to count them as the highest ranked WWE team because I'm sure not a single soul voted for them based off of their WWE run (I did enjoy seeing their promos on Twitter though!) but it's technically true.

If anybody objects to it then congratulations to RK-Bro I guess.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
EVERYBODY LOVES THE ACCLAIMED :hai:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I picked 8 of the top 8 :hellyeah:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

EVERYBODY LOVES THE ACCLAIMED :hai:

Please don't lie, it's bad.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Please don't lie, it's bad.

They wouldn't say it if it wasn't true!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I do not love the acclaimed, in fact I'm pretty sure they weren't on the one full AEW show I watched last year so I haven't seen anything from them

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
My boys are #1 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ever-Rise sounds like a branded description on a baking product.

NEW! Pillsbury Bread Mix with Ever-Rise™ Dough!