Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

"This woman...she's killed before, and not just once..."

Aw hell yeah, it's a christmas miracle! :woop:

I was a huge weenie when I first played PE as a kid, was too scared to play it but now I love what scared me back then!

Also PE2 is totally fine, too. I like that the only two PE games that ever existed for real used different balances of "RPG Survival Horror."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Vagrant Story had its own brand of awkwardness but I recall Ashley moving at a decent clip.

The PE amount being wherever it left off in combat after spending it is what got me effectively softlocked in an area later in the game as a kid. It thankfully didn't take too many years to bounce back from that :negative:

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Man that rat sequence is great. Even with the stock sound effects all the designers of that fmv were on their A game. And that's just the standard mob enemy!

I think the parrot was more parroting what the jerky was saying as they caught fire. Maybe, it could go either way. Those costume racks are always stuffy.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Shitenshi posted:

That diary was surprisingly creepy given poo poo has hit the fan way worse and we already know who the villain is.

It's a cool way to show where Melissa ended and how Eve began. Itchy Tasty being the villain origin story instead of some cannon fodder :v:

I can't not read the parrot's "Goodbye" as a way deeper pitch than the typical parrot voice outta nowhere. Also the one that aggros you tracks your movements until you speak to it.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah I think each (or maybe 90% of each) chest will either be a stat up or a more generic item like Medicine or bullets.

Speaking of which I never saw that chest before the hole backstage holy hell.

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

The rng weapons are generally 50-50 of 2 largely equivalent guns and there's only a couple of them. The next area is absolutely infested with 80/20 and 60/40 splits between permanent upgrades and ammo/medicine but there's so many such chests and so few save points that actually bothering is hard to justify.

The game doesn't demand min maxing enough to worry about not getting stat ups at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeikier
Jan 26, 2010

Before I saw official art of Ben I thought he was a pale Peter Lorre manlet with a heavy red tuxedo robe.

Also the locker room cop almost looks like it was reused in FF8.