Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
It's good to see you back, Id. I'm excited for this LP ("not bursting into flame" excited, but...).

Also, the Gargoyles reference is appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
I never actually tried Parasite Eve for myself. I was a wimpy ten year old when I watched my cousin playing it (along with Resident Evil 2), so I guess both games stuck in my head as way too scary. I blame the scene we just saw, plus one that's coming up.

DeTosh fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 1, 2022

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
I didn't even know this game had tutorials in the menu. Was there not an instructional booklet, either? As long as we're talking about ancient times, I kind of miss those.

The Dark Id posted:

The Actress - You ever see a lady with cleavage so out of control she rejected humanity and started shooting ki beams? You're not trying hard enough if not.

I mean, I watch anime. I just don't know which part happens first, the boobs or the superpowers.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

achtungnight posted:

The world has one less clown now. Good start.

It wasn't the Wilhelm Scream, but I'm pretty sure his death was accompanied by a stock scream of some sort.

And yeah, the rat mutation cutscene was the other thing that convinced me not to play this game.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
There have been quite a few cases of parrots escaping captivity and establishing themselves in an urban habitat.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
I foresee a lot more 90s nostalgia before this is over (and I liked Tomorrow Never Dies).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

The Dark Id posted:

Daniel Dollis Portrait - Do you think Danny Glover knows there's an anime version of him in a video game from 1998?

Maybe? I hear Clint Eastwood is a JoJo fan.

Because of the family thing, I'm beginning to see elements of John McClane in Daniel, too.

And I actually love that gag where someone makes a phone call to a person within earshot.