Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm not worried about a pass rush, the Bengals gave up 9 sacks and won two weeks ago.

Game will be decided by the secondaries.

That's true, but also, it's not gonna be Ryan Tannehill and the corpse of Henry they're punting to after those sacks this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1487996543974084608

Imagine if the Rams don't sign OBJ. Holy poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Codependent Poster posted:

Rooting for the Rams so Stafford gets a ring. Burrow will have plenty more chances but this is probably Stafford's only shot.

The NFC could be super wide open next year, but also Trey Lance could turn the 49ers into loving Super Saiyans, so, I agree with the sentiment of this post.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Play posted:

this will be the lowest-seeded super bowl in NFL history (since seeding began after super bowl X). two 4 seeds. there has never been a super bowl without a 1, 2 or 3 seed ever.

So is this due to the expanded playoffs and one of the byes being gone or what?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Is this... complaining about the Rams winning to own the libs? What the gently caress point does this moron think he's making?

Celebrities are obnoxious shitheads. It is a fair point, but also, go Rams.

Play posted:

that probably has something to do with it, yes. since the two seed had to play an extra game which means an extra chance for them to lose. still unique I would say, especially when you consider that neither of these two teams were favored to reach the super bowl at all and there were some big teams in the one and two seeds that looked almost unbeatable

Let's see.

The Titans always looked kinda shaky, I think and the Bucs were always going to be going into a matchup nightmare with the Rams and they needed a bunch of insane stuff to happen just for that game to not be a blowout. I don't think either of those teams losing is thaaaaaat surprising and even if they had gotten to the championship game, I think they'd have lost there, although who knows what 49ers/Bucs would've looked like.

Neither the Packers or Chiefs making it to the Super Bowl is pretty surprising. They both looked pretty loving good, although you can argue the Packers always had weaknesses that could sink them and the Chiefs spent a significant chunk of the season looking pretty smelly.

I think the lesson to take away from this is that the 49ers are a matchup nightmare for everybody and and Joe Burrow's dick is huge.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 31, 2022

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, if the Rams win the Super Bowl.

Does that purge the curse of Bobby Layne?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Professor Funk posted:

Rams have a bunch of dudes who I want to win rings, especially Stafford and Donald.

Cincy has Joe Burrow, who is cool as hell. You also get the feeling that this is their one shot, given how tough the AFC is going to be for the foreseeable future, so want them to make the most of it. As good as Burrow is, you can't bank on them being back anytime soon.

I'm definitely happy with either team winning.

I dunno man, I know the AFC is gonna be a dog fight but if Cincy puts a line in front of Burrow, they're right there for a good long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fartknocker posted:

If anything, it furthers it, since Stafford would be winning the very first season he got away from Detroit.

Look, the Lions got cursed because they traded Layne to a garbage team for nothing, right?

So clearly, by trading Stafford to a contender and him winning a championship, the curse will be broken. :v: