Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i feel like DENNYS used to suck...

we all used to go there a lot in the 90s... we'd be three, four tables full of goths smoking cloves and bitching and ordering nothing but coffee

i met my first roommate at a DENNYS... she was a LESBIAN VAMPIRE... she paid rent in clothing and weed

she was ALWAYS ON THE PHONE

anyway... i feel like the food used to suck

but i dunno

im eating this... this... SALTED CARAMEL BANNA CREAM PANCAKES... and im like...

drat

ths is pretty good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
are you at DENNYS right now??

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
no im at home... i live right next to it... epic

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Muerte aka the goon who tried walking across America for raisin awareness( :grin: ) also planned on refueling by continuously hitting up every Denny's while marching through nevada in the summer

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
I kind of miss the Taking Back Bacon Burger Fries brought to you by Taking Back Sunday.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20BeizHnW3s

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

$1.99 are you out of your mind?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Made my own pancakes, cost a fraction of what I'd have paid at Denny's. Had some homemade strawberry syrup that needed using up.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I like Denny's. They had this promotion when The Hobbit came out. I don't remember exactly what they had but they had a Second Breakfast with a few meats and these awesome cake waffle things. And I never get sweet stuff for breakfast but drat they were good.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Me + the crew rolling up at 3am

Only registered members can see post attachments!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i was at a hockey game one time and they gave a $30 dennys gift certificate to seat #376 and i said to my friend "the draw prize is supposed to be a reward not a punishment!"

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
$2 $4 $6 $8 menu biych!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh yeah their crepes are vary good too

i know... i know... literally how do u gently caress up crepes... well sir or ma'am thats a good point... but still... their crepes are really good

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
I've never lived anywhere where there wasn't at least one better diner than Denny's (or IHOP) to eat at.

super sweet best pal posted:

Made my own pancakes, cost a fraction of what I'd have paid at Denny's

also the breakfast I make is better but dont always feel like cooking.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

super sweet best pal posted:

Made my own pancakes, cost a fraction of what I'd have paid at Denny's.

Making your own food at home is cheaper than eating at a restaurant you say? :wow:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i got food poisoning from a dennys "Sizzlin' Skillet" one time

and my buddy puked all over the table at 3 am and lost his shirt and shoes

different visit though

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 31, 2022

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

Making your own food at home is cheaper than eating at a restaurant you say? :wow:

How are you supposed to make food at home drunk at 3AM? :thunk:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Good point.
Better drive to Dennys

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

My Dad took me to Denny's after picking me up from jail once. It was actually one of the few times back then we didn't fight. Good times.

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.
I also have a certain fondness for Denny's.

I used to go on Tuesdays after industrial night. Wound up developing a rapport with the overnight staff since I came in regularly and was sometimes the only person there. One night, I was coming home from midnight movie and discovered that my keys had fallen out of my pocket while I was at the theatre. Roommates didn't answer the doorbell. I tried to climb up on top of the roof of the deck to get in through my bedroom window, but my sad, doughy goon body was not up to the task. It had been raining that night, so all I managed to do was drench my crotch and legs in dirty water and rotting leaves. So, damp, dirty, disheveled, looking (and kind of smelling) like I had pissed myself, I wander into Denny's because they have the nearest payphone. Turns out the staff were the same people I saw on Tuesday night. I explained the night I was having. They let me hang out there, out of the rain, and gave me free coffee until i managed to get ahold of a locksmith to come over and let me into my house.

And that's why I like Denny's.

Also I'm a fatty and an insomniac and I love eating greasy breakfast foods at gently caress o'clock in the morning.

Dr. Thoss fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 31, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cafe Barbarian posted:

I've never lived anywhere where there wasn't at least one better diner than Denny's (or IHOP) to eat at.

i live in the ghetto

edit: and i don't mean like, the fun ghetto with the cool BBQ joint, i mean the "oh god everyone is miserable and everything is made of rust" industrial hell ghetto

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

precision posted:

i live in the ghetto

edit: and i don't mean like, the fun ghetto with the cool BBQ joint, i mean the "oh god everyone is miserable and everything is made of rust" industrial hell ghetto
seems to me like you should open a coffee shop

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Cafe Barbarian posted:

also the breakfast I make is better but dont always feel like cooking.

Not sure if they understand the concept of a restaurant.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I don't have a problem with Denny's per say. The food is ok and not any worse than any other breakfast dive or convenience store. Lord knows I'm not above eating equal or lower tier garbage at Country Buffet or even a hotel breakfast bar.

However, in these Covid times, it kind of pains me to hear my 70+ year old parents regularly risk their lives, once or twice a month, to eat out at Denny's since even before vaccines were available.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's Lenny's!

Ahhhh, any of my 90s bro's get that one? Bazzziiinnggaaa!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

i was at a hockey game one time and they gave a $30 dennys gift certificate to seat #376 and i said to my friend "the draw prize is supposed to be a reward not a punishment!"

Lol drat gottem

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
dennys nuts

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Maybe my memory is hazy because I was a kid but didn't Denny's literally not serve black people in the 1980s? Like legit black people would come to their establishment and they'd say "please leave" and this somehow didn't sink the company

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

As opposed to all the white dudes in blackface trying to eat at Denny's?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Blooster posted:

Maybe my memory is hazy because I was a kid but didn't Denny's literally not serve black people in the 1980s? Like legit black people would come to their establishment and they'd say "please leave" and this somehow didn't sink the company

Somehow I don't think that's true.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

post dennys fights itt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtMxhNplxlg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5drxJYFnfr4

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Blooster posted:

A quick Google's Search nets many, many results that support your claim.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

should i order a t-bone steak from dennys

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

same way you make food any other time. Once I started heating up hot links at 3am, passed out and ruined a pot/stunk up my house, though.

precision posted:

i live in the ghetto

I'm sorry for you and anyone else with no option better than Dennys :(

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

mkvltra posted:

A quick Google's Search nets many, many results that support your claim.
Yes but Cracker Barrel was still openly turning away black people in the 1990s so Denny's' motto of "It Could Be Worse" is apt

Also seconding the Hobbit tie-in food enthusiasm, I have an incredibly fond memory of intricately planning out my paternity leave with my ex- for like three hours while eating a series of Shire pancake puppies and Taters Precious or whatever they were serving

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dr. Quarex posted:

Yes but Cracker Barrel was still openly turning away black people in the 1990s

dennys did it in the 90s too, the ones in Orlando were infamous for it

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

precision posted:

dennys did it in the 90s too, the ones in Orlando were infamous for it
drat, keeping up with the racist Joneses after all

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Denny's is real weird. I've been to some in the middle of nowhere at like 3am and there is literally one person running the whole restaurant, from front of house to the grill. Seems like a real dangerous way to live.

but for those that choose it, thats the dennys life

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Beef City posted:

Good point.
Better drive to Dennys

Just call all the people in your phone until you find a sober friend. This is the only way anyone ever gets to a dennys. :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
The skillets are awesome. Don't listen to the goon who threw up after eating one. That's the typical Dennys experience.