Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

drat is not a cuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

E: wrong thread

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Was working on a task and suddenly Jimmy G in a Texans uniform popped into my head and I hate that I saw the future.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Stat nerds need to be bullied much harder.

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1487972857485352963?t=joo0bruWZNdETWq6KONacQ&s=19

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Here’s a tweet about Joe Burrow right before the Bengals stormed back

https://twitter.com/thestevenruiz/status/1487914557850988552?s=21

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Around 12 years ago TFF did a big bracket voting thing to determine which team was the best of all time and somehow the 2005 Seahawks won.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

My views are that Joe Burrow seems cool and good and the Bengals should win the SuperBowl.

edit: Matthew Stafford winning a SuperBowl would also be nice :)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Never had a doubt an Ohio team would be in the Super Bowl.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Comrade Burrow

https://twitter.com/JoeyB/status/818883451797590016

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Never had a doubt an Ohio team would be in the Super Bowl.

??? Google?? Mods??

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tom Tucker posted:

??? Google?? Mods??

Checks out

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

??? Google?? Mods??

Always has been.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

A bit conflicted. Joe Burrow seems cool and should win a super bowl, but rewarding Cincinnati for the gross slop they call chili seems wrong

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Guze posted:

A bit conflicted. Joe Burrow seems cool and should win a super bowl, but rewarding Cincinnati for the gross slop they call chili seems wrong

Don’t worry about it. There is no chance that their ownership group even tries to keep any of this team together long term. Just let their fans have this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Guze posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeyB/status/966064497155805184

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Guze posted:

When Joe Burrow and Evan McPherson (PBUH) bring the Cinati Bengos to their ultimate victory over the forces of evil (Rams=goats=Baphomet), the United States will be ushered into a new Golden Age, which will make Gold Star Chili (The official chili of the Cincinnati Bengals) the ONLY chili available, with all other inferior chilis cast into the abyss.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:agreed:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
This Joey Burrow, this is my kind of guy.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

He knew the glory of the Who Dey Way even before becoming a Bengo

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
This is true, Gold Star Chili is the Official Chili of the Cincinnati Bengals

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Don’t worry about it. There is no chance that their ownership group even tries to keep any of this team together long term. Just let their fans have this.

The major contributors have two plus years left on their deal. The biggest names that are going to be free agents at the end of this year are Ogunjobi Uzomah and Bates (who would be franchised without a deal).

The earliest the roster can really fall apart is the 2024 off-season, and even then it's positions like slot receiver and a pretty good left tackle. Almost all of the studs are locked up for three years.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Around 12 years ago TFF did a big bracket voting thing to determine which team was the best of all time and somehow the 2005 Seahawks won.

The system works

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
When do we find out player awards? Burrow's gotta be shoe-in for CPOTY, right?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Dak

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

What a dumb loving analysis, even if the Chiefs had won. Nothing about what was happening in that game related to Joe Burrow's arm strength or lack thereof. In any way.

This guy gets paid to comment on the NFL doesn't he. Of course he does.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Formally, next Thursday at the NFL Honors awards show. However, the various winners usually leak earlier that afternoon or the day before.

And yeah, favorite for CPotY is Dak.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lmfao

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Are you loving kidding me lmao

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It's fitting that Schatz has a caricature for an avatar since FO is mostly used for comedic effect.

Also, Mahomes really poo poo all over himself that 2nd half. lol

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

CJ Uzomah's knee injury might not keep him out of the Superbowl. It's a sprain, so we'll see!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay if your model says Jimmy G was the best QB yesterday, maybe time to find a new model?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1488236292534059008?s=20&t=9cZqcYZdI2T4BmB6TC7OSA

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MJeff posted:

Okay if your model says Jimmy G was the best QB yesterday, maybe time to find a new model?

At this point they’re incapable of changing. They think their model is reality and the real world is in error.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

MJeff posted:

Rams defense is very good, that's why.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
So what's the opening line on the pro bowl?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nodoze posted:

Rams defense is very good, that's why.

They aren’t good enough that scoring 17 points against them is a feat worthy of being declared the best QB performance of the week.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I mean this is correct but they aren’t very good at finding the best team either

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Racing Stripe posted:

CJ Uzomah's knee injury might not keep him out of the Superbowl. It's a sprain, so we'll see!

Tyler Higbee is probably out for the Rams and the only other tight end on the roster is breakout undrafted superstar Kendall Blanton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

So for Burrow they say that his two TD passes gained a total of zero yards through the air and 43 after the catch.

Sure looks like this gains yards through the air so are they penalizing Burrow for the yards “lost” on the screen to Perrine so they can pretend he didn’t throw a TD pass into the endzone?

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFL/status/1487912432752230401

Clown show