Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Full Metal Jackass posted:

The skillets are awesome. Don't listen to the goon who threw up after eating one. That's the typical Dennys experience.

This is correct. I was working in Chino, CA last week and the guy I was with wanted to go to Denny’s. I kind of rolled my eyes but went along and it was actually pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The worst chicken fried steak I ever had was at a Dennys.
It was 2:30am in Santa Rosa, CA. My wife and I had been out drinking with my cousin. The only place open was Dennys.
My cousins told me not to get the chicken fried steak. I ignored them. It was a huge mistake.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i prefer my local family owned diner OP

mines been there since '49 OP

24/7 OP

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
OP

One Pancake

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

i prefer my local family owned diner OP

mines been there since '49 OP

24/7 OP

Most of the diners around here are owned by Greeks. I don't know why. They just are. My go to is maybe a mile from me and I get the same thing every time. Veggie omelette with hashbrowns (ketchup) doused in hot sauce and sourdough toast (with Smucker's jam). Every once in a great while I'll get the small pancakes instead of toast as an option but that's more calories. The omelette is big and stuffed with mozzarella cheese which is great.

The only thing that sucks is they close at 2pm. I went there once with a girl and the 70 some year old owner was like "Oh you brought a girl!!!" because I'm always in there alone. :|

I think the nearest Denny's is one city away and I've only been there once. When I lived in Washington I'd go to one in my city from time to time.

I LOVE local diners. But if they're not available then Denny's is ok.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Hell yeah, late night Dennys crew represent. Ours was goths, twee indie kids, and dnd players. Roll into the Denny's on Cermak at 11 after my shift at Blockbuster, drink coffee and smoke cigarettes until morning, repeat.

What was less great was going there like 4 years later, and seeing how many of the regulars were still there.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I hit up Denny's alot during college. Always hammered drunk. Burger with a fried egg was my go-to. :munch:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Never forget: Hobbit Slam

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
im not even gonna front "honey cake french toast" sounds fuckin dope as gently caress

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
however i lowkey suspect it was just french toast with honey on it

which to be fair still sounds good as gently caress

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Why would hobbitses call it French toast? France doesn’t exist in Middle-Earth.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Why would hobbitses call it French toast? France doesn’t exist in Middle-Earth.

Why would an orc be familiar with menus?

No why.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I love slamming hobbits!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
They should have called it "Second Breakfast Sausage" imo.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

my mom was a waitress at Denny’s for a while when I was a child. the management was poo poo to her and ended up firing her for a broken ankle she got on the job from an open floor drain. that said, it was also while eating there that I first encountered hash browns, that prince of breakfast foods (with eggs over hard because they were harder to gently caress up, iirc and either bacon or sausage, I’m fine with either). in conclusion, Denny’s is a franchise of contrasts

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Meme Poker Party posted:

Never forget: Hobbit Slam

:911:

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

precision posted:

however i lowkey suspect it was just french toast with honey on it

which to be fair still sounds good as gently caress
That is how I grew up eating French toast. And peanut butter and honey sandwiches. The general minimal use of honey in American society makes me think my mother was some sort of bee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

My best Denny's memory is the first Baconalia. I was at a house party that happened to be about five or six blocks from a Denny's. A few of us were poo poo loving wasted and went to Denny's and between the three or four of us we got at least one of everything except for the desserts. A lot of coffee and bacon was had. Bring back Baconalia.