Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

He's not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Question, is there any sort of rivalry between Browns fans and Bengals fans? Like, are Browns fans happy today or Not Mad

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

loquacius posted:

Question, is there any sort of rivalry between Browns fans and Bengals fans? Like, are Browns fans happy today or Not Mad

I'd be equally happy for like the cardinals or chargers

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

loquacius posted:

they both like to pretend they are the not shithole ohio city.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Not only was that a great game, it had the greatest halftime talking heads segment ever.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1487958910724149249

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Same

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/JoeyB/status/348581657013547008?t=nJzi2AOaapiN52dwogwAbA&s=19

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

I can't speak for anybody else but I've always had a soft spot for them. If the Bengals ever win a ring I want them to win a ring right after.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Where I’m from the town is split about 33% for each Ohio team and Pittsburg. It always seemed like all three camps pretty strongly hated each other and rooted for the other teams to lose in the playoffs. I’ve softened quite a bit, but I still had a hard time rooting for Cleveland in the playoffs last year.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

If the bengos can go to the super bowl by beating the Chiefs then by god so can the chargers

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

I can't speak for anybody else but I've always had a soft spot for them. If the Bengals ever win a ring I want them to win a ring right after.

I kind of feel bad for them. Baker Mayfield was supposed to be what Joe Burrow is and he's gonna end up busting. Instead they get to watch their in-state "rival" (for whatever that's worth) land their franchise guy for 10-15 years and dominate the division.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

loquacius posted:

If the Browns were good I'd maybe think differently but nah man I like them just fine and I speak for all Bengals fans.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

loquacius posted:

Cincinnati fans hate Pittsburgh way more than Cleveland these days. Cleveland has had just as bad a time as we have.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
For me it's always going to be unthinking seething hate for the Steelers and at worst ambivalence for the other two teams.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

So we were at the AFCCG. A few observations:

• The Bengals fans were great. We gave them proper congratulations, and they were gracious in victory. A few told us that the Chiefs fans were the nicest they’ve encountered on the road.
  • Andy will never learn to stick with what’s working. He has some innate need to change up for the sake of doing it. That offensive performance in the second half was truly offensive.
  • TAKE THE GODDAMN FIELD GOAL YOU DOLTS.
  • Mahomes needs to stop scrambling like Tarkenton Mk.II and just get rid of it when poo poo isn’t working.
  • I just about had a psychotic break in the fourth quarter. Too many bad memories came flooding back.

But, we had a good weekend in KC. Wife had a great time; we went to LC’s BBQ and she raved over it. So, not all bad.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Stupid 49ers
Stupid Rams
Sexy Bengos

LA vs Cincy

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
congrats and good luck to all the ring chasers on the rams

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I can't believe Eric weddle is going to the super bowl lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Fire Kyle and Jimmy bring in Brady and let him be a player-coach

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
This will officially be the Andrew Whitworth Bowl

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Would be kind of cool for OBJ to get a ring and Baker to sulk.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Geaux Bengals!

Get hosed, Rams.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
This has also been like the best postseason I can remember in a long time. Aside from the Tampa Bay-Philadelphia game, everything else has been close or involved New England and Pittsburgh getting buttfucked.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

TheBizzness posted:

Man, you're making me feel like there's no bad outcome in two weeks.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

49ers were 100% correct to draft Trey Lance. Jimmy is so, so bad.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kirios posted:

49ers were 100% correct to draft Trey Lance. Jimmy is so, so bad.

He is but Kyle has now blown three playoff games in creepily similar ways.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

There isn’t. Either the long suffering Bengos get a SuperBowl or Stafford proves he’s better than Aaron Rodgers by immediately winning a Super Bowl once he’s no longer trapped in a back hole franchise.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i don't think anyone hates this super bowl, except cleveland fans

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He's got his guy now and they let him get a year to sit back and learn. If he fails again he's gone.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Because there kinda isn't. Bengals are the feel good story, but rams have a lot of good older players that deserve a ring. This has been the best playoffs I think I've seen as a neutral observer.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kirios posted:

He's got his guy now and they let him get a year to sit back and learn. If he fails again he's gone.

Who would they get that's better than him?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

fartknocker posted:

This has also been like the best postseason I can remember in a long time. Aside from the Tampa Bay-Philadelphia game, everything else has been close or involved New England and Pittsburgh getting buttfucked.

It's the best I've ever witnessed in my life. Literally only one game went contrary to what I wanted, and that was the Bills falling to the Chiefs which was quickly corrected by the Bengals. So stoked to have these two teams fighting it out and knowing I can be totally happy for either one

But even beyond what I wanted, the games have just been bangin and so fun to watch. I've just loved it so much. It's kind of rekindled my love of football a little bit, to see all these great games and cool teams going through

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

TheBizzness posted:

He's already sulking and quit social media

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don’t think they were all that similar. It’s not like being up 10 in the third on the chiefs or the rams are insurmountable leads that you can just run the clock out on.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jimmy G certainly cemented his 49ers legacy tonight.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Play posted:

that was a shocking meltdown in the second half and overtime. just bizarre. as ive mentioned perhaps way too many times, I used the fork emoji when the Chiefs were at the goal line at the end of the first half about to go up 28-3 or 24-3 at the least

then they just... stopped doing things. they got stopped 3 times in the second half, and the 4th time they got held out of the end zone to trigger overtime

then they WON the coin toss and got stopped AGAIN!!11 wth

obviously so rigged

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Miracle run outta juice. Tartt probably blames himself but Jimmy had multiple chances to be something other than Jimmy

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

For me it's always going to be unthinking seething hate for the Steelers and at worst ambivalence for the other two teams.

There are other teams in the division?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think they were all that similar. It’s not like being up 10 in the third on the chiefs or the rams are insurmountable leads that you can just run the clock out on.

Yeah, seriously.