Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Oh boy oh boy oh boy :neckbeard: :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I'm going to tell my really, really stupid Parasite Eve story.

Now, I have never actually played Parasite Eve, but at the time the game came out I had a game magazine that had an article about it that my step-sister and I thought made it sound so cool ("She's at the opera!" "And the audience catches on fire" "And she's gotta fight monsters with her gun and her dress!!" "What a cool action lady!"), but, being 8 or 9 at the time, knew we'd never be allowed to play a scary game like that.

So in comes my step-brother* (also 8 or 9 years old at the time) with some absolute grade-A bullshit, said with the confidence of a kid telling his classmates about his uncle that works at Nintendo, saying, "Oh yeah, I've played that game. It's really scary and bloody. And every time you get a game over it plays a movie** where the main character lady is walking in to Hell and she goes to the gates of Hell and then the giant Devil reaches out and grabs her and pulls her in and the gates slam shut and he eats your character but you don't see anything until he spits out Aya's bones and hair. And creepy piano music plays and it's game over. Every time you die."

Goons. This scared the poo poo out of me. I think that night I couldn't sleep because that image scared me so bad (like, I could see this so clearly in my mind) and my mom kept asking me why I was so upset and even at the time I know I couldn't even begin to explain this dumb bullshit to her. I tell you this because this is what I think about every time Parasite Eve comes up and it is the dumbest, most hilarious story.

Anyway, that's my deeply stupid Parasite Eve story.

*Whom, as of last November, we no longer talk to
**What we used to call CGI cutscenes

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

He might be following QAnon and I'll just leave it at that

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Honestly, I have no idea where he got that idea, like if this just sprang from nowhere in his imagination or if he was cribbing it from somewhere? But this is also the step-brother that told me at the end of FF7 Cloud got executed for being a terrorist :shrug:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Oh, that's absolutely a big part of it and I fell for it every time

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Wish all games had Dark Id style banter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Renzuko posted:

I mean, it's a VERY VERY LOOSELY licensed game. thedarkid mentionned it in the first post, thats why the game we dont talk about couldnt be called parasite eve (blank) cuz square enix no longer had the license with the author.

According to the Wikipedia page for the novel, the author was actually really impressed with how well the novel was translated in to the game.