Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

If the bengos can go to the super bowl by beating the Chiefs then by god so can the chargers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I can't believe Eric weddle is going to the super bowl lol

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

solarjetman posted:

I'd wondered what kind of halftime adjustment the Cincy DC made, to fluster and contain Mahomes. Apparently at least part of the answer is: act like you're rushing 4, then drop back a DE as a spy. https://mobile.twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1488137340446986249

Oh man big 12 football is really in the NFL now

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The Bengals kept running on first down for like one yard and throwing screens on third and long, and won. They played like cowards most of the game against the team you can't play cowardly against and won. It's a team of destiny as far as I can tell because nothing else about the ways they've been winning makes sense

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The best way to stay consistently relevant year in and year out is to have a QB so good that it covers up other weaknesses. I'm not yet convinced Burrow is that guy.

Do you just not watch Joe burrow throw when watching Bengals game

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

boop the snoot posted:

if they don't go hard on getting an O-line around this offseason him I hope he leaves town first chance he gets

do they have any issues with cap or idk, whatever issues might exist, that could keep them from plugging the Swiss cheese line they have?

They have a lot of cap space and their best players on offense are still on rookie deals. I think the main issue is that there just aren't that many good guards and centers in the NFL let alone hitting free agency this offseason

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

These two posts back to back.

I mean a guy like Matt feiler provides really solid-if-unspectacular o line play and is a top ten guard in the league. It's a bit thin past the top line guys. Now the Bengals are different in that their guards should not be on NFL rosters based on their play this post season so they can find upgrades but they might need to pay big money for like Brandon scherff to really take that unit to the next level

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

a neat cape posted:

I want a right tackle pls

The draft has been pumping out like five good-great rookie tackles a year the past couple years, surely there will be one in the first three rounds the chargers can draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

If that Iowa center is still there at like pick 25 in the draft then the Bengals should absolutely make some moves to get him