Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I haven't followed football in years, how are the bengals in the superb owl

i thought they were the perennially horrible team, just like the browns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

actionjackson posted:

I haven't followed football in years, how are the bengals in the superb owl

i thought they were the perennially horrible team, just like the browns

They drafted the 2019 LSU offense.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Back up the brinks truck for Brandon Scherff bengals. Ryan Jensen probably gets loose from the Buccs if Brady is retiring. Austin Corbett is appearently good and playing guard/center for the rams

There's center and right guard handled. They've got a left tackle so the hardest position on the line to find is handled. The line situation is really fixable with the assets they have.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 31, 2022

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

If that Iowa center is still there at like pick 25 in the draft then the Bengals should absolutely make some moves to get him

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
excited for the benjals to hoist the Vince Lombardi Memorial Trophy

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

so are the bungles now the

fungles?

that sounds too similar to fungals though

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

actionjackson posted:

fungles?

that sounds too similar to fungals though

going by the Bengals' reputation in terms of practice facilities, it's accurate no matter how you read it!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Back up the brinks truck for Brandon Scherff bengals. Ryan Jensen probably gets loose from the Buccs if Brady is retiring. Austin Corbett is appearently good and playing guard/center for the rams

There's center and right guard handled. They've got a left tackle so the hardest position on the line to find is handled. The line situation is really fixable with the assets they have.

The last guy that was good at playing guard/center for the Rams was only active for 4 games this year for the team that lost the AFC championship.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Bengals Oline might be terrible at pass blocking but they are solid at run blocking so there is no way they are overall worse than the Dolphins line.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

The Bengals Oline might be terrible at pass blocking but they are solid at run blocking so there is no way they are overall worse than the Dolphins line.

I don't think they are that good at run blocking either. As evidenced by Mixon averaging like 1.5 ypc on first down.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That’s what the Dolphins average on every down.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

HappyHippo posted:

I wonder if mahomes just plain forgot how many timeouts they had? They burned one in a weird way earlier in the half (called a TO, then challenged the play, so they didn't get the TO back even though they won the challenge), and he tried to call one right after that play

This is what I was thinking yeah.

Either way the Andy Reid School of Time Management(TM) strikes again

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is a horrible take. Trey Hendrickson, Chidobe Awuzie, Mike Hilton, and Vonn Bell are not "JAGs". They are all starters that played well for their previous teams last year that left in FA or were cut, then joined the Bengals.

Henrickson is a great player they paid market rate to get who has still way out performed his contract. Chidobe Awuzie, Mike Hilton, and Vonn Bell are the definition of JAGs before they suited up for the Bengals this year. Awuzie has played like a top 5 corner and you cannot tell me anyone in the league thought he was capable of that.

I think y'all are underestimating two things. One, how excellent the Bengals WR Corp. Combined with Mixon that is an insanely deadly skill position group. Two, how good Matt Ryan was. Dude was an MVP and absolutely deserved to be. Most of his teams have been really competitive. He just wasn't a Manning or Brady type that turned bad rosters into playoff caliber teams.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean if Brady retires, then I foresee 2022 Matt Ryan turning the Falcons into a playoff team :v:

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

The Puppy Bowl posted:

He just wasn't a Manning or Brady type that turned bad rosters into playoff caliber teams.
This is some next level trolling, I’m not even sure whats being said here

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Burrow in just his second year is already reading plays well enough that he's looking through his progressions at the top of his drop and calling plays when the headset goes out - and it's working. His ball placement most of the time is immaculate and he can extend and make plays with his feet when needed. The dudes elite. With the exception of Allen its kind of hard to argue against him being the best performing QB of the post season and that's behind a line that gave up an NFL playoff record sacks a little over a week ago.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Burrow's escape from what would've been a Chris Jones drive-killing sack was pretty nifty too. I'm not saying he's the next Tom Brady, but Tom Brady did have a pretty nice career mostly standing in the pocket making quick, accurate throws.

The Chiefs collapse is fascinating, though, and thanks to everyone who has posted some links for explanation. Watching live, I couldn't come up with anything but a break in the space-time continuum where the Week 20 Chiefs went into the locker room and somehow the Week 3 Chiefs came out.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's worth mentioning that this offense is significantly constrained by an expectation that Joe will not have 2.5 seconds in the pocket. What we're seeing right now is basically 30% of the plays an offense would ideally like to run. If they do figure out how to get a 15th ranked O-line in passing the defense can fall off a cliff and it will not be a killer at all.

