Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I found the Invention of the White Race (vol 1-2) and black marxism are much better than settlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

LittleBlackCloud posted:

impossible to take the single K spelling seriously it's either c or kkk

united $$$nake$$$ of amerikkka

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CaptainACAB posted:

120,000, less than 1% of the japanese american population, were put into camps in which the conditions were always better than you'd find on any indian reservation, black ghetto or even regular prison, and the government has spent the entire time since then bending over backwards to offer reparations, apologies and extensive education (i learned more about these camps than i ever did about the countless massacres of blacks, or even the indian reservations IN MY OWN STATE!!!) which they have done and will never do for any other group but yeah sure, the japanese were uniquely oppressed.

there will never be an introspection on this because we, again, are just browbeaten by baby brains such as Settler Colonialist J Sakai.

idk maybe try asking stalin? you know, the guy who accomplished far more and liberated far more people than j sakai could ever dream of.

:whitewater:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gently caress you, you settler piece of poo poo

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I thought this was a pretty decent critique of sakai.

https://erich-arbor.medium.com/the-anti-marxist-elitism-of-j-sakais-settlers-409ff2d496ee

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The real people colonized were the residents of hokkaido that the nippon colonized.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Call me a Bolshevik because I'm eliminating the whites.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

what's up with spelling it amerika, like what is the actual reason people do this? good faith question i am very curious about it!

It's the euro way of spelling the world. The cool way is Amerikkka.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Idia posted:

I read it and didn't find it particularly eye opening nor do I understand why it gets under certain leftists skin so much?
The earlier parts of the book, on the formation of the labor aristocracy was interesting but that's about it.

It's probably because it's an internet meme.

The book is okay, Sakai does a really bad mediocre job of defending his thesis about white settler colonialism. There are so many books that do a better job.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

skipmyseashells posted:

mr kwame ture? you’re a race essentialist cia operative who’s wrong because america is ironically going to be the vanguard of the revolution

His and Parenti's talks on youtube are fantastic.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

while you were out touching grass, I was touching the keyboard

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Can I just go to this school instead of reading the book?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

A lot of those books look like they've never been touched in their lives. Lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CoolCab posted:

yeah...haha...who would buy a bunch of books and never actually read them. c-couldn't be me.

This is why you only buy the really beat to poo poo books from the used book store. So all the people who come visit think you're smart and read a lot.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Also no copies of open veins or Nkrumah, shameful really.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

@_@ no lenin

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

used book stores are also the only stores where you can actually find any decent books anymore

all the bookstores where I live are just full of pop culture crap

Those + thrift shops are my gotos for books. I have no idea how people afford stuff like B&N, I went in there last week to see if they had a book and everything was $20+.

Thriftbooks is also good if you want an online thrift book store.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I keep my bookshelf stocked to let the dimes I bring home know they're dealing with an intellectual.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/dulce_base_/status/1499501436732080130

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/GeoffYoung4KY/status/1564698010398990336

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

are the patsocs really mad this crank read settlers lmfao

There are a lot of people that hate settlers for no reason. I think it’s been read by a total of 5 people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

There is a type of southern blue lib who is 1 book away from becoming a swamp/appalachian style maoist.