Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Glad that Joe Burrow is wasting no time in proving he’s the best QB in the league in his first full season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Man, you're making me feel like there's no bad outcome in two weeks.

There isn’t. Either the long suffering Bengos get a SuperBowl or Stafford proves he’s better than Aaron Rodgers by immediately winning a Super Bowl once he’s no longer trapped in a back hole franchise.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He is but Kyle has now blown three playoff games in creepily similar ways.

I don’t think they were all that similar. It’s not like being up 10 in the third on the chiefs or the rams are insurmountable leads that you can just run the clock out on.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Turdfuzz posted:

i think its weird that ppl think the chiefs are the new patriots when they've won exactly one superbowl in the last 50yrs and literally just lost to the bengals

They’re obviously wrong because the Bengals are the new patriots.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Kyle Shanahan sure loves pissing his pants in big moments.

I mean, Deebo is a WR so aside from the occasional designed run play or screen to Deebo if he’s not getting touches it’s because Jimmy isn’t throwing to him, probably because he’s a bad QB.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm making a slight downward adjustment because the general quality of NFL QBs has increased so much. On that sliding scale Derek Carr is like a Matt Schaub and Burrow is like a Ryan.

This entire assessment basically seems to come down to “he’s got a good enough arm but he can’t throw the ball through concrete.” It’s a nice quality to have in a QB but not nearly the most important.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Allen and Mahomes have so badly broken QB scouting that the pendulum for some people has swung entirely the other way and now simply being an accurate passer who makes good, quick reads, works well within the pocket but can extend plays when needed, and doesn’t get phased by pressure is not enough if you can’t also throw it 70 yards on the run.

This despite the fact that 8 of the last 10 Super Bowl Super Bowls have been won by Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco, Nick Foles, and Peyton Manning.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Kalli posted:

It's easy enough to find + guards and centers though, and that's what they need to upgrade mostly. Like yeah, they could all stand to be upgraded, but that would solve their critical issues.

Chucktesla posted:

They have a lot of cap space and their best players on offense are still on rookie deals. I think the main issue is that there just aren't that many good guards and centers in the NFL let alone hitting free agency this offseason

These two posts back to back.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

actionjackson posted:

I haven't followed football in years, how are the bengals in the superb owl

i thought they were the perennially horrible team, just like the browns

They drafted the 2019 LSU offense.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Play posted:

I'm with you totally on Hilton and mostly on Bell (although Bell was very highly touted before getting his soul reaped in the Minneapolis Miracle).

Marcus Williams was the victim of the Minneapolis Miracle and he’s also turned into a really solid safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Play posted:

oops, thought I might be getting that one wrong but wasn't sure. they were both on the saints together right'

Yea, Bell was there too but they let him walk at the end of his rookie contract.