Regression is something that happens to nearly every good team, but the Bengals core is largely players that are not yet fully developed and there's no reason to expect a talent exodus outside of significant injuries, which is something largely outside of influence or control. The correct outlook at this time for the Cincinnati Bengals is to be unabashedly optimistic.

And that terrifies me.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Henrickson is a great player they paid market rate to get who has still way out performed his contract. Chidobe Awuzie, Mike Hilton, and Vonn Bell are the definition of JAGs before they suited up for the Bengals this year. Awuzie has played like a top 5 corner and you cannot tell me anyone in the league thought he was capable of that.

I'm with you totally on Hilton and mostly on Bell (although Bell was very highly touted before getting his soul reaped in the Minneapolis Miracle). But Awuzie was actually really good in Dallas. I was surprised they let him go but I think it was mainly cap reasons they did it, he had all the promise in the world .

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I think y'all are underestimating two things. One, how excellent the Bengals WR Corp. Combined with Mixon that is an insanely deadly skill position group. Two, how good Matt Ryan was. Dude was an MVP and absolutely deserved to be. Most of his teams have been really competitive. He just wasn't a Manning or Brady type that turned bad rosters into playoff caliber teams.
I'm now convinced you're trolling so I'm going to drop it. Especially because you cherry picked one thing of the many questionable things about your post that I called out.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 1, 2022

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At worst Chido is the fourth player on our defense and I would argue he's second behind DJ Reader.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
DJ Reader is another guy playing way better than last year.

I'm now convinced you're trolling so I'm going to drop it. Especially because you cherry picked one thing of the many questionable things about your post that I called out.

It was the only one that seemed worth commenting on.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

DJ Reader is another guy playing way better than last year.

I would hope so considering he had a season ending injury in week 5 of last year.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

I'll give you this one - sorta. The Raiders and Titans were as healthy as they were all season and the Bengals beat them.

Did they?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
^^^^
Yep. It ruled.

DJ Reader is an excellent player and is playing to the same caliber he has for the past 4 years while healthy. This is just sour grapes.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's pretty incredible to me the job they did putting that defense together.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Eifert Posting posted:

^^^^
Yep. It ruled.

DJ Reader is an excellent player and is playing to the same caliber he has for the past 4 years while healthy. This is just sour grapes.

What sour grapes? I'm saying the Bengals did a fantastic job putting that defense together and they did it way cheaper than you would expect for that kind of turnaround. I really think Hendricks is one of the few guys getting fair market value for his production. That's a good thing!

I've been raving for years about the sweetheart deal the Ravens signed Chuck Clark to and the Bengals are getting that level of production, or far better, out of similarly great contracts. It's a real coup.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

I'm with you totally on Hilton and mostly on Bell (although Bell was very highly touted before getting his soul reaped in the Minneapolis Miracle).

Marcus Williams was the victim of the Minneapolis Miracle and he’s also turned into a really solid safety.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Victim makes it sound like he was an innocent bystander and didn't do the dumbest thing imaginable.

There's a pretty real chance if you put your grandpa in that situation he could clog things up long enough for the tackle to be made.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

I mean if Brady retires, then I foresee 2022 Matt Ryan turning the Falcons into a playoff team :v:

SOMEONE has to win the division lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think it is very nice that even though Tom Brady won't be in the Super Bowl this year, we will still probably hear about him more than any other players for the next two weeks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

boop the snoot posted:

I think it is very nice that even though Tom Brady won't be in the Super Bowl this year, we will still probably hear about him more than any other players for the next two weeks.

Nah, once a player retires you rarely hear from them again. I mean, when’s the last time you heard from either of the Mannings?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Nah, once a player retires you rarely hear from them again. I mean, when’s the last time you heard from either of the Mannings?

maybe he'll become a color commentator for cbs

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
We should be discussing Tom Brady in every thread in TFF.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Silly Burrito posted:

Romo too. Wonder what he’s been up to.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I really hope no major network is planning on making us look at Ben's fat face for the next 20 years.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I really hope no major network is planning on making us look at Ben's fat face for the next 20 years.

Going to join Guy Fieri on Diners, Driveins and Dives.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

We should be discussing Tom Brady in every thread in TFF.

The old Jets/Jags TE? I thought he retired years ago.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CourtTV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:lol: